Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Error With Steam Sterlization
    #2989332 - 08/11/04 01:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Was sterlizing my PF Verm/BFL in a pot on top of a rag (as so the heat doesnt crack the jars) with boiling water.... well I had tin foil lids on my jars and upon the sterlization the bubbling of the water forced a lid or two off giving water some access into the pf tek jar (wetting it) this did not worry me so much since the water being boiled was being sterlizied and I know mushroom thrives on water but i fear maybe now this will cause problems with innoculation, so i am hesitant and come for your advice please.

--------------------
My statistical assumption is that chemical tapering should begin when the rate of visiting ODD exceeds the rate of visiting Pub, or any other Shroomery forum.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOldSpice
Geritol Breath...
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crankytown, Texas
Re: Error With Steam Sterlization [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #2989350 - 08/11/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I used to use rubberbands to hold foil in place

--------------------
So hard to be ....WDWGFH?
Texas is humongus compared to France
Our Gair, who art in Texas,
Paw Paw be thy Name....
My friends are thirsty

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrist office:biker:

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: Error With Steam Sterlization [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #2990010 - 08/11/04 06:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If it?s just a little water, you don?t need to worry too much as long as water content, probably the verm barrier did absorb it. If too much water did get in, the water/substrate ratio is fucked up so IMO, I wouldn?t inoc. those jars.
Sterility is what would worry me, you said it?s sterilized water, but you know a pot is a pot and I don?t trust the sterility of a pot, even if you leave the water boiling for 1 hour. But you know, that?s me  :cool:

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: Error With Steam Sterlization [Re: Semilanceata]
    #2990203 - 08/11/04 07:56 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

^^^^ i agree. i would just start a new batch.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale