Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Loc: somewhere
Casing Question...
    #2978963 - 08/08/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone. First of all.. I'd like to thank everyone on this site for giving me great feedback and helping me along when I thought all was lost. Secondly, I cased two pf style jars using the crumble and case method.. for my casing layers I only used verm. due to the lack of supplies in my area. I cased about three days ago and just checked them out.. mycelium has started to poke through the thin layer of verm I had put on top but only on the sides of the baking dish. I wish I had a picture to show yall. So, is this normal? should I induce fruiting via light and more h20?

thanks for the responses

-Brokage

--------------------
"I am the Lizard King I can do Anything!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMykey
spectraltraveler

Re: Casing Question... [Re: Brokage420]
    #2979052 - 08/08/04 06:32 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Are you keeping the casing layer moist by regular misting? Also you may have gotten the casing layer a bit thin around the edges allowing for the myc to pop through there first. Just add a little fresh casing layer over what you have and continue to incubate until the myc has more evenly colonized the casing layer before you fruit.

Good Luck!

--------------------

OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Re: Casing Question... [Re: Mykey]
    #2979269 - 08/08/04 08:17 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

hmmmm... I do mist regularly but I'm pretty sure that I evened the casing out. I'll try and add some casing mixture to that and see if it works out. I also notice that the myc is starting to pull away from the sides as well.. you could be right about the moisture.. I only mist once a day, twice if I have the time... but the verm that I added was wet so I assumed that it would need less moisture.. either way.. thank you very very much I thought I had done something wrong !!

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Casing Question... [Re: Brokage420]
    #2979414 - 08/08/04 09:11 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

As long as it is still growing, it is doing well... make sure you do not mist too much. Really, casings don't need too much water. They have water IN THE CASING :smile:.

Once you see knots or pins... be sure just to spray the sides of the terrarium. It may not even need that... if your terrarium creates its own humidity.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineBrokage420
The Dude
Re: Casing Question... [Re: Rose]
    #2979665 - 08/08/04 10:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well.. Right now I have two experiments going on.. the one I asked the question about is not in a terrarium.. I have it in an airtight sterile plastic container which is completely dark.. I figured that keeping the myc at incubation conditions would help myc grow back to a solid form and when it starts to poke through then expose it to humidity and light.. The other experiment I have is opposite.. its getting light and humidity.. either way.. Thanks for the info.. Oh BTW the one in the terrarium hasn't done anything yet... <shrug>

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix