Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Pandora's Box (bulk tub questions)
    #2982765 - 08/09/04 07:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, so Swim opened a Pandoras box, as you might have guessed from the title.

Swim has some questions about whats happening in his small rubbermaid.

Swim mixed up horse poo and mycelium on july 19th, and evevrything looked good, even a couple days after spawning, and honestly its been beautifual most of the way, but here are the problems................

1.There is a brownish, (mycelium pee-ISH) liquid on one side of the bed, Swim assumes he should take a CLEN paper towl and soak up the excess moisture, do you agree???????

2.Swim started this tub on july 19th, and now its august 9th , he would have cased it already but one stuborn area of the bed (a VERY VERY small peice) is just now almost finished, the entire bed is white, but there is just a tiny bit of brown, could Swim just remove the uncolinized lump(which is uneven anyway) and case????????

3.There are mushrooms alreay!!!!!!, Swim assumes that by opening the box so much, to check the stupid lump, he caused pinning, so now that its happening, Swim assumes that he should case the bed, and give it fruiting conditions ASAP??????????

Please help, Swim feels he is really close to a NICE harvest, but at this point he cannot afford mistakes  :tongue:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Pandora's Box (bulk tub questions) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2982787 - 08/09/04 07:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

1.There is a brownish, (mycelium pee-ISH) liquid on one side of the bed, Swim assumes he should take a CLEN paper towl and soak up the excess moisture, do you agree???????

Put some sterilized casing (almost dry verm or something) in the miniature lake to soak up the water and fill the spot it collects in..

2.Swim started this tub on july 19th, and now its august 9th , he would have cased it already but one stuborn area of the bed (a VERY VERY small peice) is just now almost finished, the entire bed is white, but there is just a tiny bit of brown, could Swim just remove the uncolinized lump(which is uneven anyway) and case????????

Yep, replace the missing shit with damp verm to patch out the areal invaders.

3.There are mushrooms alreay!!!!!!, Swim assumes that by opening the box so much, to check the stupid lump, he caused pinning, so now that its happening, Swim assumes that he should case the bed, and give it fruiting conditions ASAP??????????

Take out the uncolinized chunk and CASE QUICKLY!!! Next time don't let the mycelium be exposed to light, if you didn't expose it to light, it is probably not your fault. I have heard of people who have somehow enduced pinning in complete darkness. It just happens sometimes.

Someone else might have better ideas.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box (bulk tub questions) [Re: MAGnum]
    #2982805 - 08/09/04 07:25 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

"Put some sterilized casing (almost dry verm or something) in the miniature lake to soak up the water and fill the spot it collects in.."

Wouldnt soaking up the "lake" and then filling make more sense????

As for the light, well I did expose it to light but how the hell am I supposed to look at the progress in the dark??

Maybe I would have been alot better off only checking it with dim light............................to be honest as Swim got closer to a fully colinized bed he MIGHT have peeked a little to much.

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (08/09/04 08:45 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box (bulk tub questions) [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2982989 - 08/09/04 08:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation