Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKilgrin
AspiringMycologist
what to do with jars of grain?
    #2988887 - 08/11/04 12:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i got 12 jars of whole white millet innoculated. They are growing fine so far. They should be ready in about a week or less. What i was planning to do is take 75% straw and 25% manure and pastuerize it. Then i was going to put a layer of that down, a layer of the millet, another layer of straw/manure, more millet, then 1 last layer of straw/manure. What i thought is i could just fruit it like this, but from what i have been reading it sounds like i have to take that once its all done and then case it in coir/verm? If the mushrooms wont grow right from the straw/manure i am going to just case it straight away. If they will grow right from the straw/manure i will just go ahead as planned... if that doesnt really work, it may explain why my mushrooms outdoors havent grown too well....

--------------------
- Got any magic mushrooms?
- No, but i got some drawf mush that will really blow your head off. Look at this, last time i took it, i was seeing fairies for 3 days!
- Nicey nice! Roll us a giant!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMagashM
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: what to do with jars of grain? [Re: Kilgrin]
    #2988941 - 08/11/04 12:54 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They should grow right from the straw manure mix. They would never grow in nature if they didn't.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
Re: what to do with jars of grain? [Re: Kilgrin]
    #2993081 - 08/11/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

They will grow from the straw/manure mixture, but you'll be shorting yourself on the number of flushes it will provide. Straw tends to dry out a lot, so it really benefits from a casing layer.

I simply use straight vermiculite (pasteurized) to do this, but others swear by coir/verm. I've gotten upwards of 4 flushes from casings that would only have given a single flush were they not cased.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation