Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country.
    #2988762 - 08/11/04 12:06 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, well I am writing to get some ideas and here feed back from a large community. Possibly were a similar ideas has been tried before, previously by another member of the community. Simply, Me and A buddy want out of this Area, and possibly state.

Were not to sure where we want to go, we figure we'd rent a house and begin to earn money, put ourselves through some school and decide more as we go on, grow and learn. There is three of us ragning in age of 18, 18, 20. We are not to sure where we are going but want to leave in the next year or two.

But how, we want to travel and see things first. How do we do this, vacation, back pack? or no, wouldn't festivals and shows be the way to go. At least this way, you meet people, some local, others who travel. You can sell things, and this way make some money, and normally spend some time in a city/area. This is the idea I am thinking about, because than we can check out towns, pick up papers and classifieds and keywords which would help aide an Internet search? and then go.

We will probably grow, but probably for ourselves, as to save money on expendures such as drug buying. and this way save money.

I would like other ideas though. I am having trouble looking for good online classified ads for houses. We are trying to figure out how much money may be needed. SO I ask, has anyone done something similar with their lives, and can offer some suggestions.

We all want out of the same small town, just now that we agreed on a common goal we are having difficulties deciding how we do it.

Propose ideas, advice, share your stories what ever. Just help me along in this thought process, thank you.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country. [Re: C20H25N3O]
    #2988777 - 08/11/04 12:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just up and left my city just a few days ago. Went from AZ to Illinios. Didn't tell anyone, just packed my car and left.
Rent.com is a good place to find aparts. or houses for rent.
Change can definitely be a great thing!
Good luck with your journey.

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Anonymous

#2988786 - 08/11/04 12:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I did not read your post because it was kinda long and I didn?t have the attention span red heads have but I would say the answer to your topic would be, get in a car and drive. Drive far. When you think you may be there, your not. Drive some more. Soon you will hit water and then you will be there. Only you would actually be in the water so you passed it. Turn around and drive the other way.

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country. [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #2990960 - 08/11/04 01:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

well, rent.com has a shit load of apartments -- which I am trying to avoid. and No real houses for rent, short of townhomes. Were country people, we want a country. We aren't looking for big cities, I guess.

I suppose I am looking for advice short of get up and go. Because right now that looks like the only viable option. But We have till at least Jan. because I am already enrolled in one semester of school.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#2991006 - 08/11/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, for me taking 600 bucks and going cross country is second nature. All I need is socks and a book and I am ok. But now you maybe different then I. Also the way to get work is by checking out resorts. Prime area to hang out usualy. Resorts are always in need of help and always have a variety of jobs. Not great pay but hell I work to play so whats the big deal.

Dont be afraid to be a bum. But dont look like a bum be a preppy college traveling kinda bum. Then when you are sitting in the park in some town you will be more aproachable by the locals. Dont beafraid to tell that cute girl at the store that you just got into town from the oposite coast. Tell em you are looking for a good time and if they no a place to chill and have fun. Most likley they will wanna take you home and have crazy sex with you cuz your a lone traveler.
Hell it works for me.

--------------------

OfflinePumpkin_Blythe
Pumpkinee

#2991008 - 08/11/04 02:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

did not read your post because it was kinda long and I didn?t have the attention span red heads have but I would say the answer to your topic would be, get in a car and drive. Drive far. When you think you may be there, your not. Drive some more. Soon you will hit water and then you will be there. Only you would actually be in the water so you passed it. Turn around and drive the other way.

That hellobutt chick is funny :0)

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2991044 - 08/11/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

>>Dont be afraid to be a bum. But dont look like a bum be a preppy college traveling kinda bum.
--

I should lose the dreadlocks than?

User Gallery

#2991073 - 08/11/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No dreads are key. Lets em know you are for real. Just dont go gutter punk style.

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2991213 - 08/11/04 03:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

ok, so you're not just wandering around the country, you actually want to set up shop somewhere and live. 

first of all, you want to check out which state most appeals to you.  if you are looking for some innexpenisve, a state such as california will NOT be a place to go.  if you are wondering the land on the other hand, then california kicks ass. 

if you are thinking about education (as in college perhaps?) then you should decide what you want to major in and find colleges best suited for you.  this is your life you are talking about, and when you take such a huge step as this, it's best to OVER plan.

Realize how long it's gonna take you to get to your desitination once you have it picked out. If you are in the United States, there are some really shadey cats who are willing to take advantage (especially in big city areas).  Have a money making scheme!!

have a dependable ride, when you are crossing state lines, you are going to have to have a ride that will pass certain inspections on the way in and the way out.

here's one thing that people never really take into account when travelling, and this is what I learned when I travelled the US for 6 months,  the time of year matters!!  depending on your mission, designate a specific time of year. as in, I'd start off going right when the winter season is over and spring hits.

here's what me and a friend did.

He was really good at photography (like I said a money gimmick, and hove more than one) and I was really good at talking astrology, selling pot and shrooms, and I burned DVD's and cd's and sold them. I had a laptop, and he had all of his cool art gear.  We also started out with almost two thousand dollars a piece in our pockets and had a really dependable ride (it was saturn I think kekeke). not to mention tons of weed and seeds.  we would go to touristy areas and take people's pictures, draw them, while I beckoned people over, sold DVD and did quick astrology readings for poeple.  not to mention sold pot to some people here and there :wink: and met up with different dealers.

this is of course if you don't want to work in the system, if you work in the system, well then you are going to have your work cut out for you jsut the same.  if you have great skills, then go for the classifieds and lose the dreds.  take some good looking clothes and rent out a cheap apt.  either that or get some pizza jobs all three of you, and work your ass off.  make sure these people, and yourself are DEPENDABLE!!!!!

research research research!!!!!!!!

good luck with your mission!  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

User Gallery

Re: QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country. [Re: kaiowas]
    #2991430 - 08/11/04 04:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Definetly need to work out a plan of what can I give people so they give me money. Personaly my fortay is sex. ah just kiddin. Hell I made dog leashes and belts. Go to a city park and hustle. Sure I hade a lil something for every ocasion cuz you never know who you are going to meet or what they are interested in. Try to be good at what you do and try to be the jack of all trades. One kid I had the fortune of meeting. Made roses from palm fronds. He was this cool french canadian kid that hardley spoke a word of english. Which helped. He would make roses and in his french accsent give them to the ladies walking down the street. Each rose a dollar or two just for giving a cute girl a flower.

Good points again and as always Kaiowas.

--------------------

OfflineC20H25N3O
Calico Kahlia
 User Gallery

Re: QUESTION: How would one go about moving across country. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2992725 - 08/11/04 08:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

see, thats the thing. I have no plan on where I want to end up. I have no plan for my future, I just want to leave, and explore why I am young. One because who knows if I'll make it to retirement, and if I did, like my grandfather, he just spent his retirement in his family room in a hospital bed watching tv. No traveling, no vactions nothing.

SO I don't know my destination. We wish to rent a house when we arrive. But want to travel first and learn the area we want to go to.

I was thinking festivals and shows to travel. Becuase I make small glass objects like pendants and beads and shit (i know many pipe makers) My friends I plan on doing this with one she really is into pottery. ALso, I figure pouches and pillows and other shit people can sell. This way I am not only traveling but I can be meeting people do.

I do have money making plans with a house, but this will not be talked about here.

I don't know, I'm enjoying these converstations and ideas, keep them coming. (oh and I do plan on keeping the dreads, they're only 8 months old.)

User Gallery

#2993806 - 08/12/04 01:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well may I then suggest doing the tour circut. Its not cake to get by beacuse every one and there mama is doing it. But hell man bring lots of beads/pendants string em up bada bing bada boom ya got some cash. I dont think you will make any kind of killing on it but Hey what do I know. If you have nice stuff people in towns would sure buy em up if the cops arnt dicks. You got to find chill comunities that arnt super backward hick towns. And you will be strait.

Its all about meeting people.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub