Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSugarMagnolia
WecanhaveHIGHtimesifyoudontmind

Loc: Halfway between here and ...
Why such negative views on Fly Agarics?
    #2989181 - 08/11/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hey all! First time in this forum. I was really researching Amanita Muscaria, yet it seems there are such bad sentiments about this mushroom. Granted those that were positive made me really want to try it. The trip off of these sounds much more like the experience I am looking for. I have read up enough to understand the lower dosage and the heating to cancel out the "sick" reaction. I also know that the Death cap and Destroying Angel are DEADLY. They appear nothing like the Muscaria though. I guess I was wondering if anyone knew which agarics were worthwhile and which were to be stayed away from? Also, is it safe to assume that because they have the bulb type volva that stays in the ground, are they safe or not? That may sound dumb, but not asking is foolish. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have already searched google and this site, also visited other sites but the info is really scarce or seems like guesswork. The red cap Amanita Muscarias don't grow in my region, the A. Muscaria var. Formosa is probably the most likely find. I also think I have seen Pantherina and now that I have researched I will have to look at the patch I found a little closer. Thanks for letting me droll on!
Peace love and shroominess!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: SugarMagnolia]
    #2989617 - 08/11/04 02:34 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i think theres a shroomery sponser that sells the good kind, heres a link to the vendors: http://www.shroomery.org/vendors.php

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2989862 - 08/11/04 05:37 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Terence Mckenna and Wasson both failed in getting any psychedelic effects off Muscaria. All they got was pounding headaches, sweating and nausea.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2989928 - 08/11/04 05:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Muscaria that naturally grows in North America is some bunk shit.

I have heard of both good and bad experiences, but mostly bad. Muscaria seems to fuck up your body more than alter the mind. I haven't done it myself though. Be careful with picking wild mushrooms, if you get a digital camera, you can post pictures and descriptions.

One of our members, ShroomyDan or ToxicMan will help you eventually.

OfflineIAmTheWalrus212
LIL WEEZY
Male User Gallery

Loc: ?
    #2990159 - 08/11/04 07:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The bulb is characteristic of all (or most) amanitas. So if you find a shroom that looks like a muscaria and it has that (and a veil if it's mature enough), then it's probably legit.

--------------------

InvisibleSugarMagnolia

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: IAmTheWalrus212]
    #2991116 - 08/11/04 12:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks all for your input I greatly appreciate it! McKenna and Wasson are such trusted names in mycology that for them to not have any reaction to the Muscaria makes me wonder if all the info on the net is either false or grossly exagerated. I never eat what I find out in the field until it has been identified by a mycologist. I usually take it to the University and they ID it for me. If they are obvious ID's then I take a chance, but with Amanitas I feel better safe then sorry. I just posted in the Hunting forum a species I found today, I first thought it was A. Flavoconia, yet with further research I feel I may have found an A. Muscaria var. Formosa. I am waiting to hear from the pros on their thoughts, then I will collect some to take for ID. If it is Formosa I will try a low dose and try to give an accurate report on the effects. From the reading I've been doing it seems that each mushroom will have varying levels of toxins, hence different reactions to each person, etc. I guess that is maybe why so many people feel it is a bad "trip." I like the idea that the mushroom almost takes control of the experience. These definitely seem like something I would like to try, at low dosage though because I am not all into taxing my system to see if I can "Trip Balls". I like the effects that I have read about, excluding nausea of course. But as far as I can tell that can be avoided or diminished if prepared correctly. I also saw in an old post, someone named GD420 or something like that, who was refferd to as an expert on the fly agarics. Does anyone know if he still posts here? Maybe he can give a little insight on my unknowledgeable self! Well thanks and ya'll will be the first to know if the experience is worth it or not.
Peace love and Shroominess!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2991194 - 08/11/04 12:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Expert? :lol: I'm flattered, I'm certainly not an expert but I do know a thing or two about those mushrooms. YMMV, the potency of the mushroom depends on a couple factors such as the time of the season the mushroom is growing in and the age of the mushroom. Once you find the, you must somehow dry them. You can look on erowid for preparations. This is to convert the ibotenic acid to muscimol. Ibotenic acid is converted in your system as well but it will make you very sick, muscimol is the chemical you want. This mushroom has been used as an entheogen for a very long time, just because Terrence Mckenna didn't have a good experience doesn't mean that they are all hype. The full Muscaria experience is very strange, definitely not something that would be considered "recreational." Good luck on your venture, remember that Amanita contains some very poisonous mushrooms so be sure to have your findings verified.

Look on erowid for any other info: www.erowid.org

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: gdman]
    #2991288 - 08/11/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Now this will sound strange but... if you want to trip of of muscaria try what deer do. If you've researched the mushrooms much you'll know what I'm refering to. THEN you will without a doubt have your trip lol.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

InvisibleSugarMagnolia

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2991321 - 08/11/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks GDman420, sorry I had your name wrong, but I won't forget it, evah!  Would you mind checking my post in the hunting forum, its the variety I found today and am working on an ID.  I really am looking for a different kind of trip, and muscaria sounds like something I would enjoy.  I have been trying to find the best method and it seems that to dry in the oven on low with the door cracked for a couple hours(or is that too long?) then chopping them and steeping for about 30 minutes and then drinking the tea would be the best way.  Plus from what I have read it seems to taste pretty well that way.  Do you have a better culinary dish for them, or a link to a better way?  The deer way is not up my alley :smile: sorry shaman, i'll leave that to the deer!  Thanks for all the input and info!  Hopefully I can give a different outlook on this mushroom because I'm not a young kid looking to get high.  I'm an adult and want my husband and I to be able to try natures gifts. 
Peace Love and Shroominess!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2991322 - 08/11/04 01:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

are you refering to recycling your fluids? yes you can do that, it will contain only the chemical you want and will get you where you want to be.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.

InvisibleSugarMagnolia

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: gdman]
    #2991330 - 08/11/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The pee drinking is a very strange ritual that I don't really feel like taking part in, but for those who do, I hope you brush your teeth afterwards!
Peace Love and Shroominess!

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

#2991333 - 08/11/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2993888 - 08/11/04 11:26 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Mucsaria "trip" (not much of a trip really) for me, is like, being drunk with 900 thoughts going through your head all at once. Check out the Shroomery's sponsors and try some of theirs first. Make sure you try this before running out through tick infested forests of north america looking for this Aztec Shrine. It's not much of a recreational drug, more like something you would take to meditate... It helps you think of thousands of things, you get a thousand views on everything you think of. Don't take too much cause thats where you read so much about the bad experiences. Most recreation drug fiends read about people having to take alot to have visualizations while having scary effects, but also read other people who had no scary effects and go "Oh hey maybe ill be one of those people who see cool shit and dont get scary melting flaming skulls burning holes in my forehead". Truth is if you take enough to see visuals your not going to have a lovely trip. Respect this mushroom and stick to small dosages working your way up to your Angelic state, keep your hands and feet inside the carrage at all times and enjoy what this magical mushroom has to offer you.

SoD

OfflineThe_Cultivator
Self ProclaimedGenius

Loc: ethiopia
Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2994021 - 08/11/04 11:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

amanita muscaria is extremely dangerous and is responsible for 90% of all mushroom related deaths, the toxin shuts down you resp. system.

i had a half pound that i orderd, after i got it i relized that only fresh mushrooms that you find or grow, and that were picked in the right season,and that were heated to 200-220 degrees will be good for a trip.  if you are planing on ordering them; don't it's not worth the trouble or the risk of death and chances are they won't evan work. (that half pound was the most worthless peice of shit ever,almost killed my freind) and that was the only time thaT my freind or I actually triped off it,the only other affects were blurry vision.  (i was just like you, i wanted to try new shit that i read about that sounded cool, but trust me ,it aint worthit) :lipsrsealed:

--------------------
"So, how long has it been a month?"

Offlinemush20
Stranger
    #2994520 - 08/12/04 03:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Theres a reason why there legal..... To me its not worth the risk of dieing to trip. Plus one good thing I always have in mind when tripping on psy mushies is that they cant hurt me physicaly. Knowing that there potentialy dangerouse and deadly would give me a bad trip on its own.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: The_Cultivator]
    #2994848 - 08/12/04 08:36 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

you guys have no idea what your talking about, amanita muscaria is not going to kill you, it certainly is not responsible for 90% of all mushroom deaths? where the hell did you get that info? if you don't know what your talking about, please keep your mouth shut.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2995414 - 08/12/04 11:38 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

If sitting around with tunnel vision a headache and drool and spittle coming down your mouth than amanita muscaria is the shroom for you.

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3000745 - 08/13/04 12:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A couple years back i had a very great experience with Flys, but i dosed too high.  To make a long story short, I simple got the stummy-aches, threw up a little, and then went out of my mind.  Not many visuals, but none the less, a mind-fuck.

I obtained mine through BouncingB.
Everything seemed OSHA-approved.

Except. it tasted like shroom-jerky.  And i havent ate meat in 6 years, so it was a nasty dried sensation to my tastebuds.

As with any psychedelic, be careful of the dose, and don't do what I did.  As i was tripping I was eating more and more, thinking that i needed it, and no one was telling me any different.  I had 56g dried.  It was great.  Just be cautious.

:smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: Why such negative views on Fly Agarics? [Re: The_Cultivator]
    #3000962 - 08/13/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Dude you are very wrong very bad info FLY shrooms are not going to kill anybody. You should put yourself onto check andnot fuck with people.

Has anybody ever heard the term " BESERKER " ?

Well they were Siberian warriors from way back in the days of old when knights were bold. They didn't have Booze or weed to get all jacked up on before a battle they had Fly shrooms. The gross part is they found out the get high stuff in FLY shrooms came out of the body in there piss. Yuk And you can guess what happened next.....

They woukd eat these shrooms for like 2-3 days and collect piss in giant pots. Hours before the battle they would boil the piss to concentrate it so it was way more powerful. Then they drank the shit and drank alot of it. Tear off all there clothes pick up the sword and go to the fight

Can you imagine facing a bunch of freaked out naked men with swords and no reguard for themselves! That is how they almost took over europe.

So I think if PISS AND FLY SHROOMS boiled down and drank along with sw0rd fightung didn't kill them. Then eating some dried Fly shrooms ain't going to hurt you.

ASS

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Offlinecrowstongue
Stranger
    #3001903 - 08/13/04 05:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

years ago experimented w/ fly agarics. prepared tea from dried specimens ala JLF (poisonous non-consumables at the time, now JLF materials or something). you don't need to bother drinking piss, the tea is at least as nasty and very similar anyway. out of five people i was the only one who got strong effects. i just felt very queasy and uneasy for around an hour, then after much pot-smoking we were going to take a walk, only between getting up and walking i laid down and hallucinated. i sweated profusely (like a gallon, the entire blanket/sheets were wet). i drifted away somewhere big and black, but not empty, there were other things there. people came back from the walk and bothered me, i tried to move to get up but my motor nerves actuated the wrong muscles and sensory nerves were switched up. like, i was trying to move my left arm and roll over and my right arm slapped my face, etc.

very unique, stomach sickness/ill sensation much less than unscraped HBWR seeds (LSA), for example. smoking seemed to set off trip somehow.

anyway, at the time JLF was selling legal 5-MEO. off subject but that stuff was incredible.

fly agarics are worth a try anyway.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck