Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
Depression
    #2963480 - 08/04/04 08:25 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

To see if the large amount of people here have been depressed in the past.
And with depressed I mean close to suicide.
Have you been depressed and contemplated suicide?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (08/04/04 12:00 AM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Depression [Re: Fliquid]
    #2963537 - 08/04/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i've been depressed and i've thought about the option of suicide but NEVER thought it was a good option...
suicide is stupid!
things can only get better if you think they're so bad that you want to kill yr self!

i'm pretty sure everyone entertain the thought of suicide at some part in life... their were certin times i stood on a roof or near a window and suddenly imagined my self jumping and actualy felt the urge to do it but still... no way!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Invisibletyke
eschatologist

#2963630 - 08/04/04 09:44 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

been there. :sad: not currently there. :grin: hope never to go back. :shake:

--------------------
hey, that douchebag, tyke, just made a post. let's go flame 'im!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2965113 - 08/04/04 04:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I am suicidal pretty frequently and have been for a long time. But I will fight to the death.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: Locus]
    #2966682 - 08/05/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been suicidal as well, but when I look at things now.. I have to say I find it a shame to end things already, even though times are hard every once in a while.

Your own life is all you have for yourself, why end it before it ends on itself or by other reason?

I made this poll because I believe most drug users were depressed before or have become depressed due to drug use.

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2966981 - 08/05/04 06:12 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>I made this poll because I believe most drug users were
depressed before or have become depressed due to drug use.

Not what I'd call one of the smartest comments I've seen this week. People have a hell of a lot more reasons to be depressed than drug use. I was depressed LONG before I ever thought about trying drugs.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Re: Depression [Re: Gumby]
    #2966990 - 08/05/04 06:19 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

So what you're saying is that you didn' actually really read what I said?

Since I said:

- I made this poll because I believe most drug users were
depressed before

- or have become depressed due to drug use.

So this states clearly that I am not saying that drugs are the only reason for depression. Please try to explain what you are trying to say.

--------------------

Invisibletyke
eschatologist

#2967079 - 08/05/04 07:27 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

for what it's worth, drugs (the psychedelic ones anyway) have lessened my deppressive/suicidal tendencies. and, yes, being depressed certainly helped turn me in the direction of drug use to begin with.

i feel fortunate to have accepted psycedelics into my life. they've done wonders for my state of mind. that's not to say that i'm always happy or that it has been an easy road to travel. but they have helped me see the value in my own life, so even if i'm depressed suicide is no longer an option i'm willing to consider.

--------------------
hey, that douchebag, tyke, just made a post. let's go flame 'im!

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Re: Depression [Re: tyke]
    #2967265 - 08/05/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Drugs are primary factors in many peoples depression. Drugs are like the forbidden fruit, disrupts ballance and occupies your thoughts. You no longer rely on the things you use to for pleasure, or they don't bring you enough anymore. You know you could go for a walk on the beach, that always made you feel good, talking with friends at a restaurant, laying down with your girlfriend and watching a movie, sure those are fun, but not as fun as shooting up.

Not to mention withdrawal or come down, including long term chronic fatigue which is linked to certain stimulatory drug use and is the result of a low content of certain neurotransmitters including dopamine and serotonin amongst other things.

I've NEVER known a 'druggie' to not be depressed, when he doesen't have some kind of way to alter his consciousness. I've known ALOT of druggies too. You might say they were depressed before drug use. I say drugs are an excuse not to fix whats causing the depression in their life in the first place WHILE biologically making it worse.

As far as shroomin and trippin goes, that's a-ok in my books as long as its done in moderation.

Edited by i2ancid (08/05/04 09:47 AM)

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2967328 - 08/05/04 09:43 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

My depression and suicidal thoughts have come from years of hell in my life. I've gone through loads of really bad shit and it still continues. I endured all of it without drug use for years. For me that came later on. But I still barely use any drugs. Although, because of my situation it's not as available to me and if it was I would probably use more.

But surely as i2ancid mentioned, depression and drug use can cause an on going cycle that spirals downward. It's reciprocal in that the drugs alleviate depression but in return give you depression when you don't have them, as well as lowering the affectiveness of your neurotransmitters. It makes perfect sense, you get high and you want to always feel that way and whenever you don't then you're miserable.. depending on how bad it affects you, well that depends on how far into the drug use you are and what kind, etc. ya know.

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein

Offlineacoostick
Gonzo

Loc: Tennessee
Re: Depression [Re: I2ancid]
    #2972185 - 08/06/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

i2ancid said:
Drugs are primary factors in many peoples depression. Drugs are like the forbidden fruit, disrupts ballance and occupies your thoughts. You no longer rely on the things you use to for pleasure, or they don't bring you enough anymore. You know you could go for a walk on the beach, that always made you feel good, talking with friends at a restaurant, laying down with your girlfriend and watching a movie, sure those are fun, but not as fun as shooting up.

Not to mention withdrawal or come down, including long term chronic fatigue which is linked to certain stimulatory drug use and is the result of a low content of certain neurotransmitters including dopamine and serotonin amongst other things.

I've NEVER known a 'druggie' to not be depressed, when he doesen't have some kind of way to alter his consciousness. I've known ALOT of druggies too. You might say they were depressed before drug use. I say drugs are an excuse not to fix whats causing the depression in their life in the first place WHILE biologically making it worse.

As far as shroomin and trippin goes, that's a-ok in my books as long as its done in moderation.

i guess this applies to all drugs *besides* psychedelics and sometimes marijuana which are the 2 main drugs on this site. psychedelics (specially fungi) help you find whats wrong with your life so you can fix it, think about all the thinking one does.

--------------------
Shine On,           

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2972746 - 08/06/04 04:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Gumby said:
>I made this poll because I believe most drug users were
depressed before or have become depressed due to drug use.

Not what I'd call one of the smartest comments I've seen this week. People have a hell of a lot more reasons to be depressed than drug use. I was depressed LONG before I ever thought about trying drugs.

OK, then you're an exception to his statement. You're not everyone.

I became very depressed after the repeated use of psychedelics, and I know of many others.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2973819 - 08/06/04 09:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just think it's useless to try to make any link between drug use and depression. There's plent of stright edged depressed people out there.

Are you trying to say that people were depressed, and turned to illicit drugs to cure it? Drugs as an escape type thing?

That's the way I interperet it.

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2974332 - 08/07/04 12:46 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You don't think drug use is escapism?

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2974525 - 08/07/04 01:53 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

For some people, sure.

For me?
No.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #2974536 - 08/07/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Only when I was a virgin busting to get my rocks off LoL!

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #2974593 - 08/07/04 02:37 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ah, so what is it for you then.. enlightenment?

--------------------

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#2977222 - 08/08/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, self exploration, learning, if not just plain fun.

Invisiblephalloidin

#2977533 - 08/08/04 05:17 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I haven't been suicidal since I was like 13. I've been feeling down a lot lately, but mostly because of stupid shit that is completely within my control. I'm more angry with myself than anything else, and in weird way, I think that is all the more reason to live. Life is about making yourself a better person, and as such, I've got plenty of shit to work on.

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Depression [Re: Simisu]
    #2978667 - 08/08/04 03:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I find that alot of people in Shroomery are drug users, and some are abusers.

One can easily link depression and drug use, it just makes sense.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale