Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
40 minutes of down time.
    #2972567 - 08/06/04 05:54 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That's a good bit longer than Gdubs 7.

Friday, Aug. 6, 2004
Hypocrite Kerry 'Couldn't Think' for 40 Minutes on 9/11

John Kerry is getting his comeuppance for his snotty comments about President Bush's actions on 9/11.

Story Continues Below

Here's what the Massachusetts Democrat said July 8 when Larry King asked where he was on 9/11, according to CNN's own transcript:

'Nobody Could Think'

"I was in the Capitol. We'd just had a meeting - we'd just come into a leadership meeting in Tom Daschle's office, looking out at the Capitol. And as I came in, Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid were standing there, and we watched the second plane come in to the building. And we shortly thereafter sat down at the table and then we just realized nobody could think, and then boom, right behind us, we saw the cloud of explosion at the Pentagon. And then word came from the White House, they were evacuating, and we were to evacuate, and so we immediately began the evacuation."

How appropriate that Kerry lumps himself in with fellow leftist do-nothing non-thinkers such as Boxer, Daschle and Reid.

Thanks to the several readers today who sent us this fascinating bit from Blog for Bush: "the second plane hit the World Trade Center at 9:03 a.m., and the plane hit the Pentagon at 9:43 a.m. By Kerry's own words, he and his fellow senators sat there for forty minutes, realizing 'nobody could think.'"

And here's what former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani told the New York Post about Kerry's latest display of insolence:

"John Kerry must be frustrated in his campaign if he is armchair-quarterbacking based on cues from Michael Moore.

"John Kerry is an indecisive candidate [with] an inconsistent position on the War on Terror, who voted against funding for our troops and who cannot give a clear answer on his position concerning the decision to remove Saddam Hussein."

Check the facts before slamming the source.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2972585 - 08/06/04 05:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, but he wasn't the commander and chief at the time. Huge difference.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: barfightlard]
    #2972865 - 08/06/04 07:06 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Of course there's a difference, but it's typical.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2973045 - 08/06/04 07:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

No shit. Now that he has come out and attacked Bush for staying calm with the kids, I would have love to go back and be a fly on the wall in that room with that cunt Boxer.

Kerry didn't even have the leadership qualities to get his own ass out of the building without being told to do so! WOO HOO!

I don't know what I would have done if I was President. I was at work on September 11th. Somebody turned on the news because they were saying a small plane had gone astray and accidentally crashed into the World Trade Center. When then second plane hit, everyone knew that our country was under attack. Some people started crying. Nobody could work. All at once a cocoon had been shatered. All I knew for sure was that the world just changed, and it wasn't for the better.

9-11 was a watershed moment in American history. If forced a paradigm shift on how we view the rest of the world. It takes much longer than 7 minutes or 7 days to come to grasp the new realities and repercussions of those events.

We have never had a President live and on tape at the moment he was informed that our country was being attacked. That footage gets lampooned by Michael Moore, and it makes fun cartoons for Learyfan and his ilk. That picture actually makes me pretty emotional. Not because I am partisan, but because I love my country. I think it is sad that Kerry made an issue of that, especially now that his own admission of initial confusion has come to light. I don't know anyone that wasn't a little dazed and confused on 9-11.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2974900 - 08/07/04 10:16 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, Kerry should have quickly contacted his people to see if he needed to authorize the shooting down of a plane or planes.

Oh wait......Bush and Cheney were the only ones who could do that.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Brass Toads - In The Back Of My Mind

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: Learyfan]
    #2974910 - 08/07/04 10:24 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

He should have called in his keepers private jet and rammed those terrorists.

Face it, those of you who'll vote for Kerry have cast your lot for an jackass. While Bush is no prize those many of us who'll most likely vote for him at least do so while holding our nose while the Kerry voters seem to be waltzing right in with their eyes and minds closed.

Vote for me..... I'm not Bush! How very inspirational.

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2974925 - 08/07/04 10:33 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So Kerry is a man of inaction too? Does this make Bush the right man for the job? It's funny, one of the first things I thought on 9/11 was, "Shouldn't they scramble fighter jets when there's a hijacked airliner?"

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
Loc: Inguland
Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: Evolving]
    #2974929 - 08/07/04 10:35 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I say get them to mud-wrestle. Fuck voting. I'd say American politics is not far off pro-wrestling at the moment, actually...

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: deafpanda]
    #2974936 - 08/07/04 10:41 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You are correct, it's all a staged show. I was watching the news last night and it seems the biggest topic was Kerry's Vietnam record. The reason? The differences between Kerry & Bush policy wise are mostly cosmetic. We're gonna get ass raped (again), it's just a matter of asking which gang's leader are you gonna give it up to first.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2974949 - 08/07/04 10:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Evolving said:
It's funny, one of the first things I thought on 9/11 was, "Shouldn't they scramble fighter jets when there's a hijacked airliner?"

That could have upset the kids though.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: Brass Toads - In The Back Of My Mind

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2974950 - 08/07/04 10:56 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

what an objective article!!! good job finding something that is 100% slanted to the dark side. please don't post articles from right wing tabloid websites and expect them to be taken seriously  :smirk: they are really pushing it..so kerry's brain stopped working for 40 mins!!?!?!? he litterly couldnt think??? words amuse me because they can be interperted to say whatever you wan them to. i doubt senators know as much or are told  as much the pres, maybe they didnt know what was going on...they hadnt been briefed, they were watching in disbelief with the rest of us...the look on bush's face during that 7 mins is priceless because he knew exactly what was going on and didnt know what to do!! i think you guys are starting to realize bush is a lame duck, articles like this mean your desperate...

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2974963 - 08/07/04 11:05 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

KingOftheThing said:
words amuse me because they can be interperted to say whatever you wan them to.

You can also use a wide variety of them and arrange them in different ways to express thoughts and opinions. They are remarkable that way.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2975150 - 08/07/04 01:29 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
He should have called in his keepers private jet and rammed those terrorists.

Face it, those of you who'll vote for Kerry have cast your lot for an jackass. While Bush is no prize those many of us who'll most likely vote for him at least do so while holding our nose while the Kerry voters seem to be waltzing right in with their eyes and minds closed.

Vote for me..... I'm not Bush! How very inspirational.

bush's stance on offshoring my jobs blows ass.

I'll be voting democrat this year for sure.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: Barbi]
    #2975340 - 08/07/04 02:53 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Please describe for us a rough outline of the form of any legislation you think would be appropriate to protect your particular job and why you might think this would benefit anyone beside yourself.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2975392 - 08/07/04 03:09 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Stopping offshoring of IT jobs to places like India DIRECTLY benefits the IT industry employees who are already in a shitty world of dot com failure and internet explosion overload.

I work for a company thats based in india and the US, I'm here in the states. This company does support. So far the indians a) cannot do the job properly b) piss customers off beacuse of their thick accents. c) take away jobs from qualified people in the US.

Why should I suffer so india can prosper with my job? replace 'my' with any It industry person's name.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2975407 - 08/07/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Does this make Bush the right man for the job?

I'm sorry. Did I type that somewhere and forget I said it?

--------------------

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
    #2975408 - 08/07/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Because capitalism dictates that if something is cheaper, it will be done  :wink:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2975417 - 08/07/04 03:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Actually, the reason I posted the article was to point out what a hypocrite Kerry is.

I know Bush sucks but many are rallying behind a self confessed war criminal. That amuses me to no end.

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: 40 minutes of down time. [Re: deafpanda]
    #2975419 - 08/07/04 03:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

and its my choice to invoke my right to make sure my government does whats best for me and my family, and my fellow countrymen, which isnt always big business's best idea.

Offlinedeafpanda
Stranger
    #2975434 - 08/07/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Certainly is, captain.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion