Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Loc: GA
North/South Problem
    #2961286 - 08/03/04 05:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

wutup everyone . . .

I got this problem and was wondering if maybee you guys could give me a little help to end it. Here we go. Im a jersey boy. Lived in jersey my whole life until i moved and now Im here in Georgia. Alot of people make fun of the way I talk and when I say words like water, coffee, dog etc.Im really fuckin tired of it. I have no problem with southern people, and now I come here and now theirs this rebel flag shit and a bunch of damn racists. Dont get me wrong, I have made some very good friends down here that are southern. So recently, I had left my house because a person living with me called the cops on another for assault and I left becuz i was holding about a quarter of bud and 3 rolls.

I leave and I see one of the people that I had a confrontation with before about myself being from the north (along with 3 of his buddies). I was tryin not to look at him but he sed sumthin and I walked over to him and tried to talk with him and settle differences. But the fucker kept goin on about me bein a Yankee and walked over to me and got really close so I pushed him. He pushed back. Now im not a small person, but I dont think Id be able to take 4 fuckin people at once, plus I had alot of shit in my pocket. Im like 205 lbs. 6'2. But, I dont eat bullshit so after he pushed me I decked him, and he fell. He never got up after that but his friends came quickly, and I knew i was gonna egt jumped unless i did something. I picked up this branch that had some weight on it, and stood my ground, but the kids kinda circled me. When the kid on my left side came in so did the rest and I bashed one dude with it, and he fell. I got tackled down and got fucked up really bad after that. Im pretty much used to getting in fights by now so it didnt really effect me that badly. What the fuck is wrong with some people. You know, they say "southern hospitality" but I havent seen it. They say northeners are assholes. Well, Ive seen nicer people from new york and jersey than I have ever met down here. Maybee I just havent met the right people. My friends down here are from the south but they are mostly black and the ones that arent oddly have no accent and dont act like the people I got in the fight with. I here some of the shit that racists say here, and it makes me SOOO angry. I have an opportunity to move back to jersey, but i am reluctant to due to the following. I like hutning mushrooms and cultivating. I wouldnt be able to do that up north and I dont know whether to stay or go. Anywayz any input would be appreciated.
Thx for reading if ya got this far . . .
XxShroominxX

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: North/South Problem [Re: ShroominDawg]
    #2961489 - 08/03/04 06:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

You'll find shitty people everywhere man.... (try not to stereotype too much)

Anyways, you shouldn't have gone to them man. .... didn't you kinda know what was gonna happen?

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #2961583 - 08/03/04 07:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Get some friends together and jump them. Break their fucking ribs.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Re: North/South Problem [Re: downforpot]
    #2961604 - 08/03/04 07:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well fuck them. I did more damage to them than they did to me. I know I broke that one kids nose when I punched him. And as for the other dude, I had so much of his blood on my shirt it looked like i went on a murder spree when i went back home. He was drippin on me the whole time i was gettin jumped. But its cool, he'll get whats comin to him. One day he'll be up north by himself, and hes gonna open his mouth to the wrong person.

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #2962844 - 08/04/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well it is becoming a part of southern life
more and more northerners coming down
as such, the southerners are trying to cling to what they view as a dying way of life
trust me, i moved to the south from connecticut about 10 years ago
so i certainly feel your pain
you have proved yourself somewhat
but it probably won't stop from these kids
eventually it will
and you will learn to ignore each other
and you will make more friends down here
the cultures aren't really that different
just minor differences that seem to be magnified by those who are around us

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Edited by muse_sick (08/04/04 01:08 AM)

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2965399 - 08/04/04 06:10 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Coming from the south i can tell you that the people you tangled with were just assholes. Really depends what part of GA your in. Like if your anywhere near the metro atlanta area most people are fairly nice, but if your in the rural areas theres some pretty rough fellas who wont take kindly to people who are different or have a different accent.

Of course ive seen black kids beat the shit out of any kids who had a southern accent.

Just assholes man theres one in every region,race,creed.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2968435 - 08/05/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

yep up here in idaho anyone who had a southern accent was fucking rebuked. so don't think that everyones welcome everywhere. you just need to find the right people. good luck.

OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Re: North/South Problem [Re: PuZuZu]
    #2969655 - 08/05/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, thats tru. Their are assholes everywhere, but Ill make it through. Thanks for all your replies. I really appreciate your input.
XxShroominxX

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #2969930 - 08/05/04 08:59 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

being a southern "Good'ol Boy" I would say you have a problem

The real problem is culture shock. So Ill be more than happy to give ya a helping hand. :wink:

Quote:

ShroominDawg said:
I got this problem and was wondering if maybee you guys could give me a little help to end it. Here we go. I'm a jersey boy. Lived in jersey my whole life until i moved and now I'm here in Georgia.

That makes you a YANKEE! There are lots of southerns that will be more than happy to point this out. Your responce should be

"Sure I was born and raised up north but I got to <Insert Southern state name here> as soon as I could!"

This tends to be a good ice breaker and lets them know that you can take some joshing.

Quote:

Alot of people make fun of the way I talk and when I say words like water, coffee, dog etc.Im really fuckin tired of it.

Start expecting it! When they make fun of the way you talk, In your best southern accent say "I am trying to get the accent down but it is harder than it sounds." It defuses the situation and in some ways lets you make fun of the southern accent. Just don't go overboard.

Quote:

I have no problem with southern people, and now I come here and now theirs this rebel flag shit and a bunch of damn racists.

From the above statement I take it that you are black, But I have no real idea.

The first thing that you need to know is that we lost the war. The rebel flag down here is not always a raciest statement as much as it is a statement of independents. The flag has a lot of meaning that the northern people do not understand. Our great-great-great grand parents fought and some died for that flag! With out getting into a long drawn out explanation, just remember that the civil war was not just about slavery. It was about states rights. The ultimate right to leave the USA and form an independent nation when we felt that the USA was no longer a right and just place.

As to the subject of racists, There are racists in every state, city, and town in the US. The southern ones are just a little more out spoken. Eather steer clear of them or join a group fighting racism.

Quote:

Don't get me wrong, I have made some very good friends down here that are southern.

It is good to hear that not all the southerners you have met have been assholes. There are many good ones but the bad apples seem to smell the most.

Quote:

I leave and I see one of the people that I had a confrontation with before about myself being from the north (along with 3 of his buddies). I was trying not to look at him but he sed sumthin and I walked over to him and tried to talk with him and settle differences. But the fucker kept goin on about me bein a Yankee and walked over to me and got really close so I pushed him.

Mistake #1

Quote:

He pushed back.

expected responce

Quote:

Now im not a small person, but I dont think Id be able to take 4 fuckin people at once, plus I had alot of shit in my pocket. Im like 205 lbs. 6'2. But, I dont eat bullshit so after he pushed me I decked him, and he fell.

again, expected responce.

Quote:

He never got up after that but his friends came quickly, and I knew i was gonna egt jumped unless i did something.

He was goating you and you jumped in and started swinging.

Next time (If there is one), Stand chest to chest and insult him back. Let him through the first punch. His friends may have stepped in because you attacked him (From there point of view). If he had thrown the first punch and you beat the crap out of him then he looks like an idiot. (It is a southern thing around here.)

Quote:

Maybee I just haven't met the right people. My friends down here are from the south but they are mostly black and the ones that aren't oddly have no accent and dont act like the people I got in the fight with.

The people you got into a fight with were "Red Necks" most of them are  bigger assholes that NY City Cops.

It will get better! It will take some time to get adjusted to the way things are in the south. Just remember that most southerners are relaxed and laid back. Sure there are ass holes! Just avoid them, Ignore them, Don't befriend them, Or if in Texas goat them into a fight them shoot them in self defiance.  :laser:

OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
    #2970408 - 08/05/04 11:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We have the same over here in ol' blighty, the north south divide. My mate got his head kicked in when he moved up north for "being a dirty southern cunt" to quote the bloke and two girls then did him over. Hes now blind in one eye after one of the girls put her stilleto in his eye :o hes got the last laught though, ?16,000 compensation which is paying for his trip around the world... lucky so and so.

Peace

OfflineShroominDawg
Fellow Shroomer

Re: North/South Problem [Re: MorbidHamster]
    #2970942 - 08/06/04 03:09 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks cyber for spending your time to make your points. They make alot of sense that way and I saw things from a different viewpoint. I laughed when you said culture shock becuase I remember learning that a while back in sociology class. But, anywayz just wanted to say thanks . . . and Ill try that if I get into another confrontation. Alright, well I guess Ill see ya around the forums man. Oh yeah, by the way, not that it makes a difference or anything, I am white. I just dont like racism or racists. I grew up with a mix of people of all sorts of race, so I guess you could see why. But anywayz thanks again. Peace man.

OfflineSuperLazy
As lazy as theycome

#2971507 - 08/06/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Not everyone in the south is like that man. I live here and people are pretty tolerant. I can't speak for the people you know but it sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I went to Rochester. All sorts of people made fun of my accent, I think they're just bustin your chops. :peace:

--------------------
" Don't ration your compassion " - unknown

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #2971961 - 08/06/04 12:32 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroominDawg said:
Thanks cyber for spending your time to make your points. They make alot of sense that way and I saw things from a different viewpoint.

If you ever want a southern openion or want to just vent feel free to drop me a PM. I know how tough it can be.

Quote:

I laughed when you said culture shock because I remember learning that a while back in sociology class. But, anywayz just wanted to say thanks . . .

You are quite welcome. I was a little worried when I posted it because some of it was tong in cheek.

Quote:

Oh yeah, by the way, not that it makes a difference or anything, I am white. I just don't like racism or racists. I grew up with a mix of people of all sorts of race, so I guess you could see why. But anyways thanks again. Peace man.

It really does not make any difference to me. I would venture to guess that it does not matter to anyone on this board. I just have to admit that it can be harder on a black person from the north. There are a lot of old farts around here that do not understand that a person it a person!

I too grew up around people of all races and colors. I think it gives both of us a good prospective on life. As the baby boomer's age and die off, I believe that much of the racism will go away. They are the last generation to know segregation first hand. Many of them hold the same views as they did in the 50's and 60's.

I wish you luck and hope you have a better time.  :thumbup:

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
Re: North/South Problem [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2974127 - 08/06/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm also a redneck and we treat everyone the same here. we have a lot of people from the north retireing here.You just ran into some assholes. I have been on the receiving end also. I had to move north with my parents when i was in high school. I was really teased about my accent. I used it to the good. the chicks really dug it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies