Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
How do I get a more prolific pinning?
    #2976181 - 08/07/04 07:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Recently I got a job and due to this my mushies are left unattended for a lot of the day.  To make matters worse, my air conditioner is crap and I can't keep my temps down as much as I need.  Recently they have hovered at about 75-82F.  I fan them as often as I can and my gf helps.  I'd say they get fanned at least 4 times a day.  I have growlux lights on them approximately 12hrs a day.  My question was if irratic care can stunt them somehow and cause poor crops.  I have had more than enough so far, but nothing like in the pics I often see.  I would like to learn the best way to produce a heavy fruiting all over the casing.  Mine like to pop up in small groups of 3 or 4.  I have started injecting the casing with spring water every 5 or so days so that the don't dry out and I don't have to deal with misting and killing the few pins I do have.  What do you guys think my main problem is?  BTW, my casing is vermiculite, perlite, and peat, with pH adjusted.  One last question,  between flushes do you let the casing rest in incubation conditions for a day or two?  Thanks for the continued support, I recently pulled a mushie that was 2 ounces!  It measured 14" tall, and cap had diameter of 5".  It only managed to stand because it was between the edge of the casing and the edge of the tupperware container it was in.  I would appreciate any help you guys could give. :eek:

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinekiss5150
The SweetestPain

Loc: Indiana
Re: How do I get a more prolific pinning? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2976269 - 08/07/04 08:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Try the Straw Log tek...that sounds better suited to your needs..

Just my 2 cents.....

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: How do I get a more prolific pinning? *DELETED* [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2976281 - 08/07/04 08:09 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by TheHateCamel

Reason for deletion: r

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: How do I get a more prolific pinning? [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #2976334 - 08/07/04 08:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the tips, I've been thinking of trying other mediums for casing but find it hard to find the right materials. If I can ever find coco coir (I've checked local pet shops) I'll go for that. As for straw, I'm in a rural area but I'm scared to use the staw we have available because we like to spray everything with herbicides, pesticides, and fertilizers. Damn those chemicals. Thanks guys. I'm getting better with your help.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinekiss5150
The SweetestPain

Loc: Indiana
Re: How do I get a more prolific pinning? [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2976410 - 08/07/04 09:12 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You can get Coir off of ebay pretty cheap....Just buy a bale of it....it'll last forever!! I got two bales for 30 bux and I will never be able to use it all in the next year!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite, pH Test Strips

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation