Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

Shrooms & Mental Problems
    #2981827 - 08/09/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there everyone I have read that psilicobyn mushrooms should not be touched by those who suffer from sever mental disosrders (my friends is not that sever anyways) but I was wondering... my best buddy who I smoke ganjaa with al the time he used to suffer from depression and take anti-depresseants for a couple years I think... he sais he doesnt any more and that he can handle mushrooms but i dont want to share them with him yet in fear he might be bull shitting and im afraid he might kill himself if he takes shrooms or something.... he only wants to do a small amount and weighs approx 200 lbs. am i beein a paranoid arsehole by not sharing with my buddy?

Edited by Nuggetpouch (08/10/04 06:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Shrooms & Mental Problems [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #2981941 - 08/09/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well man, I have struggled with numerous "mental disorders," have previously been on loads of medication, and yet I have a successful relationship with psychedelics, specifically shrooms. 

Is he still taking anti-depressents?  Does he have a good character?  You know him better then we do.  A small dose (1.5-2) of mushrooms in a great setting when he's in a positive mindset could be a fun experience for him.  Tell us a bit more about him, and the type of person that he is.  :sun:

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
    #2982065 - 08/09/04 02:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey Nuggetpouch,

I was diagnosed at the age of 17 as having Bi-Polar disorder (previously known as Manic Depression). My mother also has it. My uncle suffers from scitzoprenia. My father has an addictive personality. My grandfather suffers from Alzheimer's.

As you can see, my family handed me down a whole bundle of predispositions to all sorts of mental conditions. I was on Paxil for about a year and heard all the same warnings about the effect "drugs" could have on my fragile mental state.

Well, I stopped the Paxil because I hated the side effects and about three months after that I smoked Marijuana (the first "drug" I had ever used). I became so frightningly introspective. All the negative thoughts I had ever had about myself became glaringly apparent and amplified. I seemed like a huge failure.

After that night, I swore off all illicit substances. My mind seemed to fragile. Well, about two months after that, I was offered a 16th of Mushrooms. I was hesitant, but I did it. I loved it! It was everything that Marijuana wasn't. Euphoria, a destruction of the ego, a view of how I can change my life for the better.

Since my experience with mushrooms, I generally feel better about my life. I feel that I know what is important and how I can achieve my goals. They are called Medicinal Mushrooms by some people for a reason! I no longer show any signs of depression or anxiety. Also, my mind seems to be better fortified to handle other drugs. Now I can do pot, LSA, and LSD without worry.

I have also introduced other friends with Schitoprenia to Mushrooms and they seem to have benefited from the experience as well.

That being said, I think you are being a little bit paranoid about giving your friend a small amount of shrooms. There is NO possibility that eating shrooms will have any permanent change to the physical structure of his brain. There is always the chance that he will have a bad trip, but it will only be temporary and there are a few things that you can do to lower the chances of that:

1) Give him a small amount! You can always increase the dosage in the future, but if you shoot too high the first time, there is no telling how he will handle it. Better safe than sorry.

2) Make sure you only dose him on a day when he is in a particularly happy, energetic mood. Shrooms tend to amplify whatever you are feeling. Create a good setting and the trip will reflect that.

3) Make sure you can control him physically if he reacts advesly. You said he weighs 250. Unless you weigh that much, maybe you should have another friend there who has tripped before so the two of you can maintain control.

I say you follow these guidlines and go for it. You may be introducing him to something that will have a VERY positive influence on his life. And there is only a small chance things can go wrong. Even if they do, they will last but a few hours.

Good luck and please respond back and let us know how it went! Feel free to send me a personal message if you need a buddy to trip with and we live close enough.

OfflineNuggetpouch
Male

#2982772 - 08/09/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wow you guys have convinced me to let my buddy get a taste of the caps when its harvesqt time, i am very skiny (also some what of a newb tripper) so I think you are right about us needing a sitter because I certainly will not be able to much good. Anyways he is a generelly happy acting person, stays inside and plays online computer games ALOT! thats why he has somewhat developed a bit antisocial perosnantilty how ever he is an extremely cool guy. he ... anyways i guess me and him are going to go the store buy some chocolate broil it up and make us about 3 medium sized caps for first flush (powdered up) thrown in there refrigerate it then down it like that.... what da ya think?

Edited by Nuggetpouch (08/10/04 06:16 PM)

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
    #2982869 - 08/09/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds good to me Nugget. Glad you are going through with it (I think your friend will be too!) I guess you don't have a scale, but if you did I would recommend you start him off on 2 grams because of his size; about half an eigth.

The chocolate sounds like a good idea if you're trying to cover up the taste. Although personally I love the taste of shrooms!

I hope this experience loosens up your friend and gives him a boost in confidence. Make sure you tell us about the trip afterwards! Good Luck.

OfflineHealingVisionary
Brujo InTraining
Loc: Maryland
    #2983531 - 08/09/04 09:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Best of luck man. Do tell if you guys go through with it.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #2984840 - 08/10/04 04:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you look at this rationally - and examine the mechanics od anti-depressants and psychedelics - typically trytamines and LSD as examples, there is current research that suggests that these agents increase serotonin uptake in the same way. There was an article recently about this in New Scientist.
To say that those that suffer from anxiety will not be adversely affected by mushrooms is stupid and dangerous. I am recovering from an overactive thyroid where my metabolism and nervous system was very overactive - making me trembly and nervous, among a huge host of other things, and mushrooms would only excite my nervous system further, causing and increase in these symptoms.
Before i had this problem i had no trouble with mushrooms, but since it came on they are pretty much a no go for me unfortunately.
I also presume that the schizophrenic mind is probably more able to cope with a break from the ego rational mind - and current research suggests that schizophrenics may actually siffer from insufficient natural MAO Inhibators -

--------------------

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Shrooms & Mental Problems [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2984881 - 08/10/04 04:39 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

typically trytamines and LSD as examples, there is current research that suggests that these agents increase serotonin uptake in the same way. There was an article recently about this in New Scientist.

That's interesting. Can I find the article online(I did a search but failed)? or can you tell me which New Scientist? Thanks!

Offlineentiformatie
EvolutionaryMovements
Male
Loc: miami, florida
    #2986712 - 08/10/04 03:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Tell your buddy to check out the shroomery :-)

--------------------
/opinion
.sean

Offlineendokrin
Stranger

Loc: SouthEast
Re: Shrooms & Mental Problems [Re: entiformatie]
    #2991291 - 08/11/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was diagnosed as being bi-polar a few years ago. I had a brief stint with Lithium and Paxil. Hated the way that made me feel.

I decided to try and work through these difficulties without medication. I have done well to control the 'manic' portions, but sometimes get a little depressed.

My point is, to your friend, if he has depression problems, I would emphasize the "set & setting" mentality even more so than for a person without apparent mental/mood disorders.

Judging from MY trips and the trips of friends (who don't have depression)... I think it's easier for a person who suffers from depression to feel down in the few days after a trip. At least for me, some of the things the mushrooms have shown me can be difficult to deal with at times.

My 2 cents...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom