Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Political Hatred?
    #2986513 - 08/10/04 02:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I guess I don't understand how people can be so mean-spirited in politics. I honestly feel bad when I see people make fun of George Bush, or Kerry, or anyone in the public eye. I really don't like our government. But I can't bring myself to hate Bush like everyone else seems to. I even have compassion for the guy, despite everything. No matter what I think of his politics.

Does it ever seem to you that the political hatred goes a little too far? Am I the only one who feels this way?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: MOTH]
    #2986548 - 08/10/04 03:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i get a little fired up about politics because political opinions are more than just opinions. given the nature of political discussions, we are talking about opinions that have the potential to be forced on other people.

i don't really care what your favorite food is, or whether you don't like soccer (football, for you brits), or whether or not you and i agree about how great the beatles were. that's really your own business. your opinions do not affect me. in politics it's different because we're talking about what the state should do. we're talking about what should be enforced.

InvisibleDieCommie

#2986600 - 08/10/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I dont hate Bush or Kerry either.  Its refreshing to see your kind of post.  Your not the only one that feels that way  :wexican:

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2986729 - 08/10/04 03:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Believe it or not, I don't "hate" Bush or anyone else. Bush is just me(and everyone else) in a different physical body.

Having said that, what Bush and every other President represents is corruption, greed and everything else that the real people who run the government are. He must be fought to the end. His name must be dragged through the mud. All Presidents must be torn down in order to help the people wake up and demand leaders who represent us and not corporate interests.

Viva la revolution

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: Learyfan]
    #2986744 - 08/10/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

surely not *every* president?

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: vampirism]
    #2986805 - 08/10/04 03:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, every President.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If the President is for the drug war, he's not for the people. Therefore, if he's not for the people, he must be destroyed at all costs. He must be humiliated. He must be exposed. He must be fought. He must be ridiculed. He must be impeached, etc..

--------------------

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2987101 - 08/10/04 04:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Yes, every President.

Here's a good rule of thumb. If the President is for the drug war, he's not for the people. Therefore, if he's not for the people, he must be destroyed at all costs. He must be humiliated. He must be exposed. He must be fought. He must be ridiculed. He must be impeached, etc..

The most recent presidents do or did drugs. I'm sure that Kerry has inhaled quite a few times in Vietnam.

I think the last presidant who was clean with the drugs was Bush senior. We will also see legalization of pot within our lives because we won't be able to elect a politician who hasn't tried it and knows it's not such a horrible thing.

If it remains illeagal, I'm leaving.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2987223 - 08/10/04 04:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

do you think the anti christ will know what they are?

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Edited by BleaK (08/10/04 04:50 PM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
    #2987541 - 08/10/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I feel guilty about having political opinions at all because it seems just like a blind polarized game that doesn't go anywhere. I think political hatred goes way to far, especially these days. When each side sees the other as evil nothing positive ever gets accomplished and positions are determined solely on the politics of dichotomy, and not principle. It turns into a power struggle with no real substance or contribution to society. On the contrary, it poisons people with anger, hatred and narrow-mindedness.

Invisiblevampirism
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#2987644 - 08/10/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

what about the early ones? Hell, even Lincoln was against prohibitions

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: vampirism]
    #2987689 - 08/10/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Every President who is for keeping at least marijuana illegal is a bad person in my eyes.

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#2988022 - 08/10/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow thats really closed minded.  Just because someone doesn't have the same views as you doesn't mean there a "bad person".  There are lots of good people who believe in prohibition...they are just misguided :wink:...also i think the population as a whole doesn't want it legal...when the population wants it legal it will be (and it is happening slowly but surely)

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: DieCommie]
    #2988113 - 08/10/04 07:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Wow thats really closed minded.  Just because someone doesn't have the same views as you doesn't mean there a "bad person".  There are lots of good people who believe in prohibition...they are just misguided :wink:...also i think the population as a whole doesn't want it legal...when the population wants it legal it will be (and it is happening slowly but surely)

It's not close-minded at all. I'm quite certain that almost every politician who is against marijuana knows that it's no big deal. They are not misguided at all.

And I don't think that they're bad people because of their views. They're sending non-violent smokers to jail or prison every year by the hundreds of thousands. That threatens me and offends me deeply.

The population doesn't want marijuana legal? Huh. The general population of America will want what our politicians tell them to want. Pro-marijuana prohibition = bad people IMO.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Political Hatred? [Re: DieCommie]
    #2988235 - 08/10/04 08:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Wow thats really closed minded. Just because someone doesn't have the same views as you doesn't mean there a "bad person".

when these views involve advocating forcefully incarcerating innocent people, it's a little more than just a difference of opinion.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order