Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Should I give weed another try?
    #2975677 - 08/07/04 02:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

A couple months ago I really overdid it and had a pretty powerful bad trip from weed. For a long time I felt depressed and anxious. Now I'm doing alright, but I am still a little nervous about weed.
My thinking is if I never smoke again, I should do it one more time to overcome the fear and maybe move on from the issues that were created last time I smoked. I would want to start with a low amount, but I got a vaporizer some time ago that I never used and I'm not sure how strong the hits from it are.
Is this a bad idea? If not what is some good advice to help with the trip.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegbhtrfv
journeyman
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #2975742 - 08/07/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

care to elaborate on the issues you previously encountered?

i'd say it's a good idea to confront those issues again, rather than hide from them. in the end, you'll come out as a much stronger individual than before.

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: gbhtrfv]
    #2975858 - 08/07/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I would have to agree, as long as you start off low and work your way up. Be sure to be in a comfortable enviroment, and try to enjoy.

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#2975866 - 08/07/04 03:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I was by myself really late at night and without thinking I took probobly about 6 small bong hits. I usually NEVER take more than two at one time. At first I tried to listen to some Grateful Dead but I became too uncomfortable. I felt like my mind was being erased and all my thoughts completely wiped like I was dying. My mind was going black but I was very conscious of it. I was staring at nothingness, and it scared me. In this state all my thoughts stopped making sense and the experience left me with a feeling of nihlisism and complete meaninglessness. I felt like everyting was hollow and fake. At the same time I become WAY overconscious of the passage of time and became very anxious about the fact that this unknown force of time was in complete control of me. I felt like every moment disapeared into oblivion as soon as it happened, and because all there was was this moment, which doesn't last, that nothing ever did, does or will exists.
When I came down I started thinking about death, and how it could be just like that trip, the sad impermenance of life, and the meaninglessness of everything. I felt very alienated, depressed and paranoid for a couple of weeks.

I have more or less recovered, and I think my mind is alot stronger than it used to be and I have more faith, my life is more moraly in-tune, and I can think positively easier. I still get depressed feelings I can handle them better. I feel that I need to revisit the weed experience to disafirm the negative feelings I got last time. I realize that the problem is not with the experience itself, but the way my mind interpreted it. I need to develop a new interpretation.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #2977451 - 08/08/04 03:07 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

nah man, trust me, just take a break for awhile.

I've been in the same sort of situation and was determined to "overcome" the pot.  Totally wrong choice  :thumbdown:  I ended up getting the same horrible anxiety stuff everytime I smoked, but was determined to beat it.  I was forced to automatically cut my smoking amount down by more than half, anymore than that and I would be sent straight into a horrible panic attack. I'm still smoking and now all I've done is beat the anxiety disorder into my head.  I've been able to make it a lot better...it's probably more like mild anxiety everytime I smoke now.  I think the only reason it seems to have gotten better is because I'm so used to it.  Anytime I overdo it though, I'll have quite a rough time, but I just ride it out.

Even if I stopped, I honestly don't think I'll ever be able to get it fully out of my brain...I've spent over a year and half pounding it(anxiety) into my head.  Now, because of persisting, I'm almost sure I have some sort of heart disorder or something(because of the willingly attacks on it...fast and/or irregular heartbeat kinda stuff).

Just lay off for a few months and enjoy the sobriety.  You'll be glad you did.  :smile:

Offlinewhiterabbit13
I'm late

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
    #2978079 - 08/08/04 11:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

When you say bad trip, how is that possible? You don't exactly "trip" from bud. Maybe you just didnt enjoy the high or were just too paranoid.

I would say yes give it another try if you are ready.

--------------------

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2978381 - 08/08/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like you had a panic attack..... i have a friend who was smoking a bong to himself one night and he had one too ... except he had to be takin into the hospital because he thought he was gonna have a heart attack and die or sumthin... they just gave him a shot of lorazepam and he was fine... he still smokes weed occasionally, he just makes sure he takes it easy....

its really up to you if you wanna smoke again. if i were you i would just keep a stash of xanax/valium and store it away for a time that your having a bad attack...

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: whiterabbit13]
    #2978548 - 08/08/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

whiterabbit13 said:
When you say bad trip, how is that possible? You don't exactly "trip" from bud. Maybe you just didnt enjoy the high or were just too paranoid.

I would say yes give it another try if you are ready.

Weed is almost always a trip for me. It is very mind altering to me, the stuff I usually get anyways. I have had some times where I could feel all the bones and electricity in my body and reality becomes completely surreal. This particular time was indeed a 'trip' as I had extreme time dilation (like man that must have been half an hour. Oh crap it has only been one minute) strong ego confusion, and I felt like I was dying and disapearing into the void. I have had 'true' psychadelic experiences where visuals are everywhere that were far less intense.

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2978640 - 08/08/04 03:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I used to fear the occasional mind fuck pot offers but i found out the trick to getting over it is to enjoy it. The most important thing you call tell yourself that you will be "normal" in a couple hours no matter what happens. I do realize though that it can be tricky to just remember that when you are in a loop or a mind fuck.

This goes for extreme paranoia as well. I used to hate it, and for a period of time i was worried if i could contiue my pot usage. With sort of meditating while high and remembering to just enjoy it, i shortly overcame paranoia as well.

Sky, you ever try Salvia. Maybe after experencing the mind fuck that is Salvia you would be able to cope with pot's effects easier.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: d33p]
    #2979273 - 08/08/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think maybe you were just trying to take the experience of smoking weed way more seriously than maybe taking shrooms and what not. taking shrooms can be a spiritual experience, and can give you some enlightenment on some of the issues in your life and what not. i feel that shrooms are something to be taken seriously, and your trips need to be a bit planned before hand.

weed however, isnt shit. weed is getting high and being stupid for an hour and a half. i personally have smoked for like 4-5 years, but i am coming to a point where i am tired of smoking. getting high isnt as fun as it used to be, and i have always felt kinda self concious and what not. and the after effects of being stoned sucks, your just spent and really tired, no matter what time of the day it is, you will be tired just for the rest of the day. but back in the day when smoking was still new to me and what not, it was the jams, get stoned and listen to music, or watch TV, or whatever. iv never been one to wanna go anywhere when im stoned though, which sucks cause my friends feel the need to go somewhere EVERYTIME. iv never really gotten the munchies and had to eat either, which is part of the reason we have to go somewhere every time, to get something to eat  :lol: .

but yea, anyways, just dont take weed to seriously, your just gonna make yourself stupid for like an hour or whatever, and thats about it. getting high doesnt have any spiritual, or mental or any type of those effects at all. you will just giggle allot.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

#2979401 - 08/08/04 09:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know...weed has always effected me in a pretty profound way. It's like I'm waking up to a higher state for the first time. For some people it's like alcohol, but I defintately get the mindfuck. Maybe I do take it a little too seriously, but getting high has always been a big departure from my normal way of thinking.
Perhaps it has to do with the varieties of weed in your area. I'm from the northwest where there is lots of strong sativa. Indica is always alot more like alcohol for me.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2979795 - 08/08/04 11:19 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
I defintately get the mindfuck.

I do too.  Every time.  I used to be sort of scared of smoking weed, but I practiced for awhile just taking tiny hits here and there and now I don't mind the mindfuck so much, in fact I even enjoy it.  Just take it slow and easy if you decide to smoke again.  :sun:

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
    #2979954 - 08/09/04 12:10 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes,you should

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineh3rb
toker

Loc: colorado
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2982025 - 08/09/04 02:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i think u should i quit weed becuase i was 2 young and i was getting in trouble but now i stay out of troubel and i still smoke...but the difference is i only do it every few days which from wha i used 2 do 2-4 times a day...even during skool i think ull be fine weed is the most safe drug there is (well basically) just dont over do it  :grin:

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: h3rb]
    #2982077 - 08/09/04 02:39 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How old are you?

OfflinePaintedDeath
The Bestest
Loc: somewhere in Texas
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: h3rb]
    #2982082 - 08/09/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i dont know.

i remember weed used to be really fun. i remember once me and my friend were in this little drainage ditch tunnel thing getting high. and we got really high and it was really dark and late out. when we came out of the tunnel, it went from this roof being right over our heads and being in a cramped area, to being in the wide open with no roof. it was like WHOOOOOOOOOOOOM went the roof and all of a sudden gravity was gonna let go and i was gonna fly up. was pretty cool =P

but smoking weed isnt really that cool. its just an everyday blah drug now. my new favorite thing is the little mushies that i found growing in my closet :wink:

just get some close buddies in a nice stress free area, hit the bong a few times and listen to some music.

as i said earlier, i hate going places stoned. to hard to concentrate on what your doing and people that are trying to interact with you.

--------------------
I wanna cross The Rainbow Bridge, and see my fathers in The Golden Hall. They beckon me, to join their feast. In my dreams, I hear their call.

Offlinechubbycharley
the chubbiest ofthe charleys
Male
Loc: everywhere
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: PaintedDeath]
    #2984299 - 08/10/04 12:31 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

PaintedDeath said:
getting high doesnt have any spiritual, or mental or any type of those effects at all. you will just giggle allot.

maybe that's how it is for you, but those spritual effects do not come from the substance alone, they come from your head. a mushroom, or a piece of paper, or a pile of crushed flowers don't contain anything remotely similar to a thought, they just help unlock those thoughts. allthough i will agree that with mushrooms or acid the spritual effects come a lot more often than with weed that doesn't don't come at all with weed :wink:

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #2988820 - 08/10/04 10:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I prefer an indica herb with a nice relaxing high most of the time.  Sativas are nice if i get high in the morning / afternoon but can make me a little edgy.  I never really have any trouble with it or smoking any amount of weed, but i could see (and have seen friends) get a little panicky off of some good herb.  Ive seen a few go green from too much hash :smile:.  If i smoke too much i just get to the point where i have tunnel vision and really spaced out.

Take it slow, pack 1 bong rip at a time.  Once your sufficiently stoned dont smoke anymore.  Always remember to keep in your head, no one has overdosed from herb and had physical problems.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: baraka]
    #2988931 - 08/10/04 10:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I :heart: bud

although I have had some rough times with too many potent browinies and such, had to take breaks.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
Re: Should I give weed another try? [Re: gdman]
    #2989253 - 08/11/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i used to smoke weed, but after a while it just made me depressed whenever i used it, and i would feel like i couldnt breathe and i wouldnt be able to remember anyhting i was trying to think about. i really dont think there is anything special about it and dont feel the need to ever use it again. with shrooms, you usually have a different expierince every time, but it is just the same old shit every day with weed.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates