Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Hard ID, no picture, doing my best...
    #2976616 - 08/07/04 10:47 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

b. Characteristics of the gills (color, attached/not, gills/pores, etc) : very close together

c. Measurements of cap and stem.: 4-6" (had used cubensis before a few times and had never seen a shroom this large and beautiful looking)

d. Characteristics of the stem (color, texture, hollow/solid, thin/thick, etc): off-white/grey

e. Characteristics of the cap (color, texture, conical/spherical, convex/concave, etc): Rather flat, with a very light brown/whitish-grey color and a smooth, leathery texture.

That's what I know of it. I had one of these shrooms a few years ago and have yet to see another one similar. I ate it along with a couple small cubensis, and had the most intense trip of my life (saw "god" and all that lol). I've been looking for this shroom ever since then. That night was amazing...the trip was a completely smooth, non-body high trip with an intense feeling of conectivity to everything (organic and inorganic) around me, as I sat there just crying for hours listening to the silence and trying to express myself to my then-girlfriend (now wife).

I realize the details are sketchy, and I understand if no one has any answers. I'm still on my quest!

Edited by myndreach (08/07/04 10:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGumbyM
Fishnologist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BRICK CITY!
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hard ID, no picture, doing my best... [Re: myndreach]
    #2976624 - 08/07/04 10:52 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Eating unidentified mushrooms is a very bad idea.

What was your mushroom growing from? What color were the gills? Did it have a veil? What color did it bruise?

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hard ID, no picture, doing my best... [Re: Gumby]
    #2977545 - 08/08/04 07:41 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

It was a dried shroom, bought from a friend back in the days when I just bought them from a dealer. It was just in a bag with the others. I think it was possibly a golden teacher? Is that just psilocyb cubensis?

Invisiblekoraks
    #2977716 - 08/08/04 10:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

myndreach said:
It was a dried shroom

So you have actually no idea what kind of shroom it was, as it's nearly impossible to id dried specimens...

Quote:

I think it was possibly a golden teacher? Is that just psilocyb cubensis?

Golden Teacher is a popular Cubensis strain, yes. Again, it's nearly impossible to tell certain species apart if you only have a dried sample. Go figure your chances on positively iding a strain... Even if you have fresh Cubensis specimens it's usually impossible to tell if a specimen is Golden Teacher or B+ or some other strain.

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hard ID, no picture, doing my best... [Re: koraks]
    #2977794 - 08/08/04 11:37 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

After seeing thise picture http://www.ralphstersspores.com/golden_teacher.htm I am fairly positive it was a Golden Teacher, especially the shrooms in the left pic of that frame. Thanks for the help though!

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #2978076 - 08/08/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You couldn't tell a golden teacher from an anything- not becasue you're stupid or out of the loop, but because there is no way at all for you to macroscopically do so. There just isn't. No way in hell- positive or not. Nada- no way. Especially considering you asked several posts up "Is that just psilocybe cubensis?" And then from a PICTURE?! Be careful man. Nice to hear you had a good trip though. It's like when the pizza arrives and it's still oven hot.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Hard ID, no picture, doing my best... [Re: superblingtheory]
    #2978358 - 08/08/04 03:32 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I'm just saying that it was a whole shroom, dried but a bit "fleshy" still, and looked almost exactly like those shrooms in the picture.

So sometimes other shrooms look just like that?

OfflinePsilygirl
cyan goddess
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #2978367 - 08/08/04 03:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

golden teachers are just a *strain* of cubensis, despite what marketing ploys vendors put out there, it is impossible to separate by looking at the mushroom what strain it is--it is simply a cubensis.

however, strains can be selected for as far as other parameters go, such as fast growth, rhizomorphic, etc...

so as far as your trip goes, it probably had more to do with the way it hit you at that time in your life, the way your body was, etc (kind of like the way sometimes alcohol hits you quicker than other times) and not what mushroom it was

just my opinion

--------------------
"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing.' Between the two, my life flows."

Puget Sound Mycological Society

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification