Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Air Pump

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

huge problem ...
    #2977793 - 08/08/04 11:36 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I have a huge problem at the moment, soon ( in 5 days ) im going on vacation on Adriatic see and i won't be home for 5 days ...
The problem is i have cakes with primordia poping up ( till now, white knots started to form ) and i have one casing that is in the process of colonizing the casing layer ( which will be finished at the day when i go on vacation :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: )

I can provide stable temperature and humidity but i don't know what should i do about air exchange ... Can i just leave the cakes and casing to sit there 5 dayes without air exchange or should i put them in the fridge ... ?

What would you do ? I need advices fast ... :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes: :crazyeyes:

Edited by baltazar (08/08/04 11:37 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: huge problem ... [Re: baltazar]
    #2977827 - 08/08/04 11:54 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Got an aquarium pump? Maybe a fan with a timer you can rig up? Just some ideas..

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2978096 - 08/08/04 01:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

the solution to your problem is easy: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

thats all you need! hope this helps you.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: huge problem ... [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2978199 - 08/08/04 02:23 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, i have a terrarium ( fruiting chamber ) set up like that ... When closed it has perfect humidity, light and temperature, but for 5 days it will use all the oxygen in there for sure ... If i use a filter paper instead of the lid, maybe i could get some air exchange ( but i doubt becose CO2 is heavyer than air and O2 is easyer ... ), so i should have a fan set up on a timer ... But there is a problem with that too becose weather here can get real stormy and lightning could damage the device and maybe cause a fire too ...

I don't know what other solutions do i have ... Should i find one BIG container, then put the container that im using now in this one, and fill the left over space in there with some water ( few cm's ... ) and close the whole thing ... I realy don't know ...

Guys, please help ...

Edited by baltazar (08/08/04 02:24 PM)

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2978218 - 08/08/04 02:29 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i did help...... if your terrarium has an air pump like the PMP then you just leave the lid cracked open just a tiny bit and everything will be kosher. and don't be so paranoid...... fire???? as long as your not using a heating pad then fire isn't really a concern. it's like saying i live like a hermit in the woods cause any house with electricity can catch fire. i'm not trying to be an asshole, don't get me wrong.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #2978234 - 08/08/04 02:35 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The big problem I see is ...
If theese babies fruit while you are away , they will fully mature , and dump loads of spores , thus messing up the grow chamber , also will fuck with future flushes , and ultimately the mushies that mature will rot , trashing the whole set up , thus requiring you to do a full clean up .
Got someone you can trust to watch and care for them ? And possibly harvest if needed ?
Good Luck
Ps Next time plan better is best advice I can share with you
Try refridgerating to slow the process down is another alternative .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisiblebaltazar
Quiet dreamer

Re: huge problem ... [Re: tripndicular]
    #2978429 - 08/08/04 04:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I will put theese cakes in the fridge untill the day when i go on vacation, and then let them to stay again at normal temp theese few days ... If it slows down then there actually shouldnt be a problem ...
I have 2 more questions- Can the cakes ( primordia ) be harmed if hold few days in fridge ? 
And what would happen if the cakes stay few days without air exchange ? Is the growth just going to stop and continue when it gets fresh O2 in there or can it mess up my cakes ...

ps. i didn't know that i'm going there untill today, my sister just invited me today ... If i knew that i would planed that out somehow ...

ps.ps. mycopsycho, im not realy paranoid, im just a little woried becose several times lightning storms caused damage with electrical devices in my house so mostly i unplug all devices when im away for a few days... Maybe the electrical systems in your place are more secure, but i know for my place :frown:

Edited by baltazar (08/08/04 04:04 PM)

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
    #2978447 - 08/08/04 04:07 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

i live in a 190 year old farm house, i doubt my electrical wiring is all that great (last time it was redone was in the 60's). if you are that "worried" then just go buy a surge protector and leave everything plugged in to that.

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Air Pump

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation