Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Seen some more bobbers...
    #2987517 - 08/10/04 05:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Its what me and my friends have now nicknamed for what most of you will probably think are sattelites.

Me and 3 mates trekked through the forest on friday and consumed some mushrooms.  We didn't have very many and I decided to take just 0.5g for a very light trip.  I experienced only a mild body high and little to no hallucination / visual distortion.  My friends also said they wern't tripping very hard at all.

It was a pleasant evening so we sat on the grass near a river in a field and watched the sky.  Almost every half hour we would see a bobber.  A bobber to me and my friends is a UFO.  They were traveling at high speeds and bobbed left and right.  They would also stop completely at times.

I have heard the public disregard these as sattelites, they are not.  Sattelites are obviously up there along with comets etc but they are certainly not all sateliites or astral phenomena.  One of the most interesting bobbers was when a second one came out heading straight for the first, they stopped interacted then departed off in completely different directions.  They could be dismissed as sattelites but after a few observations of bobbers you will realise it doesn't take a genius to work out these things are intelligently controlled/programmed.

If you live anywhere with light pollution (practically everywhere) then they are very hard to see.  Luckily, I live in a town in the country.  A short walk and I can completely leave society for open fields!

I don't really care if you don't believe me, to me I :lol: it seems so obvious.  Go look for yourself's, even if its just to try and prove me wrong or out of boredom or anything, check out our amazing skys!  Some nights theirs more traffic up there than down here!  :shocked:

:borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: They're watching...

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Ego Death]
    #2987607 - 08/10/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

verrrrrry interesting! I always wonder.

"Satelites" certainly would make a very good excuse.

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2988309 - 08/10/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There's lots of traffic around here, but unfortunately with the light pollution I have to go out into the country to see the sky clearly. I love it when the 'satellites' downshift densities and then zip away, only to come bouncing back moments later but with several others, before they put on a high speed 'light show'.. it's very relaxing eh? The advances in satellite technology is amazing these days..

--------------------

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Shroomism]
    #2989189 - 08/11/04 12:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I think that light pollution and all, most people probably can think of an occasion they've seen something like that, whether they'll admit to it or not.
I know I have.. but I'm going to call it a helicopter.
Thank god we live in this world of technology and I don't have to pretend it was some sort of God or Goddess, right?
Yep nothing remarkable.. just a helicopter.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #2989233 - 08/11/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really care if you don't believe me.

This is a very disingenous statement.

Amazing to me is that you can see them most any night, but cannot come up with a single video.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Swami]
    #2989245 - 08/11/04 12:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A video is only proof for someone who didn't witness it. Why the hell would he need a video?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: deff]
    #2989255 - 08/11/04 12:55 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

A video is only proof for someone who didn't witness it. Why the hell would he need a video?

A story is only "proof" for someone who didn't witness it. Why the hell would he need to post about it?

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#2989259 - 08/11/04 12:58 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

To discuss it with us. Obviously he doesn't think his story is going to turn UFO skeptics over to his side or something. If he sees them almost any night, making a video seems wasteful and silly.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#2989275 - 08/11/04 01:07 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

...making a video seems wasteful and silly...

This is so pathetic. For generations people have promised proof of the esoteric, and then when the means are readily and cheaply available say that forthcoming proof is not necessary. This is believer dodge #2 on the all-time hit list.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

#2989305 - 08/11/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You are the one who wants the 'truth'. These people already have seen enough themselves. It seems like you feel it's everyone's duty to prove commonly disregarded phenomenon they experience to you.

Or better yet, you secretly want in on the fluff but your logical side is preventing you from the teaparty. The video would sure unload some weight.

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#2989326 - 08/11/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

it would be nice if you could coax these bobbers to come down and land, have a chat or insert some devices into your anus.
how to attract their attention? hmm...you could drop your pants and assume the position?

actually your description sounds just like a bad case of vitreous floaters. if the problem continues or worsens, you may need medical treatment or even surgery. good luck.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #2989353 - 08/11/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I too have seen some "bobbers", or at least some very fast light

One time my brother, some of his friends and I were laying back on his friend's roof (he lives on a farm far away from any town, so there's very little light pollution) and were looking up at the stars. There was this one very odd "star" that would fly around, it would move up an inch (in our vision, so if it was far away, that would be a good distance) in half a second, then stop, then move in other directions, but always staying in the same general area.

It was fascinating, and I wasn't the only one who saw it either, everyone noticed it after a while, and we were talking about it but couldn't figure out what the hell it was. Either it was far away and moving very fast, or it was close and flying around, but either way I wish there was some way to explain it. It was definitely not a plane, a plane could not move this fast or stop and then move in a completely different direction

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Ravus]
    #2989366 - 08/11/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I like how people assume their individualized perception and reality applies for all people, and differences must mean delusions. No one (two) in particular :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #2989457 - 08/11/04 01:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

besides, swamster, even if their was a video, i think it would take nothing less than a hand held camera view of the ships interior and an interview with the pilot to meet your standards of proof. Personally ive seen literally dozens of videos showing UFO's (UNIDENTIFIED flying objects) i cant say they were aliens or what, but they certainly flying, and unidentified, and on tape.

I cant point you to em, but all the ones ive seen were on the net, so just try 'UFO video footage' on google

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Ravus]
    #2989487 - 08/11/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Here are some facts that may be helpful to those of you who see objects in the sky:

Nobody can visually determine the size, distance, speed, or altitude of an object without at least one of the following aids:

The object comes within 20 feet of the witness, where binocular vision still works.
The witness moves several feet and establishes parallax while the object stands still.
The witness knows the identity of the object.
The object casts a shadow at a known distance (and the position of the sun is noted).
The object gives off light that casts shadows.
The witness knows one of the other values (listed above) accurately by other means.
The object passes in front of and behind other known objects.

UFOlogists raise the objection, "Air Force people can visually estimate the altitude, speed, and distance of an airplane." The difference is that they know that it is an airplane. Likewise, you can easily estimate the distance of a streetlight, because you know it is a streetlight, and because you can see where the post sticks into the ground. Since you do not know what the UFO is, you can't know its size. Without knowledge of the size, you can't estimate the distance, altitude, or speed. Thus, you must mistrust all of the following values given by witnesses (unless one of the above cases is true):

Size, including length, diameter, height, and area.
Distance from the observer.
Description of what the object flew or hovered over, except to find direction seen in.
Altitude.
Speed.
Radial motion (toward or away from observer).

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Jellric]
    #2989522 - 08/11/04 02:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

There are no absolutes at ALL. You can never know objective size or objective speed of anything. Especially something moving in our already orbitting earth. That's if you want to get all scientific and stuff.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#2989527 - 08/11/04 02:05 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

exactly. Everything is relative, so if you are going to discredit all perception that occurs relative to you, than you must by the same logic discredit everything percieved with any of the 5 senses.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Seen some more bobbers... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #2989532 - 08/11/04 02:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The "unidentified" part speaks only on the knowledge base of the observer; nothing more.

--------------------

Onlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #2989565 - 08/11/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

But it's still an unidentified flying object to the observer nonetheless. Otherwise, why even make up a term like UFO when clealry identifiability is subjective to the perciever's past experiences?

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#2989569 - 08/11/04 02:18 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

"The "unidentified" part speaks only on the knowledge base of the observer; nothing more. "

what exactly does this mean? perhaps a quick rephrasal would clarify. And what is its relevance?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom