Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
the Camden shows
    #2982217 - 08/09/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Aug. 7th (saturday)
Set 1:
Spacey Jam>
Alligator> Jam>
Mississippi Half-Step>
Mr. Charlie
Broken Arrow
Strange World>
Smokestack Lightning>
Casey Jones
Set 2: Spacey Jam>
China Cat Sunflower> Jam>
@Uncle John's Band
Lady With A Fan>
Morning Dew> Jam>
Terrapin Station>
I Know You Rider>
Golden Road>
Viola Lee Blues(v1 & v2)>
Midnight Hour>
Viola Lee Blues(v3)...
One More Saturday Night
Donor Rap
E: Cosmic Charlie

Aug. 8th (sunday)
Set 1:
Sitting On Top Of The World>
New Speedway Boogie
You Remind Me
Baba Jingo>
Baba Jingo
Brown-Eyed Women
Mason's Children
Headcount Rap
Set 2: @Friend Of The Devil
Feel Like A Stranger>
Eyes Of The World>
Cold Rain & Snow...
Hard To Handle>
Samson & Delilah>
Stella Blue
Night Of 1000 Stars>
Gimme Some Lovin'>
Not Fade Away...
Donor Rap
E: After Midnight>
Brokedown Palace

OK I dont have time for a full report rite now cause I have to take care of some stuff while I'm home for the day:gd_icon:But while I'm here, musically I think the second night was better. The song selection both nights were great, but the second night they just seemed to be, more on the ball. Its like, ya know how they talk with their music when they jam? Well it was just like they couldnt decide what they wanted to play and were musically argueing with each other musically. The weird people near me who occasionally yelled "ooops" and all that acid I took might not of given me the clearest opinion though. The vibe I felt, was kinda the crowd too. Not as much cheering and dancing the first night, and a weird vibe. And of course the band feeds off of the crowds energy, and they probably werent feeling the hella love factor that night either. The second night was totally on point and incredible!! Every note was totally perfect. And Phil busted the hell out often, maybe it was because he felt the love cause so many people went to donate blood in philly that day. Anyways it was great and I got to dance next to that girl I met at Montage for most of the sunday show down in the ummmmmm... big cement hall thing between general admission and seats. It was beautiful during Night Of 1000 Stars> Gimme Some Lovin'> Not Fade Away.. but like every tour crush I've had, I lost her walking out of the show :confused:Its ok, I'm probably not her type but I think shes so cute :grin:

Oh, and the lot scene was better then ever. Tons of good food, cheap beer, nice stuff, decent glass selection, mostly small stuff. Lots of love, most of the people on tour these days are actually newschool deadheads it seems. Most of the vendors are. And as far as the other stuff.... I wouldnt consider the drought over, mostly fake stuff. But if you know what you're looking for and know good peoples when you talk to them.. Lets just say the fellas who hang in ODD would be proud. On that note, not many tanks confiscations, saw everyone in the parking garage the first night be OKed by the garage's security. Maybe bribes were involved. Cops didnt come into the shakedown lot at all that I saw of, their only rule was no walking out of the lot with a beer in your hand. :cool:

and thats all for now, time to take care of some real world responsibilities and maybe make some quick cash for the next two shows :sun:

:gd_icon: :heartpump:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: the Camden shows [Re: iloveraving]
    #2982248 - 08/09/04 05:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Oh, and there's a lot more I want to comment on the shows, and the lot, but its getting late in the day and I havent done anything today. Like I want to discuss this whole 'new territory' theory. :smirk:

Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2982565 - 08/09/04 06:23 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Sounds great!  I'm glad you got to dance with the girly too.  Can't wait to see them again. Next year! :laugh:

Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: the Camden shows [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2982599 - 08/09/04 06:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like another magical night!

Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Loc: the sky
    #2982705 - 08/09/04 06:54 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Bob Dylan's eulogy for Jerry as posted on a thread on phantasytour:

Bob Dylan's eulogy for Jerry Garcia (1995)

"There's no way to measure his greatness or magnitude as a person or as a player. I don't think any eulogizing will do him justice. He was that great, much more than a superb musician, with an uncanny ear and dexterity. He's the very spirit personified of whatever is Muddy River country at its core and screams up into the spheres. He really had no equal. To me he wasn't only a musician and friend, he was more like a big brother who taught and showed me more than he'll ever know. There's a lot of spaces and advances between The Carter Family, Buddy Holly and, say, Ornette Coleman, a lot of universes, but he filled them all without being a member of any school. His playing was moody, awesome, sophisticated, hypnotic and subtle. There's no way to convey the loss. It just digs down really deep. "

Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

User Gallery
Re: the Camden shows [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2983740 - 08/10/04 12:09 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

kind of off topic... what hits did you get? what print were they. there was all kinds of shit floating around.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Community >> The Pub