Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
More experience cuts out bad trips?
    #2984598 - 08/10/04 04:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Something I have been noticing lately in my trips. When I first started tripping back when I was a novice about 3-4 years ago it was very very easy for me to go off into a thought loop or get trapped in negative thoughts, in other words the chances for a bad trip were much much higher.

Now, years and countless trips later... it seems as if this has changed. My perspective has been changed and, it seems like this is the most efficient perspective to be in when it comes to psychedelics, and getting the most ouf of them.

I had one horribly horribly bad trip on june 13th 2003 which I will never forget, but it seems like after that I have settled into my new "mind" and there is no way to have a bad trip... they are all just trips. Good or bad, it's all the same. It's just information. Am I making sense here?

Tell me if I'm crazy

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2984672 - 08/10/04 04:22 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Heheheheh did you dare say there is no way to have a bad trip?

Shall I voodoo you? Shall I go on?

:wink: Anyway I know what you're saying, but I would still say there is never a gaurantee that every trip is going to be perfect.

One's mind can take quite some time to tune in to the mushroom's vibe.

My first couple of REAL trips were pretty creepy man I felt so threatened by everything around me. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I started taking drugs before I really knew who I was and what I was doing (do I know now? no but I've got a bit of direction, motivation and confidence now :wink:), so I was able to completely lose it, and always had trouble re-finding myself.

Perhaps I've left breadcrumb trails in my mindscape by this time.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2984986 - 08/10/04 08:59 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's definitely true what you're saying, that your mind is sort of getting used to the experience or rather more comfortable with it...but I think, as with all things, that statistics are a comfort we hold on to and anything can go anyway anytime. I was reading an interview with the Dead and one of them said "chance favors a prepared mind." That says it right there. Anything can happen, but chance favors a prepared mind.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlinepsikooz
Stranger
Loc: Los Angeles
    #2989625 - 08/11/04 04:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

the free thinker said:
Something I have been noticing lately in my trips. When I first started tripping back when I was a novice about 3-4 years ago it was very very easy for me to go off into a thought loop or get trapped in negative thoughts, in other words the chances for a bad trip were much much higher.

Now, years and countless trips later... it seems as if this has changed. My perspective has been changed and, it seems like this is the most efficient perspective to be in when it comes to psychedelics, and getting the most ouf of them.

I had one horribly horribly bad trip on june 13th 2003 which I will never forget, but it seems like after that I have settled into my new "mind" and there is no way to have a bad trip... they are all just trips. Good or bad, it's all the same. It's just information. Am I making sense here?

Tell me if I'm crazy

You make perfect since. Really. Experience, its all a process. The first couple incidents are when you are training your brain to operate itself. After that you understand what you need to do.

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: psikooz]
    #2991024 - 08/11/04 02:10 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Well.... I think I understood "what I needed to do" after my first time ever tripping, but yes you guys are right. Like Strumpling said it just took a while to become "tuned in on the vibe of the shrooms"

The only psychedelics I feel that I have really "tuned in to" and know them like the back of my hand are mushrooms, HBWR and DPT. Hopefully one day I can say the same thing about LSD... but I can only hope.

--------------------

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #2991299 - 08/11/04 03:33 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Chance favors the prepared mind -- that's not the dead, they may have said it but they ripped it off of Pasteur. Shame on those elevator music bastards. jking lol

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinecosmicray
Emaho!

#2991346 - 08/11/04 03:48 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

One of the worst trips I ever had (there were two), no lie, was just after telling my buddy "I don't think I could have a bad trip." I'd tripped several hundred times by then, but I'd let my ego get the best of me, considered myself above such pedestrian matters as a bad trip. he he he. Sure whooped my ass. But in a way, it was just what I needed at that time with the people I was with. I suppose with more experience and preparation you are less prone to a bad trip, unless you really need it!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: cosmicray]
    #2994343 - 08/12/04 03:29 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

yeah if you start thinking you're in complete control over the mushroom, it will remind you that "SHROOM IS IN CHARGE, PUNKASS!! take THIS! and take THAT! muahahhaaaa you like THAT?!"

no stop aaahhh no no that sucks argh what's going on where am i holy shit is my friend dead oh no is that guy trying to kill me oh fuck am I totally fucked for life here?!

Mushroom, an hour later: "HAHAHAAA!! Gotchya! And you thought you had me pimped. Hey I'll be cool as long as you realize that I can be NOT cool, too."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2994861 - 08/12/04 10:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I like that... work with the shroom. Hey, that's cool!
Sorry, I've been a bit distracted lately. What was the question again?
Oh yeah... I reckon the more you do, the more you are comfortable with it, whether it's good or bad. I had a quite stormy one the other week, but it was still good. You got to go with it.

--------------------
LURK

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: Loosifa]
    #2998161 - 08/13/04 01:00 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Everytime I have taken shrooms expecting a good trip, I had a good trip. Everytime I have taken shrooms worried about a bad trip, at least for a bit I bad tripped.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2999110 - 08/13/04 05:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

the past couple years, I've only had small portions of trips turn "bad."

Seems like just a reminder, heh

--------------------

Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
    #3011794 - 08/17/04 03:16 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you are making complete sense.
good/bad, its all an experience.

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

Offlinecappincrunk
Male
Loc: A Geographical oddity
Re: More experience cuts out bad trips? [Re: 40oz]
    #5201568 - 01/20/06 05:35 AM (10 years, 10 months ago)

i feel as tho you can be set off in to a bad trip by two ways... internally meaning evil, bad thoughts that wont diminish. this is the one that experience helps to control. but the other is external factors that can send you to hell quickly, like your parents finding out or you hurting yourself accidentally whilke tripping

--------------------
To derive one's happiness from only specific moments in time is to miss out on the cosmic accident that is all of life's moments

Offlinescumpi
rainbow
 User Gallery
I am not sure [Re: the free thinker]
    #5202657 - 01/20/06 02:44 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

I`ve had quite some trips.
Especially the first one was awesome in many ways.
The ones that followed were good as well. Until I decided to trip while feeling bad because of certain incidents.
Following was what I would call a bad trip though it was good and useful and awesome as well.
But it made me fear.
It wasn`t the mushrooms or the places fault. It was my mind.
The experience did not help much.

Offlineshneck
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I am not sure [Re: scumpi]
    #5203272 - 01/20/06 05:19 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

The more I trip the more damage I do to my ego, I guess. Mushrooms just happily assist in gradual dismantling it, piece by piece. "Higher Mind Liberated" + shrooms is a tough gang to beat, and ego has to adapt, it's got no other choice actually and it does it grudgingly. Ego is a former President bethroned, it still keeps the representative functions (in routine daily life) but real decisions are taken by the Prime Minister Mind and the Psychedelic Parliament members. It still clearly remembers the times of its absolute rule and that makes its existence even more bitter so.

Yet at times, when it's abused too hard, with its back to the wall it bares its teeth and starts a big family scandal - that's when I get my bad trips I guess. Afterwards, my ego coils back, accepts new limitations and learns how to live under new laws and bills introduced .
So, the eventual "good" trips are kind of "power to the people" orgies with the ego watching it lonely from out of the corner afraid of another hard slap to the face and making a good act out of a bad play. Good trips are a truce between trancedental nature of mind and smaller "me", so to say.
This association could explain changes in daily life that many trippers I know undergo: a shattered ego becomes more humble and uncertain of itself 'cause it knows deep inside it's not that powerful and almighty that it used to be, and it has to play by the new rules even when it's seemingly in control.

So, the more it's schooled the more flexible and reasonable it becomes, and the less it chooses to interfere when higher forces are at play - that's why less "scandals", I guess.

And I'm not nuts at all as you might think after reading these lines - I think it's as good a theory as any other might be. :discodance:

Peace.

OfflineOpioid
Male

Loc: Canada
    #5204225 - 01/20/06 10:19 PM (10 years, 10 months ago)

yea i know exactly what you mean , good trips bad trips , it dont matter to me. i usally have a good and a bad trip each time i eat shrooms.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hawaiian Baby Woodrose

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience