Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Why didn't me poppy seeds grow?
    #2987752 - 08/10/04 06:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I asked here and you guys said just water em into the ground so I did loads and none have grown?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: Ego Death]
    #2987810 - 08/10/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

when did you plant em?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #2988012 - 08/10/04 07:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Did you use poppy seeds for baking? :laugh:

--------------------

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
    #2988394 - 08/10/04 08:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

In my limited experience, poppies are very slow growers and may take 7-10 days just to sprout, so maybe you still need to give it time. You can speed this up by putting them in the fridge (EDIT: as in, put your seeds in the fridge before germinating them). They like the cold. Too much heat and all your seedlings will die rapidly.

Edited by pazuzu (08/10/04 08:58 PM)

Offlinehubertd8
Pooh-Bah

Loc: springfield
    #2988843 - 08/10/04 10:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

in my experience poppy seeds germinate in ~11days sometimes maybe longer, they have a pretty poor germination rate, My last garden was (as usual) planted late (very late, beg of june I believe) any way now they are finishing up (pods are formed and all), anyway i hope u read some info on growing these plants, like keeping the seeds moist but not wet(rotting) , another thing to keep in mind is the quality of seeds; were they dark or white in color? White seeds are usually taken out of the pods before they dry naturally and seem to have a poorer germination rate then the darker ones..... anyway you need to provide more info if you wish to get a better answer to your problem

--------------------
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

Bertrand Russell

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: hubertd8]
    #2990272 - 08/11/04 08:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

They are dark.

They were purchased on-line as gigantheum.

I planted in May and they simply havn't grown.

I watered them into the ground but that was all, did several different locations and start times.

--------------------

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2990300 - 08/11/04 08:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have gotten poppy seeds online many times and one time a batch I got wouldn't sprout if I had taken the lords hand, broken it free from his body, and used it to dig the trenches. I tried them inddors, outdoors, and then saved some, and when I moved, planted them again is super fertile soil to no avail. You may have had a similar problem- they were stored too long before shipping or were subject to adverse conditions. Others I have planted are easy as pie to grow and I have high rates of success. Good luck and sorry to hear about your troubles.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2992960 - 08/11/04 07:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>>one time a batch I got wouldn't sprout if I had taken the lords hand, broken it free from his body, and used it to dig the trenches.

lmfao.... omg ... lmfao.....

Offlinejackgreen
JG
Male
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2993707 - 08/11/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have tried to grow 4 diff batches of 3 different varieties of poppies. Hens n chicks the persian whites, adn the store bought, never got anything to sprout. I have tried the fridge trick as well. How many seeds do you all plant? Do you throw ontop of soil, or bury? Do you think paper towel germination would work? i hear they have fragile roots, maybe bury the paper towel once them germinate?

Offlinepazuzu
Shroom-o-Vision
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: jackgreen]
    #2996180 - 08/12/04 03:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Germinated poppies have a very delicate root, so the paper towel method is a poor one since, chances are, when you remove them from the towel, bits of paper will cling to the root and damage them. Instead, put a bunch of seeds (like, ten times the number you want to grow) in a shotglass with water. Attach a hose from an air pump (PMP users should have these handy) and arrange it near the bottum so all the seeds swirl around in the aerated water. The seeds should begin to germinate in two days, and maybe wait a couple more before transferring to your growing medium. Grow a bunch per pot, since many will die.

I don't know about you guys, but opium is very hard to grow where I live. Actually it may just have been circumstances: the first batch was destroyed by landscapers and their blowers, and I've only tried again recently this summer. I don't think it's possible to grow them in 100 degree weather, but I tried anyway.

OfflineEinstein
Stranger
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: pazuzu]
    #2996581 - 08/12/04 04:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

sounds like pazuzu has too much time on his hands

Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: Why didn't me poppy seeds grow? [Re: Einstein]
    #2998874 - 08/13/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't had any problems germinating seeds indoors at room temperature. But may I ask, are you burying your seeds? You will get nothing to grow if this is the case, the best way to plant them is to sprinkle them on top of dirt and then water. I 've just used plain old potting soil to great effect. I don't even believe in all the cold weather hype for germination, they will sprout just fine at room temperature, the only thing is they are very delicate and will dry out quickly and die if they are in direct sunlight or at high temperatures, they need a cool moist enivronment until they get better established.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals