Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: Strumpling]
    #2994806 - 08/12/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think most of us who enjoy his works appreciate him for his character and the ability to tell a good story that makes you think. I don't know about the rest of us but I have read a few McKenna books and although I don't necessarily go and think that his stuff is 'The Truth', though I entertain the possibility of the ideas, and I think they are interesting to ponder. Put it this way, there are a lot of worse authors etc. out there than McKenna.

If you ask me, a good story is at least as important as an uninspiring 'truth'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMAGnum
veteran

Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: zee_werp]
    #2995024 - 08/12/04 09:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I have never read any of McKenna's writings.

I have heard through this forum that he believes the mushroom brings humans foward in evolution.

While I doubt he is talking about genetic evolution, I agree with it in the fact that mushrooms have evolved me to be wiser.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: MAGnum]
    #2995480 - 08/12/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with it in the fact that mushrooms have evolved me to be wiser.

Evolution is quite distinct from learning.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSoulTech
Automated
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: fungusflip]
    #2997204 - 08/12/04 07:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm curious where your information about the Rockefellers funding the botanical garden in Hawaii came from ( I think the preserve is or was called botanical dimensions ). I'm also curious where you got the idea that the McKennas possessed classified knowledge or were you just joking?

Edited by SoulTech (08/12/04 07:04 PM)

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: Droz]
    #2997290 - 08/12/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

In my opinion, Terrence Mckenna fits very nicely in my list of respected authors.

Everyone lives their lives for their own entertainment. We do the things we consider to be stimulating. Whether this is drugs, school, work, what we go to school for, the jobs we look for, the music we listen to, the books we read.

Everyone capable of "free-thinking, in my book, is respected, no matter how my opinions were on their works (ie...Adolf Hitler.)

The great thing about Mckenna, which distinguised him from other theorists, was that he was completely open to disapproval from others in his theories. He would try to tear it apart as well as he would tear apart his own thinking, and then be apprieciative of remembering knowledge.

Transcedental. In every moment, otherwise you are subjecting yourself to blatent narrowness.

Everyone has great minds, and I have learned to apprieciate this. We do not all think alike, ever. The stars have that destined for us.

Thank the goddess and just slide.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: Droz]
    #3007914 - 08/16/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think somebody has to seem pretty "crazy" to get as much attention as he got.

A lot of people have gotten famous by finding a platform and talking outrageous talk... then once they've got a nice audience they start to give out their REAL messages..

I see it all over

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: Strumpling]
    #3008969 - 08/16/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Is it time for me to start delivering the "real message" now?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Terence Mckenna another piece of shit agent. [Re: Swami]
    #3010261 - 08/16/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think you've blown your wad all over this place :wink:

And I'm realking like REAL attention

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract