Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Salvia and Mushrooms Combo - Advice Needed
    #2991852 - 08/11/04 05:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Hi there
I plan to trip with mushrooms next Monday and I am already considering how to best plan the trip.

I wonder whether to try smoking Salvia at some time. I have 5x extract, with which i have succesfully broken through before.

So now I am curious how will the combination feel. At what stage of the mushroom trip is it best to smoke the Salvia, before or after the peak?

I have read some trip reports where people do this combination and say it is amazing, but I could not understand whether it was because of just a great mindfuck with nice visuals, or some valuable learning lessons . Both mushrooms and salvia have given me powerful experinces by themselves. I wonder whether together they will be too powerful to comprehend what they teach me.

Will the Salvia part, though only 10 minutes long, will be so strong as to make me forget about the shrooms totally?

I repect both Salvia and mushrooms as great teachers. My attitude towards mushrooms trips is that I want them to learn new things, and that's why I stopped smoking weed while shrooming, weed made it more fun, but less clear for me.

How can one best describe the interaction between the drugs, what is the synergy between them, and will you advice me to do them together, or always strictly alone?

Thanks for your advice
Peace

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefrogger25
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: Salvia and Mushrooms Combo - Advice Needed [Re: gotmagog]
    #2992019 - 08/11/04 06:20 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i have not tried it but i would imagine it would be quite intense. normally a salvia trip can be quite dissorienting and confusing but the alter perspectives gained by the mushrooms may make it alot more clear to you what was revealed to you and how to interpert it. well good luck and be sure to post the results, i am very interested.

Offlineprettyboy
Stranger
Re: Salvia and Mushrooms Combo - Advice Needed [Re: frogger25]
    #2993275 - 08/11/04 11:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, i dunno about that combo, salvia kinda sucks.

i've done it four times, twice with a sitter, twice alone.

it's an experience, yes, but it is NOT a 'good' experience per se, and definitely not one to have on shrooms for any positive reason i can see...

let's put it this way. basically, it feels like the aftermath of being slugged in the face. you'll feel REALLY 'drugged', in a dizzying, "what the hell did i just do" kind of way, that makes you just want to lay down and hope for it to be over. while that's going on, you'll constantly be fighting to 'stay awake' or 'snap out of it' or 'wake up' or whatever..... it very much feels like you are losing control, slipping down, descending into hell, whatever analogy you want to make here.

about the only cool thing i got out of it was on the last experience, i found myself sitting up on my bed *GENUINELY* not knowing whether i was alone in my room or not. i said outloud several times "am i alone right now?" slowly... i fully expected to hear someone confirm that i was actually sitting in a room full of people.

it is VERY disorientating... you essentially do not know whether you are actually alive / awake or part of a dream, about to wake up. this seems to be the 'breakthrough' experience people talk about when referencing salvia, but honestly, it is not a miracle-revelation-lights-come-on-to-the-brilliant-shine-of-new-awareness moment. it's more like, "i'm so fucked up i don't know what's going on"

kind of like when you are REALLY drunk, like the room is spinning and you're about to be sick drunk, and you ask yourself "why the hell did i do this to myself?"

the other thing i found with the salvia is the comedown makes you REALLY introspective and antisocial.... to me, it felt EXACTLY like waking up in the morning and just not wanting to get out of bed.... really mopey and low energy and sort of 'fuck this, who cares, i'm lazy, whatever' feeling.... a time during which any noise disturbances (radio, dogs barking, other people) are REALLY FRIGGEN ANNOYING.... just like when you get woken up and just want everyone to leave you alone.

i'd say knock yourself out and have the experience if you want it, but to be honest, i can't see salvia+shrooms really being a great trip. intense, sure. intense in the good way? hmmmmmm....

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Salvia and Mushrooms Combo - Advice Needed [Re: prettyboy]
    #2994396 - 08/12/04 03:56 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Smoking salvia during your peak would be best.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #2994503 - 08/12/04 05:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've done this, it's an experience quite unlike any other.  You totally lose yourself, and if you are playing music, you'll go inside the song.  It's scary as fuck because it's not of this world; nothing is recognisable.  It's not bad or evil, it's just extremely different.  Have someone that you trust there to hold on to you.  It's the ultimate trip, and, I suspect, you could get there with enough shrooms or acid or whatever.  The beauty of doing it with Salvia is that it will wear off after a few minutes, rather than being stuck there for hours.  I did it and thoroughly forgot I had done so.  You won't exist in a physical sense.  It's the old trip thing:  do it when you feel happy, and do it with trusted pals.  Happy trails!!!!! :gangsta:
p.s.:  I think everything is made from the fabric of the universe.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: Salvia and Mushrooms Combo - Advice Needed [Re: Loosifa]
    #3004638 - 08/14/04 04:41 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think I may lose myself in the song with Salvia only, it has happened to me before, salvia by itself os amazingly strong, so i cant imagine how it will be with shrooms

I thought I would get more replies and that this was a more popular combo.

I guess I will take the shrooms, wait after the peak and then see if i am in the mood for a Salvia jpurney out of this world.

Where are you, redgreenvines, I thought u would have something to say about this use of Salvia...

InvisibleAdden
Saprotrophic Specimen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Amongst the Dunes
    #3004823 - 08/14/04 06:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've smoked salvia on DXM, LSA, LSD, mushrooms, and mescaline.

Do it at the peak, or as you're coming up about to hit it.

If you do it after your peak, you'll get a salvia trip and a feeling like you should be tripping harder than you are. Its kind of a burn.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience