Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Riddle me this!
    #2987527 - 08/10/04 07:43 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

here are some riddles. Answers below. I got these from a box of cards that have pictures and riddles on them, i am only using the ones where you don't need the picture to answer.

1-At the Family Reunion- "The father of this person," said Ralph as he pointed to a photo in his hand, "is my father's son, yet i have neither brothers nor sons." What relation is the person in the picture?

2- Celestial Delete- Wilbur likes to play words games instead of doing his homework. He typed the word PLANETS on his computer and wants to delete one letter at a time leaving a whole word every time he deletes one letter. There are seven words in all. In what order do the letters go?

3- Tricky Twins- Nina hadn't seen her twin cousins Tyler and Taylor since childhood. When she ran into them, all grown up, at Aunt Flora's b-day party, she recalled that, as kids, Taylor never told the truth, but Tyler was incapable of lying. "Tyler! Taylor!" Nina exclaimed. "Um, which of you is which?" One of the cousins said, "The other one says he's Taylor." Which twin spoke?

4- Deep River Crossing- After trekking across Brooks Range, Rick, Dave, and Steve have come to a deep river with no apparent way to cross. Undaunted, the voyagers have hailed a small kayak operated by two young boys, who have agreed to help. The boat is so tiny, though, that it can hold only two boys or one man. Is there a way the three hikers can reach the other side?

5- The Puzzled Bookkeeper- Julie was hard at work recording the accounts at Pam's Party Goods when she noted "Hmm, the word 'balloon' has two sets of double letters in a row. I wonder if there is a word in the English language that has three sets of double letters, each right after the other?" Can you help Julie identify such a word.

ANSWERS:

1-The person in the photo is Ralph's daughter.

2- 1- E- Plants, L- Pants, N- Pats, S- Pat, P- AT, T- A
2- S- Planet, T- Plane, E- Plan, L- Pan, P- AN, N- A

3- Taylor spoke.

4- Yes, both of the boys go to the far side, on hops out and the other boy returns to the men. Steve then crosses alone, and the boy crosses back to the near side, picking up the other boy who deposits the first boy on the far bank and then returns again with the kayak to the near side. Dave then crosses, the boy on the far back crosses back, picks up the other boy, and the two of them cross again dropping the first boy off on the far bank with the second bring the boat back to the near shore. Finally Rick crosses.

5- The word is "bookkeeper." It was in the title of the riddle.

There are more that i may post later.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: Riddle me this! [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2987574 - 08/10/04 07:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, here's a good one...

3 men goto a hotel room, and split it 3 ways... each man pays 10 dollars!
the men continue on to their hotel room, and have a gay old time...
the manager calls the bellhop and says, Hey, since they came in, and were very courtious, I`ll give them a 5$ discount!, the manager tells the bellhop to go give 5$ back to the 3 men. The bellhop has no idea how he is going to split 5$ between 3 men, so the bellhop puts 2$ into his pocket, and gives each man a dollar back...

So, if each man gets 1$ back, they each paid 9$ for the room...

9 times 3 = 27... +2$ the bellhop has in his pocket = 29$

where is the other mysterious dollar?

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Riddle me this! [Re: YouEnjoyMyself]
    #2987582 - 08/10/04 07:54 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

EDIT: Whoops - we typed it at the same time :smile:

good shit! here's one that always pissed me off:

Three friends get to a hotel in a country town one night while on the road. They decide to stay for the night, and go in to the lobby. The sign informs them that a room costs 30$ a night, so they ring the bell and each pull out 10$. The manager of the hotel, though, tells the friends that he will give them a special student discount, and that the room will only cost 25$. He gives them back 5 1$ bills, and they have to figure out how to split it up. Finally, they decide that they will each take one $ each, and give the extra two to the manager, as a tip. So they each spent 10 dollars , and then received 1 dollar back each, meaning they spent 9 dollars each. 3 friends * 9 $ each = 27$. Plus the 2$ they gave to the manager = 29$. Oh shit! What happened to the last dollar?!?!

--------------------

Edited by Krishna (08/10/04 07:56 PM)

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Riddle me this! [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2987587 - 08/10/04 07:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

hahaha i just typed that as well :grin:

--------------------

OfflineYouEnjoyMyself
PHiSH

Re: Riddle me this! [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2987593 - 08/10/04 07:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

haha both of you posted that...i rmemember posting that a while back in the pub and otd.

--------------------
-Wash uffitze drive me to firenze

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub