Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemush20
Stranger
Getting the most outa a syringe.
    #2973460 - 08/06/04 09:51 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I have 2 nice aquariums, a pc, air pumps, fans, auq heater, polyfill and more. Now its time to buy a syringe. I plan on only having to buy 1 and since im a newb to this I may f up. So how can I get the most outa a syringe with little experience? As in what is (in your opinion) the easyest way of preserving the strain I buy with easily obtainable items from the store? So I have a lot of leway and dont have to worry about messing up and having to buy another one. Honey? Carol? ect? Agar plates will come later after I build a flow hood "Hopefully".

I will be doing cakes at first till I get the hang of it. So what strains seem to do good on cakes that can handle newbi abuse lol. Main consern is temps, 60 low to 90 high? (in your opinion) that is.

To me it sounds like 1 drop should contain enough spores for any amount of substrate, givin maybe a longer incubation time..... it only takes 2 to tango right?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Loc: Center of the Known Unive...
Re: Getting the most outa a syringe. [Re: mush20]
    #2973488 - 08/06/04 09:56 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What happened to all your fish?

Karo tek baby!

since yur an expert this will be a piece o cake!

peace

InvisibleNOS4A2
Sh!tApple

Loc: notfarfromtheshittree Flag
Re: Getting the most outa a syringe. [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2973801 - 08/06/04 11:37 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

what kind of excuse for a reply is that psylly?

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Re: Getting the most outa a syringe. [Re: NOS4A2]
    #2973815 - 08/06/04 11:44 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

well its the truth.......if u wanna make 1 jolt go far.......I would use the karo(Honey) tek......he/she has said that he/she doesnt have a great sterile inviroment.......(no hood)

so its my opinion that a karo tek done properly can extend the life of 1 jolt........

peace

-----------------------

ask me another dumb question?

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #2974075 - 08/07/04 01:04 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Screw the Karo tek.

Since you have a PC and polyfil I assume you plan to work with whole grains. Use a cc or two from your syringe to inoculate your first jar. After full colonization is achieved use that jar to start others via g2g transfers. When those colonize do it again.

Be sure to print the first couple of big caps that you get.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

InvisiblePsyllyMe
LOST.......
Re: Getting the most outa a syringe. [Re: dog]
    #2974106 - 08/07/04 01:13 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

G2g is not in the menu..............he wanted a way to get the most bang outta 1 shot with little experience......and said he has little equipment......

I agree G2G is better if you have some experience, and some equipment............

peace

Offlinemush20
Stranger
Re: Getting the most outa a syringe. [Re: PsyllyMe]
    #2974364 - 08/07/04 02:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I used to have goldfish many years ago. I just went through my garage and found most of the stuff. I even had a big bag of polyfill hidden away lol. I only had to buy a new pc today at sears for $50, a bit cheasy but its 15 psi and holds 7 pint jars.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #2974896 - 08/07/04 10:14 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm a newbie and I did exactly as dog suggested. Just use sterile procedures. I work in the bathroom (after I remove everything) with 2 HEPA filters (for two hours before I work) going (got one on ebay for 1 dollar plus 15 S&H, found 1 in my attic after). Then I spray everything down with lysol with bleach and wipe down. Sterilize the fork I'm using with a butane flame and alcohol, I also use presterilized disposible scalpels. Have had no problems with grain to grain trasvers of 24 jars over 3 strains at 3 different times since I started growing over the last three weeks. I also made 10 petri dishes (with no flow hood, knocked up in the same place) of one of my strains (Z) just in case I failed at the grain to grain transfer but alas I didnt and now have 10 petri dishes I dont need because grain to grain is so friggen easy. Can make 16 jars out of 1 and they colonize in a week instead of two. By the way I did take a petri dish and cut a peice out and knock up a jar with that...took longer to show growth but was a small chunk and is now tearing away at the jar.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Air Pump, HEPA Filter, Laminar Flow Hood, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation