Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Sinicuichi Extraction
    #2972230 - 08/06/04 04:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I made a post in the Other Drugs Discussion forum but not much information was turned up and then I realized that the reason was probably because that wasn't the correct forum to post in. Anyways, I've come across an ounce of sinicuichi and am looking for the best way to take it. I was originally just going to make a tea out of 10 grams or so but then I saw on erowid that there was someone that made an extraction. I was just wondering, have any of you guys used sinicuichi before? And, if you have, what is the best way that you've found works best (way to take)? There's very little information on this herb online or in the forums so I thought I'd bring it up.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Sinicuichi Extraction [Re: BioSore]
    #2972248 - 08/06/04 04:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well, you have to ask yourself, what are the active constituents in this plant and what are they soluble in. Once you find this information you may proceed to make an extraction of the material. How do you plan on consuming the extract? Smoking? Some people(felixhigh) find that smoking sinicuichi produces very noticable changes in consiousness while others get nothing what so ever from the material. good luck.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Sinicuichi Extraction [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2972310 - 08/06/04 04:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I plan on smoking the extract. I've read on erowid that it should be soluble in methanol.

Offlinethe man
still tappin caps

Loc: C A N A D A
    #2972392 - 08/06/04 05:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

make sure its totaly dry :smile:

peace

--------------------
http://www.fsrc.caand FSRE are now accepting edible/medicinal spores. please donate

And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Sinicuichi Extraction [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2973605 - 08/06/04 10:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hi people...
i attribute the strength of the sample i tried to its freshness, which is something harder to attain when dealing with delays caused by overseas shipping until it hits your favourite vendor  now you can imagine it's quality when it reaches the final customer... indeed it would very hard to make them arrive potent without growing them.

i think you can expect your product to be a bit weaker an extraction isn't a bad idea!

i would start reading about it's primary alkaloids and check where they're soluble at, polar or non-polar solvents (you gotta know where you wanna go before you go out)...

my _GUESS_ is that it is polar soluble (water), so a tea would work (it is known to work, i've seen some reports at least), or perhaps you could make 'heimia oil', using strong alcohol (~90%)... this oil should be crazyness. but don't do it without being sure of what you're doing i'm GUESSING...

search on the net pal! let those lazy fingers work a bit!
www.erowid.org

FH :sun:

Edited by felixhigh (08/06/04 10:28 PM)

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #2978115 - 08/08/04 01:42 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Find some one who sales small live Heimias and buy one. They are very easy to grow. A very forgiving plant.

I believe freshness is a serious issue with this plant. Your best bet is to grow your own.

If you're going to grow from seed, it will take along time for it to mature enough to be used.

I got a rooted cutting from a friend that was almost dead (hadn't been watered in a long time). I took it home and babied it for a couple of weeks and it turned around quickly. It started putting out shoots like a mad man! Once it out grew the pot I took it out and planted it in the ground.

These plants are very hardy. They can withstand all kinds of weather.

Don't waste your time and money on pre-dried foliage; just buy a live one and grow your own. About the hardest part in growing Heimia is watering it. Just give it a little water every day. Hell I don't even water mine every day!

EI

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Sinicuichi Extraction [Re: entheoindole]
    #2978636 - 08/08/04 05:14 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice, nice, thanks for the information. There's very little online about this plant at all. Also, I don't know much about growing but will certainly look into it; however, I do have a question about this plant. Does it survive well during winter? I'm from Minnesota so we go through quite a harsh winter and small growing seasons.

Invisibleentheoindole
Seāð Wīdfarend
 User Gallery

Loc: Eormensyll, Vīnland
    #2983104 - 08/09/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure about Minnesota but it withstands 30 and below here in northern Florida. I got mine from a friend in Georgia. His mother plant is about 8 ft. tall and bushy it's planted in the ground there also. He overwinters it outside there too.

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
    #2983135 - 08/09/04 08:49 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, over here we go a little below 0 degrees F on a regular basic, so I guess it probably wouldn't last very well outside. I'm thinking that I might try to find a suitable way of bringing it in for the winter see if I can find a way to get it to last through the cold seasons.

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

#2983372 - 08/09/04 10:03 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

finally someone who agrees with me that heimia is a very powerful herb when properly harvested and that freshness is the key...

FH

OfflineBioSore
Drunken' Irish
Re: Sinicuichi Extraction [Re: felixhigh]
    #2983713 - 08/09/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Out of curiosity, have either of you heard of anyone growing sinicuichi inside? Since it can grow up to 8 feet tall, I think that it'd be rather hard to do, but if it's cut at the correct times it seems like it wouldn't be to hard. Or are the environmental preperations too hard to make it a house plant - a large house plant?

Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

#2984939 - 08/10/04 07:48 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i believe it needs too much light to be grown indoors, unless you provide that lighting.
anyways, i've never seen anyone bother to do that!

FH

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden