Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

air exchange
    #2981772 - 08/09/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i<m incubating in the tub in tub, and will use tub in tub for my terrarium aswell, this is my heat source but the thing is, i leave about 9 hours a day for work, is this too long to wait for an air exchange, can this harm ? or do i need some sort of auto air exchange...any suggesttions would be greatly appreciated. also, is sporelab trust worthy, cause i ordered off them nearly a week ago and still no confirmation
thanks again

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: air exchange [Re: shangrila]
    #2981780 - 08/09/04 01:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yes, you need a more automated terrarium like this: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinke...amp;postmarker=

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

Re: air exchange [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2981838 - 08/09/04 01:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hey myco, umm looks good but wont i need holes for co2 to get out if i allow air to go in with the air stones? and do you think that would work considering i use tub in tub? last question is, he uses geolite, is perlite ok?

thanks very much

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2981874 - 08/09/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>>>> hey myco, umm looks good but wont i need holes for co2 to get out if i allow air to go in with the air stones?

as long as the lid doesn't have a perfect seal then it will be just fine.

>>>> and do you think that would work considering i use tub in tub?

yeah, but you really don't need to heat your tub unless you live in the arctic.

>>>> last question is, he uses geolite, is perlite ok?

yup. perlite works ok, but you should only use it if you can't find/afford geolite.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2981896 - 08/09/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

hmm, well money aint a problem so geo it is, well my room averages 58% humidity, and i figure if i shut my window i can get about 20 or 22 degrees celsius, ill try to find a converter online so i can get what 86f is and all that, and i guess i can make myself suffer by turning on the heating lol
your help was greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!

OfflineNoeton
wonderer

Loc: Brew City
    #2981913 - 08/09/04 01:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You don't NEED to have automated air exchange, but it does help. Air holes for CO2 ro escape aren't necessary either, as the airstones will continually mix the CO2 and 02 molecules, plus the tubs are not airtight, and meaning there will be a constant influx of O2 to replace that being used by the shrooms. Yes perlite should work also.
If the room temp where your fruiting chamber is kept is in the 70's, you don't need the second tub to add heat, as the ideal fruiting temp is in the mid 70's

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: Noeton]
    #2981933 - 08/09/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

give me a break..... you most deffinately do need automated air exchange. fanning is for people who have no lives and sit by their terrarium every waking minute.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2981934 - 08/09/04 02:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

things are starting to seem way less complicated then i thought, as long as sterilisation is maintained, and the basic guidelines.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2981951 - 08/09/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

lollllllllll myco by the way, nice tits!! LOL
and i have a life, and job so i guess ill go with the air stones.
hmm, which makes me think, do i still fan if i use airstones?

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2982306 - 08/09/04 03:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

No need to, unless it just makes you happy

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

OfflineNoeton
wonderer

Re: air exchange [Re: KaptKid]
    #2982433 - 08/09/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Needed: 1. A condition or situation in which something is required.
2. Necessity, obligation.
To say that one needs automated air exchange implies that automated air exchange is necessary for the sucessful cultivation of mushrooms. IT IS NOT. Automated air exchange is not NEEDed, but as I said earlier, it helps. There is no need to try to flame people over such silly things as your incorrect use of the English language. :tongue:

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2982489 - 08/09/04 04:08 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noeton said:
Needed: 1. A condition or situation in which something is required.
2. Necessity, obligation.
To say that one needs automated air exchange implies that automated air exchange is necessary for the sucessful cultivation of mushrooms. IT IS NOT. Automated air exchange is not NEEDed, but as I said earlier, it helps. There is no need to try to flame people over such silly things as your incorrect use of the English language. :tongue:

Damn, newbie with an attitude... I can tell you now that an automated system is NEEDED for maximum yields if he can't fan it but every 9 hours. Myco's just trying to help someone get the best yields. Just because Shangrila is new to cultivating, it doesn't mean that he has to get shitty yields!! You NEED NOT show up here and in 1 day start flaming the veterans. Mycopsyco has proven himself, you have not. I'm being nice, the others may not be.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2982503 - 08/09/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i haven't even begun to flame. btw i said more than just "you most deffinately do need automated air exchange". there was another sentence after that one stating why i said it was a must! if you would have read both sentences you wouldn't have needed to quote the dictionary mr. webster.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#2982650 - 08/09/04 04:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fruiting is right around 20C and incubator is around 30C, converted for ya. Sounds like your general room temps are great for fruiting, so just set up the PMP and put it in a spot that's near 20C, give them a few hours of light a day (or use a light above, on a timer) and you should be good to go. They don't need lots of light, because they aren't plants, just so they can guess better which way is "up".

OfflineNoeton
wonderer

#2982651 - 08/09/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Im not trying to be hostile towards anyone here on the shroomery. There are so many people here who have taught me much. And I am very greatful for that.
I do agree that automated air exchange is very benefitial, and does indeed increase yields, while making the cultivators life easier. Because I don't agree that it's necessary and not optional, does not necessarily mean that I am a have no life, am a newbie to cultivation, or that I don't appreciate the convenience of a fully automated terranium.
Although, I haven't been posting on here for long under this name, I have a student of mycology for many years. I'm not claiming to be a pro or an expert, as I am always learning from others. In time maybe I'll "prove" myself to some of you, but in the meantime, I'll just keep reading, posting, and learning.

Edited by Noeton (08/09/04 04:57 PM)

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2982671 - 08/09/04 04:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noeton said:
I'll just keep reading, posing, and learing.

yeah, i think ur a poser

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

OfflineNoeton
wonderer

#2982690 - 08/09/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Damn. I set myself up for that one. post edited.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2982700 - 08/09/04 04:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noeton said:
I'll just keep reading, posting, and learing.

yes, learning is key as knowledge is power.(change your post again, learing isn't polite!)

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
    #2982717 - 08/09/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Just take the big ass bottle of O2 outta the garage and pump that shit into the Chamber..........

Mushies love it........and they don't care if it ain't medical O2!

there! no need for fanning

peace

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2982722 - 08/09/04 04:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Noeton said:
Im not trying to be hostile towards anyone here on the shroomery. There are so many people here who have taught me much. And I am very greatful for that.
I do agree that automated air exchange is very benefitial, and does indeed increase yields, while making the cultivators life easier. Because I don't agree that it's necessary and not optional, does not necessarily mean that I am a have no life, am a newbie to cultivation, or that I don't appreciate the convenience of a fully automated terranium.
Although, I haven't been posting on here for long under this name, I have a student of mycology for many years. I'm not claiming to be a pro or an expert, as I am always learning from others. In time maybe I'll "prove" myself to some of you, but in the meantime, I'll just keep reading, posting, and learing.

Cool with me... One thing that you'll learn, if not already, is that shroomerites stick together. It's a tight knit community here, and you're welcome to become a part of it, but just watch how you talk to respected members.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2982724 - 08/09/04 04:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

lol, i wish i had a bottle of o2

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: QandA]
    #2982729 - 08/09/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

QandA said:Cool with me... One thing that you'll learn, if not already, is that shroomerites stick together. It's a tight knit community here, and you're welcome to become a part of it, but just watch how you talk to respected members.

props q&a!

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2982735 - 08/09/04 05:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

O2 it's not just for cutting steel anymore!!!!!!

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #2982752 - 08/09/04 05:05 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to use the tub in tub that is fine. Just put the holes for the hoses in the top. No constant air is not needed but it is by far the best way to go. Look at it this way how does it work in nature. Yes fanning works. Yes you can get huge flushes, but as constantly as a constant airflow system, no way. Plus the air can be filtered with fanning you are spraying lysol, oust or something to reduce contams, and opening up the chamber.
People spend all this time pc'ing doing this and that to prevent contams just so they can open the fucken chamber 3 times a day min.

Hey we all seem to like The Mushroom Cultivator right? or most of us at least seem to think Stamets knows his shit right?

Ok, I can hear it now. How do bags work then. They have a filter patch so as co2 exits the patch what has to happen, yep you got it air has to go in the patch that is how they work and I know you can see how cause of the co2 being heaver then air thing. Please tell me we all had enough basic science to know this.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Re: air exchange [Re: Magash]
    #2982769 - 08/09/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Magash is lurking with all his Knowledge.......

But I know for sure the Mycobag comes no where near 1-3 complete air exchanges per hour.........

peace

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2982771 - 08/09/04 05:13 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I fan :tongue:, and when I have to go somewhere I plug in the fish pump, and just leave it running.

--------------------

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2982781 - 08/09/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i look at it like this.....mushroom growing is a hobby, not a chore, and by fanning multiple times a day it becomes monotonous.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #2982812 - 08/09/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Tell me this, is my little fish pump, running 24/7 really going to replace my fan though????(i.e Can a skip fanning altoghter, even with the pump on all day, I fan once in the morning and once at night?

Could I skip this???

Because it SEEMS like I couldnt. :tongue:

--------------------

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2982829 - 08/09/04 05:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

if you have an air pump hooked up to a stone, and the stone submerged in water, then sure you can skip fanning.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2982871 - 08/09/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

you can also do a fun experiment with a garbage bag........

see how much that little pump is actually puttin out!!!!!!

just a thought

peace

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Re: air exchange [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2982877 - 08/09/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

good idea!

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Offlineshangrila
 User Gallery

#2983075 - 08/09/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

damn, i didnt think youde post so much lol, well thanks, i see this as a hobby, thats how i got my mother (whom i obviously live with) to let me grow uhhum exotic mushrooms, seeing its so miticulous to keep sterile, and you constantly have to make sure temp and humidity and everything else is right, anyway, i'm only waiting after sporelab and i'm off!!
for air pumps, the best one i saw at walmart was about 22$ but only a 3500, its good for about 75 litres if my memory is right, i got myself earlier today a 115 liter, so i wont take a chance and ill go with something a little bit stronger.

hey, heres a ?? i was about to purchase a case of 12 - 500ml wide mouth jars, but changed my mind for 12 - 1 liter normal mason jars, aside the fact that it most likely will take longer.....no problems right?

thanks to the entire community for the insights!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, seeing i love to see posts with pics n everything, i'll post some up when i get started, hopefully nice white jars

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck