Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Looking for a certain type of experience...which species?
    #2977564 - 08/08/04 06:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm looking for an experience with the following...

• Very minimal body high
  • Energetic, not "downy" feeling
  • Nice geometric, "mayan" type visuals
  • A mental trip that is punctuated by clarity. Not a confusing/befuddling/giggly mental trip but an introspective/connected kind of mental trip

That's my ideal trip. I've had shrooms that make me feel "heavy" and I don't really like them. I've had shrooms that make me giggly and befuddled feeling, and I'm not so hot on that either. To me, shrooms are for exploration/discovery, and the ones that are more inclined towards that are my preferred species. I've been using shrooms for years, but only buying from people and just recently learning the species.

Would "Golden Teacher" be good for this? I only say that because the name seems to fit what I'm looking for. I also remember a shroom type that where the stems were about 1-2" and curved with relatively small, almost acorn shapped, wrinkly, redish-golden caps. I remember those were nice.

I know set/setting is a major factor, but is it the only factor? Or does the species matter much?

Thanks in advance!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: myndreach]
    #2977581 - 08/08/04 06:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

As far as I know, it makes such a tiny difference as to be insignificant. I think the only differences between strains is potency.

I know there are other tryptamines and chemicals which might be psychoactive in shrooms, but they are in trace amounts, so I'm not convinced that you'd notice a difference (other than placebo).

The UK companies selling shrooms usually describe mexicana truffles as being less confusing and easier on the beginner. I can't say I've really noticed this, myself, although there did seem to be slight differences in the trip. I think it's all bullshit to be honest.

Also, I find that the "downy" feeling only comes when I'm not tripping hard enough, or coming up too slowly. I usually drink tea to come up as quickly as possible.

As for clarity, I find refraining from smoking weed until after the peak keeps my mind sharp. I also tend not to drink.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: deafpanda]
    #2977646 - 08/08/04 07:28 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the info. I'm not a beginner to shrooming, just the specific species names. Yeah, I like making tea also. I hear that you lose some of the potency though unless you eat the shrooms as well (i've always eaten them as well). If so, why not just eat them instead of making tea, drinking it, and then eating them anyways?

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
    #2977656 - 08/08/04 07:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think the issue of active chems remaining in the shrooms is too significant, as long as you mash them up well and boil it a few times. I'm not sure how much psilocybin breaks down with the heat, but I've heard that that doesn't make a big difference either.

The obvious advantage of tea is the rapid absorbtion.

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2977696 - 08/08/04 08:04 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Fuck tea, too much loss, at least if you boil it. Go with alcohol extraction. It's gets all the goodies out and there' no potency loss. As for which strain to go with, just go with a cube. A cube is a cube is a cube... Your mindset and your environment have more to do with your trip than the strain does.

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: QandA]
    #2977707 - 08/08/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Are you sure? I've heard in the past that potency loss from boiling for 15 minutes is like less than 1%...

OfflineQandA
wanderer

#2977711 - 08/08/04 08:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I use to always boil Pan Subbs to make a tea, instead of eating them fresh, because you have to eat so damn many of them. I would always trip, but nothing hard. So, I decided to dry them and eat them instead and bite the bullet. DAMN! what a difference! I've heard of ppl just mushing them up and soaking them in room temp water and doing good though. But heat=no no... imho. But if it works for you, then it works for you...

--------------------
I'm not crazy...crazy.

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: QandA]
    #2977713 - 08/08/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've used a slow rolling boil for 15 minutes with cubes plenty of times and I never noticed a thing. I don't like tea though, I just eat the bastards.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: Adom]
    #2977725 - 08/08/04 08:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So you boil the cubes in a rolling boil for 15 minutes. How much water are you using and how many grams? What is the proportion? After you are done you just pour the water into a cup and drink it? What about the soggy shrooms that are left? Eat em?

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
    #2977751 - 08/08/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The dosage depends on how hard you want to trip. I just use a small sauce pan with a cup and half or so of water(per dose) and throw in a tea bag to add flavor. I always strain them out, use a cheese clothe or something you can squeeze them with. The point of tea is avoid eating them, usually someone is around that will eat the soggy left overs but I never do. Boiling is supposed to extract the magic I don't think you need to eat them.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species? [Re: Adom]
    #2977762 - 08/08/04 09:15 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks that's what I was looking for :smile:

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species [Re: myndreach]
    #2977811 - 08/08/04 09:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

don't boil the mushrooms, boil water take it off the put them in.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species [Re: gdman]
    #2977929 - 08/08/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How long should the shrooms steep in the hot water? After they steep, take them out, and squeeze them out with cheescloth into the water, and then drink the water, correct?

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species [Re: myndreach]
    #2978182 - 08/08/04 12:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

just found this on one of the guides at this site

Quote:

Take the fresh mushrooms (6-7 per person depending on size of caps) and cut the caps and stems into very small pieces. Place mushroom pieces into medium sized pot 3/4 filled with water. Boil the water along with the mushrooms. Boil for ten minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool for 10 more minutes. Strain mushrooms with a coffee filter, or paper towel. At this point, if you truly desire tea, a mint flavored version works well. Otherwise, kool-aid is an option. Grape kool-aid mixed stronger than usual will definitely cover the taste. Serve with ice to chill the kool-aid to the desired temperature.

that says to boil the shrooms in the tea

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2978521 - 08/08/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure whether it makes any difference what species they are. I think if you read a species gives you a certain type of experience you may take that into the trip with you and believe it.

If I gave someone capsules of dried mushrooms and at the end of the trip said "Now tell me what they were", I don't think I'd get many correct answers.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Re: Looking for a certain type of experience...which species [Re: gdman]
    #2978656 - 08/08/04 03:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That has never worked as well as the method I described above for me. I don't think all the magic comes out, just steaping them isn't enough I believe.

I would boil them, I haven't noticed any problem or loss of potency ever.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies