Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Loc: Columbus, OHIO
Shroomer friend needs advice
    #2983140 - 08/09/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm usually on Shroomery IRC Chat and today i was talking to a guy who has experienced a bad trip and seems to be having trouble recovering and is very concerned. As i haven't ever experienced a really bad trip i suggested for him to post on the boards about it but he is not registered so i said i would post this for him. I figured posting it in the pub he would get the best advice/responses for very experienced people, so all your advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Topic: Possible mushroom poisoning?!

Hey everyone I have a pretty serious question to ask. About 4 days ago I consumed less than a gram of mushrooms(pretty sure they were cubensis)that were in a chocolate. The chocolate and part of the chopped up mushroom inside of it had been exposed to air for about 5 days(because 5 days before I took 3/4 as much which was around 2grams).

After about 30-45 minutes of ingestion I got sick to the stomach and threw up 3-5 times. Later on I threw up a little bit more. I went through really bad anxiety and this lasted for about 2-3 hours. After this happened I came down and was just happy to be alive without the anxiety. The next night at around 8pm it kicked back in but not as strong. I had to throw up again.

I felt groggy, like I was half way asleep, and sort of confused to where I was. After I ate again that night about 30 minutes later I threw up all my food. Ever since then Ive been throwing up everytime I eat solid foods.

The only thing my system seems to take is water and tomato juice. Though tonight I did eat some crackers without throwing up. These are the other symptoms. I get confused and have an emotional imbalances when I eat food and I think the imbalance is what actually causes me to throw up, not the fact that my body is rejecting it. I could be wrong though.

I feel really spaced out, have gas, no diarreha, my vision seems like everything is a movie, my urine is pretty clear, when I goto take a dump it seems normal and everything, I sleep more, and finally my head feels like it has something moving around in it sort of, like a headache that shifts around.

If anyone can help please do, thanks in advance.

--------------------

Mindfulness is the aware, balanced acceptance of the present experience.
It isn't more complicated than that.
It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,
without either clinging to it or rejecting it.

Edited by Jenny (08/09/04 07:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Jenny]
    #2983208 - 08/09/04 07:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Never heard of that.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Learyfan]
    #2983211 - 08/09/04 07:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Haha, I can imagine the music'sound effects that go with that..

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Learyfan]
    #2983221 - 08/09/04 07:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i know its a pretty odd thing i think, too.

--------------------

It is opening to or recieving the present moment, pleasant or unpleasant, just as it is,

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#2983233 - 08/09/04 07:14 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

maybe it's food poisoning from the chocolate. usually, if any kind of food isn't sealed up good or refridgerated especially for 5 days, bacteria and shit grows real fast and can make you sick.

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2983240 - 08/09/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Dr. Dr.

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2983256 - 08/09/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It sucks, because you know this will stop him from ever wanting to taste the sacred shrooms again.

:mushroom2:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Adom]
    #2983266 - 08/09/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah he's going to a dr. tomorrow i believe.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #2983281 - 08/09/04 07:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That sounds more like food poisoning then a bad trip to me.
I dunno though.. I've never had a bad trip on shrooms.. then again I've never eaten unknown shroom chocolate that had been sitting in open air for 5 days.

I've had food poisoning before though, and that sucked. It was basically lots of puking my guts (and stomach acid) out and deliriousness. I was dehydrated as fuck from hours of dry heaving and the only thing I could take for several days was water. Sounds similar to what he is experiencing.

Also what he is trying to eat. The body needs to recover with easily digestible, light foods. hemp seed is perfect, as its high in protein and the essential amino acids, but pretty much anything like fruits, veggies and grain.

But yeah.. I went to the doctor for that and they just gave me an IV of saline and an injection of some yellow shit to stop the nausea. Then it cost like $1200 cause I didn't have insurance.

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2983344 - 08/09/04 07:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

It's to bad he's sick but I really hope it's food poisoning. If it's not someone probably made a batch of those chocolates and if they are circulating with poison mushrooms that won't be good for anyone... that is a scary thought.

InvisibleJenny
part of thewhole
Male User Gallery

Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Shroomism]
    #2983360 - 08/09/04 08:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That exact thing happened to me! After eating sushi i went home, puked my guts off (from both ends :frown:) for hours, it was so painful. Finally my roomate took me to the hospital at around 3-4am and they gave me an iv. it fucking sucked

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Adom]
    #2983366 - 08/09/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Goto a doctor! just tell them you ate some home grown mushrooms someone had and they put it in with some home made pizza or something.... it's stupid to wait serious problems out like that

--------------------

OfflineEnlightenedFreak
Lurk-er

Loc: Toronto, Canada
    #2983437 - 08/09/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As odd as it sounds it's not that rare for chocolate to be tainted with Salmonella, that could be it. Here is a rough Mushroom Poisoning chart..., and here is a site listing symptoms...

--------------------
The pleasure of satisfying a savage instict undomesticated by the ego is uncomparaby much more intense than the one of satisfying a tamed instinct.
S. Freud

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#2984314 - 08/10/04 12:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the sickest trip of my life was on chocolate covered mushooms.

fungi and dairy do not mix.

i think it has more to do w/ the high tryptophan content, than lactose.

tell your friend to drink LOTS of water,
and eat pleanty of organic fruits and veggies.

maybe cast an IChing reading...

OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: Shroomer friend needs advice [Re: Shroomism]
    #2984343 - 08/10/04 12:42 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
I've never eaten unknown shroom chocolate that had been sitting in open air for 5 days.

this may, be hard to believe but, when people buy shrooms, and aren't a part of the shroomery, how are they supposed to identify dry, damaged, possible crunched up mushrooms, it's near damned impossible, i've eatin probably a good 10+ ounces of mushrooms that I've bought, i don't buy anymore, i grow&hunt but teen-agers who buy, have no way of knowing what they are

for all we know he might have eaten a death cap, but the amatoxins had the effects lessened by the FUCKING BLACK MOLD growing on the chocolate, he has a strong immune system, and is fighting off the death for a couple days...

but, chocolate is ok to leave sitting out for days on end, no1 here has ever bought a hershey's bar, lost it in their car and eaten it a week later?... chocolated doesn't spoil like other things, mushrooms & chocolate I don't know...however it seems like food poisining.

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds