Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Coir, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Reagent Testing Kit, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesplifferd
To dunk a casing or not, mycelium on stalks, and gas exchang
    #2990609 - 08/11/04 12:10 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I saw some green on my casing could not tell for sure if it was green or blue. So I cut it off and ate it. Rye grain, completly colinized. Did not think it would do anything, but I got off a little bit from it. Anyway, I noticed that my casing seems pretty dry, maybe that it why my shrooms have stopped growing.
Questions
1.) Should I soak my casing in water, "dunk" it. It seems rubberey and dry.
2.) There is some white mycelium going up the stalks of the shrooms is this a sign of over, or under watering.
3.) I have a air pump running through a jar of water with a fogger in it. The fogger is set on a timer, the air pump runs constantly. The jar is air tight with a cork. The air pump is hosed in to the jar, then to the terrium with the hoses taped at the bottom of the terrium. This provides some constant air and humitidty for 5 minities ever 3 hours. I also have holes drilled around the terrium so co2 can excape. I have a glass top on it, that I leave a small portion uncovered. Should I also install a fan on a timer, or does this sound like enough gas exchange.

Thanks for your responses in advance....

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

Re: To dunk a casing or not, mycelium on stalks, and gas exc [Re: splifferd]
    #2990726 - 08/11/04 12:45 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, you should dunk it after a flush, make sure that it is drained well afterward though, maybe even try taking it out of the container after dunking. Are you serious when you said you cut off the chunk of green or blue and ate it, not knowing? If it was mold, it could have made you really sick, don't eat anything that even could be mold or green color, better to be safe than sorry...

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2990751 - 08/11/04 12:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You would eat green mold???Keep us post if you eat any more.

:captain:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinesplifferd
    #2990774 - 08/11/04 12:57 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Does the coco coir really make that much differnce. I am using peat a mix of peat,verm, perlit, and and this mossie stuff that holds water. Also some of these crystals that hold water.

Offlinej_db69
Forever learning shaman
 User Gallery

#2990785 - 08/11/04 01:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, for a casing layer, you should just use coir and verm or one of the two alone. I know using peat, you will have to adjust the ph and the perlite is not supposed to be used at all for that purpose.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: To dunk a casing or not, mycelium on stalks, and gas exc [Re: j_db69]
    #2991273 - 08/11/04 03:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have used perlite in small quantity along with peat and vermiculite. Adjusting the pH is easy once you get a feel for things and test kits are usually 2 for a buck at wal-mart. If you don't want to dunk try injecting your casing with a syringe that used to have spores in it. You can add water where and when you need it. I find that injecting some spring water around my pins when they are about 1cm big makes them gain massive bulk and help them not to develop hollow stems. Don't over do it though, just give them as much water as you think they are "drinking", its a lot like watering a plant. I like it because I can give my pins water without spraying and avoid dunking which often seems to encourage cobweb mold -- which often turns green lol! Don't eat unidentified molds, that's bad juju.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Pump, Coir, Peat, Perlite, pH Test Strips, Reagent Testing Kit, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation