Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegratefultenaciousj
journeyman
First time Help needed please
    #2979630 - 08/08/04 10:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If I want to start growing, Im wondering what will be needed to inject the spores into. Mycobags look good, but seem too small. Ive looked over the sponsor sites on here and dont see anyone selling jars that would be more practical to put into a fruiting chamber such as a tupperware box. Any help or tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: gratefultenaciousj]
    #2979655 - 08/08/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Don't discount the bags......if you can't prepare (in a sterile enviroment) a substrate........then get some bags........from mycobag.....a sponsor.......

you can case the bags and get a good result......or drop em in the trunk of a warm car........

peace..............

and welcome to the Shroomery

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2979669 - 08/08/04 10:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

oh.......read the "Poor man's Pod" thread.........(by Magash)

it can expand your ideas of a simple plan.........

peace

journeyman
    #2979699 - 08/08/04 10:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, im not looking to do anything real time consuming or complicated such as making my own compost.

journeyman
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2979724 - 08/08/04 10:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Poor man's pod seems too complicated, isn't it easier just to use a mycobag? Why would u need all that equipment, when you can just grow from a bag?

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2979730 - 08/08/04 10:56 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well it appears to me that you have little knowledge of mycology........so get a bag and have fun........IMO they are almost foolproof........

you may find this an addictive hobby.......

read up!

and good luck

peace

journeyman
    #2979773 - 08/08/04 11:11 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I read up alot over the past weeks but cant find some answers given the fact what I need to purchase is from two different sites. What is a good amount of bags needed/per syringe? Im not looking for anything large scale but a modest amount just to start out with. thanks

OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Loc: somewhere
    #2979814 - 08/08/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

dude... a case of jars at my local supermarket was eight dollars and ninty nine cents... a cheapo cooker that fits 6 quarts 35 bucks, a 10 gallon aquarium is nine dollars at wally world, both verm and perlite are less than three dollars at the depot plus a lid for your aquarium is less than a few dollars (I bought plexi glass that fits one inch from all sides) a thermometer is less than 2 dollars and thats it as far as major purchases goes.. incubation, well.. my apt is always at 74 degrees (I keep my jars in front of the window in a black case to soak up the sun and get warm).. so your lookin at around a 70 dollar investment before you get substrate and spores.. (BRF is 3 dollars at wally world) very effecient, for me at least.. and this is without cutting corners.. I've never tried a bag but the rule of thumb here is YOU NEVER KNOW UNTILL YOU TRY! Good luck bro

--------------------
"I am the Lizard King I can do Anything!"

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2979815 - 08/08/04 11:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

One 10 cc jolt can do 5 bags.......

get your bags @ mycobags.......tellem your a Shroomery member......

and I believe spores101.com has a great deal right now.......tellem you love the Shrommery.......7 or 8 for the price of five.......more than you need........but they last forever(not really......but a good 5 yrs.....)

OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Loc: somewhere
    #2979833 - 08/08/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

oh and an aquarium full of fruiting cakes.......PRICELESS!!!

--------------------
"I am the Lizard King I can do Anything!"

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
    #2979836 - 08/08/04 11:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Many Teks are very simple.......but if you wanna enjoy a simple hobby......as you stated.........I wouldn't discount the Bags.......they are almost foolproof.......and whilst they are colonizing you will become addicted to the "Hobby"........

read up a bit........

this site is chalked full of info........the best on the net!

peace

OfflineSpudz76
Got mycelium on the brain...
Male

#2980432 - 08/09/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

And note you can't just toss a bag on your desk and inject it and you're done, you have to at least have two environments, one for incubation and one for fruiting. Incubation is not humidity sensitive but has to be 84-89 degrees and totally dark, and fruiting should be 80-99% relative humidity and around 74 degrees with a little bit of light to help tell them which way is up, and air changes around 6 times a day at least (fanning, to blow out the CO2 and impart more oxygen for growth). The fruiting chamber part of it is what the poor mans pod does for you, without you having to spray the chamber and fan it and watch over it all the time to ensure a good turnout. And the incubator part you should use a "tub-in-tub" setup, unless of course you have a spot in your place where it stays in the high 80's all day and night, and is dark.

And furthermore it's best to use the spores to make your own liquid mycelium culture, and then inject bags with that because you get a faster growth that way, and it is also harder to get contam problems. You can do large jars of corn or birdseed combined with this liquid mycelium innoculation technique which also works very well, then once the grain is fully colonized you just dump a layer of damp verm in a clean tray, dump the corn/millet on top, and then another layer of verm on top (casing) - then that whole deal goes in your fruiting chamber and you get a nice 'field style' crop. Also I find you can get away without a PC with a liquid culture, because then you can use hydrogen peroxide to sterilize your medium, so it all ends up being easier and most importantly less work - all while being quicker as well.

journeyman
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: Spudz76]
    #2980917 - 08/09/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Isn't it kind of hard or not possible to fan out the CO2 from the plants if they are in a mycobag?

Offlinecaimen
the unknown
Loc: HERE
    #2981013 - 08/09/04 10:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

What Plants ? u will not need to fan your mycobags in the tub n tub. your incubator will not need that kind of air exchange!

--------------------
MAN Made Speed
GOD Made Weed
<Who do YOU TRUST ? >

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25954

journeyman
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: caimen]
    #2981028 - 08/09/04 10:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How can you fan a mycobag period? Its inside of a bag! Sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but Im lost.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #2981113 - 08/09/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

While it's in the bag is before the fanning part

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinecurious4
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: KaptKid]
    #2981231 - 08/09/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

6 times a day? So is this what you do for a living?

OfflineCradleofilth82
Psillycybin

Loc: San Antonio Texas
    #2981272 - 08/09/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you are a newby get all your stuff from wal-mart or any large store. you should also follow the PF tek. If you use that one your failure rate will be soo small if you follow everything correctly. I dont have a pressure cooker. and I used a large pot with a lid and boiled it for an hour and not even one jar got contaminated so if you have to use a big pot. and as a word of advice. when you innoculate make sure you do it in a sterile enviroment cuase this is the step that you can most likely contaminate your jars.

--------------------
CrAdLeOfIlTh82

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Re: First time Help needed please [Re: Cradleofilth82]
    #2981360 - 08/09/04 11:36 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I can't find the thread I was looking for but I will try and describe it as it answers your question........

In Magash's PMP thread he references paul staments research, saying that for optium growth......P cubes in a fruiting chamber need complete air exchange about 3 times per hour.......the key word being optimum.......

And then I can remember Anno had replied to a similar post with a picture of a Mycobag with a flush inside.......being no way to "fan" a mycobag, it just shows that cubes with grow in that enviroment.

So you can do a complete grow in a bag.......it just wont be optimal.....but it should be sterile......unless you poke a hole in the bag........

I hope that made sense.......

peace

journeyman
    #2981481 - 08/09/04 12:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes thanks, thats a little more clear. I wonder if it would be better to place the mycobags inside a tupperware fruiting chamber w/ perlite on the bottom.... any thought about that?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale