Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFreeFalling
Who's been herebefore me?
Which CD Should I Do?
    #2991274 - 08/11/04 03:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all. To make a long story short, I met some cool people at a party I just went to last night. Well anyways, this person asked me to come to one of his parties friday that he is having and it turns out is is providing me with a bag of mushrooms. Well, I have been very very eager to trip lately and haven't had that chance, because my immediate friends had some bad experiences and wont anymore. So, I plan to go to this party friday and eat 'em all up and have fun. But here's my question, I plan on going with a pair of headphones and cd player because it just so happens that we're not really the same 'crowd' of people. Our music genres, style, and taste in everything is just opposite. So i planned on taking a great cd to wlak around the party with and just jam to some good tunes while partying and being in my own little world.

I want music that will be very very happy, uplifiting and put me in that party/dancing mood. Example of what I dont want:

Tool - Great music no question. But I personally think it'll have too much of a 'dark' side so to speak in a party environment.

Floyd - Definately top music to trip to but, I don't think it fits party situations.

I was thinking more along the lines of PsyTrance or something. I was also heavily contemplating buying the cd "Are You Shpongled" but, I'm not sure how it would worrk out ina party environment.

Please help me out, give me some suggestions!!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: Which CD Should I Do? [Re: FreeFalling]
    #2991307 - 08/11/04 03:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe its just me, but mushrooms aren't a party drug in my book. I know I wouldn't enjoy them like I would by myself or with a good friend or two, but that is just me. I don't like being around people that aren't tripping, while I am. Music though, for some happy music why don't you check out some Beatles, most of the songs, you have to smile while listening too. When listening though, I like to have a mix of songs, that way it takes you in all directions....

OfflineFreeFalling
Who's been herebefore me?
Re: Which CD Should I Do? [Re: j_db69]
    #2991320 - 08/11/04 03:39 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

This is why I am looking to take a good cd with me. I've never been in a party situation with mass amounts of people whilet rippinbg before. The most people I've ever been around is me and two others. I want to make sure my mind can stay focused on the trip and no stray to bad situations, like loud abnoxious aggrivating drunk people. :frown:

Offlinethe_seeker
Stranger
    #2991437 - 08/11/04 04:16 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I just recently made a "journey" mix for a friend of mine, designed specifically for headphones, incorporating some intense stuff, some calming breaks, some good spoken word bits, etc.

Hexstatic, Penguin Cafe Orchestra, Shpongle, Bhagavan Das, the Boredoms' "Vision Creation Newsun", etc.

Also, be wary of tripping with people with whom you don't feel in the "same crowd" with. Whether that's true or not (and aren't we all part of the same crowd really) if you're feeling at all on the outskirts, that can deinfately affect your mindset. And like the man said, set and setting...set and setting...

OfflineEdwardTheGreat
The Wanderer

Loc: Somewhere In Time
    #2993249 - 08/11/04 11:23 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Don't try to put on anything "trippy" just for the sake of it, if you really are not into that. Listen to music you enjoy, and are comfortable with. Personally, I'd put on some good metal like Iron Maiden or Dream Theater. Another thought: For a party, don't take the shrooms; get some good ol' ganja and some ale.

--------------------
"Dude, I'm the Genie, Man!" said the genie.
"Yeah, man. It's like you appear outa nowhere!" said the Wanderer in awe, as he passed the pipe to the genie.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience