Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineyada_yada
Stranger
this place is dreary
    #2982911 - 08/09/04 05:57 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i just joined today and all i see in this shithole is nothing but "oh my life sucks" "oh i'm addicted" and more stories about bad trips than any hippy has ever seen....

wtf is with all of these bad trips, are there really that many weakminded people out there?

man, no wonder the goverment tells you to say no.

i've been partying for well over 7 years with more stuff than i wish i had ever touched, and form the hundreds of thousands of people i've seen at parties, events or whatever, i have only seen one person have a bad trip, and that's because he took too much 2cb

please for god's sake you people with bad trips or a bad self image just stay away from the shit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: this place is dreary [Re: yada_yada]
    #2982922 - 08/09/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Please, please, please do not join this site today and assume to have everyone figured out from one day's smattering of posts.
Take your time, get to know us, or leave. You are lucky to have not had a bad trip or known many people who have had one. Unfortunately life, for everyone, is not always peaches and roses.
You should peek around a little more.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Edited by OneMoreRobot3021 (08/09/04 06:02 PM)

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2982928 - 08/09/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

that's what i really wonder about. why are there so many bad trip posts..? it seems everyone is so worried about it, and that's the first mistake....worrying.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: this place is dreary [Re: felix]
    #2982933 - 08/09/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

felix said:
that's what i really wonder about.  why are there so many bad trip posts..?  it seems everyone is so worried about it, and that's the first mistake....worrying.

Yep.  Just go with the flow, is what I say!  :smile:

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2982934 - 08/09/04 06:01 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, worrying is the worst mistake.

--------------------
Light & Music

Male

#2982936 - 08/09/04 06:02 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Also, bad trips come from two places - inside and outside. So it's entirely possible to not worry and have a bad trip. THe one time I ever had a bad trip I was not worried at all, in fact I was having a wonderful time and at one random moment it took a 90 degree turn for the worse.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Re: this place is dreary [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2982957 - 08/09/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Did you worry once the bad vibes took hold?

--------------------
Light & Music

Male

Re: this place is dreary [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2982998 - 08/09/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No, there was no worrying, I was so gone and in another place that it was more a stage of confusion...you know, I was the guy laying on the couch with my legs up in the air against the cushions and my head slowly sliding off of it, talking to myself and repeating somebody's name a thousand times in a row.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2982999 - 08/09/04 06:18 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

felix said:
that's what i really wonder about. why are there so many bad trip posts..? it seems everyone is so worried about it, and that's the first mistake....worrying.

The bad trips stick out more.

Also some good trips can be misinterperetted as bad.

Male

Re: this place is dreary [Re: MAGnum]
    #2983008 - 08/09/04 06:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

You can also find a much easier time putting a bad trip into words. The greatest moments escape description, but the muddy moments are the ones you get mired in trying to describe and will have a clearer verbal memory of..

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

#2983070 - 08/09/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

So then it is just an experience, neither good or bad? You have to experience 'bad' trips in order to make the 'good' trips 'good' by comparison. If it was always good, it would be bung, infinity would be out of equilibruim.

--------------------
Light & Music

Male

Re: this place is dreary [Re: DestruKtiKon]
    #2983079 - 08/09/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I definitely agree with that - sometimes I avoid that argument because it's almost a dead-ender. :smile: What more needs to be said?

--------------------

-Erik Davis

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

#2983092 - 08/09/04 06:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

yeah, not much :3rd_eye:

--------------------
Light & Music

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2983278 - 08/09/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

What you are seeing is all the newbies who have bad trips, get online, do a search, find this place, post about how bad it was, want to know what happened, ect.. ect..

Check the post count there is plenty of experienced trippers here who know how to handle plenty of different chemicals.

Male

Re: this place is dreary [Re: Adom]
    #2983283 - 08/09/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

^^^^
Said I wanted to with less frustration and more clarity.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2983293 - 08/09/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I see that research paper is writing itself  :whistling:

:wink:

Male

#2983294 - 08/09/04 07:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:blush:  Well...Timothy Leary's involved, so I'm allowed to put it off to the last minute.

(make that justify itself for ya.)

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2983297 - 08/09/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hehehehehe, that freaking set break over yet?

Male

#2983299 - 08/09/04 07:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nah and it's been a while too!

--------------------

-Erik Davis

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #2983320 - 08/09/04 07:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

maybe the reason is that all the newbie documents are like "set and setting is crucial. You can either experience hell or heaven" kind of thing. that sets up alot of stress, and even though its totally true ill bet more people would have good trips if our intro document said 'mushrooms are great! they will make you happy and you will have an awesome time"

i know my first bad trip was directly inspired by too much pre-reading about other peoples bad trips, what to do if you have one etc. As soon as you think 'i hope i dont have a bad trip' thats the first step to having one

still, we must tell the truth i guess

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder