Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephunkjunky311
Royalty Smoker
Loc: Illinois
Mushroom Growing Program
    #2985609 - 08/10/04 01:04 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok anybody ever heard of Highgrow?? Well those of you that have know what it is, but those of you who dont know what it is let me explain. High Grow is a program that simulates growing marijuana. It allows people who have no clue on how to grow and teaches them how to grow weed. Anyways what I want to get to is that maybe i think someone should make a mushroom growing program. It would allow people to try experiments on the computer so they wouldnt have to spend money in real life messing up. Any ways i just wanted to say this and maybe someone will gain intrest and want to create a program.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefauzet
Prince of Ohio
Loc: Ohio
Re: Mushroom Growing Program [Re: phunkjunky311]
    #2985657 - 08/10/04 01:26 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Shroom cultivation is so damn easy (as long as you read the FAQs) and it only takes a month and half or so to get results. So I don't think a simulation is very helpful when hands on is the best and only way to learn IMO. Though I guess it couldn't hurt anything and may even help a few souls. Just my thoughts

--------------------
Omfg, I'm tripping balls.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

Re: Mushroom Growing Program [Re: phunkjunky311]
    #2985932 - 08/10/04 02:45 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Weed cultivation vs mushroom cultivation is rather different. Plants lend themselves to simpler water vs light vs nutrients calculations, whereas mushrooms tend to be a bit more difficult to simulate based on the same things, since they also respond differently to temperatures and humidity among other things. Just alot more important variables than a plant needs.

Weed also tends to need a more involved setup and takes up a lot of space and time, so it helps to simulate first. Mushrooms are pretty easy to set up and take up much less space and time so why not just do it and do your 'simulations' in reality.

OfflineSuperFunGuy
1up farmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: Mushroom Growing Program [Re: Spudz76]
    #7161009 - 07/11/07 03:57 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry for bumping a dead thread! But, I was looking for exactly this today. I know it's rather pointless, but it would be interesting to play with, and an over all fun game if you could go through the entire process in like 30 minutes to an hour. But, if it was possible (maybe it is?) to make it an actual "scientific instrument". That would be amazing. Hmm but if anyone knows of a program like this, or even just a game that would be great. I'm just very very excited, I get my first spores in the mail sometime soon (just ordered from Ralph) and can't wait for the experience of an actual grow! Idk, maybe I'm just weird? But, I am debating about whether I should do cakes or casing. I wanna make it simple, since it's my first time, but I also wanna do it right! Which should I do?

++FunGuy++
Cakes or casing for a beginner?
You may choose only one
Cakes
Casing

Votes accepted from (07/11/07 03:57 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
:1up: FunGuy :1up:   
:pm: Bored? Pissed? Have a question? Feel free to PM me =] :pm:
Fuck Bill O'Reilly
:pimpslap:Omfg! I'm invisible!!

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.”

- Joe Rogan

Offlineshagg
nottanub
Male

Loc: South
Re: Mushroom Growing Program [Re: SuperFunGuy]
    #7161348 - 07/11/07 04:44 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
I like good ratings too ..

Offlineeuphoricpoison
Expand your Mind
Male User Gallery

Loc: NewYork
Re: Mushroom Growing Program [Re: SuperFunGuy]
    #7161724 - 07/11/07 05:54 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I would say casing, its really not that hard at all. You will still grow the cakes, but then case them for a higher yield and larger fruits. I say jump to casing IMO.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation