Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehonguito
Stranger
Confused about Mexican shrooms
    #2966654 - 08/05/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, last month I tried shrooms for the first time, I tried the Mexican variety Psilocybe cubensis that I bought in a shroom store in Amsterdam, they seemed really recognizable for me so I thought I could find them in the forest "la primavera" In guadalajara Mexico where I live, everybody goes there in the search for magic mushrooms, its widely known in the state. the first one is the picture of the shrooms we got in amsterdam with a salad we made:

But then when doing my research I found more pictures of the Psilocybe shrooms, and they seemed widely different in many of the pictures, now I don't know if there are 2 varieties of the mexican mushrooms, psilocybe mexicana and psilocybe cubensis?, here is a picture of the psilocybe mexicana I found on this forum,

this second one looks like mushrooms that grow everywhere in guadalajara, even in backyards, so either guadalajara is full of magic shrooms, or all shrooms look the same, and it would be dangerous to look for them in nature.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: honguito]
    #2966665 - 08/05/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Psilocybe cubensis and Psilocybe mexicana are two different species.

However, there are several strains of Psilocybe cubensis...One is Mexicana.

Now Psilocybe mexicana and Psilocybe cubensis will most likely both be growing in the tropical regions of mexico during the rainy season (now). I was under the impression that Psilocybe mexicana's are quite rare in general. To beginning shroom hunters, yes, its potentially dangerous to mushroom hunt and injest a mushroom that just looks similar. To the untrained eye, mushrooms look similar. Once you familiarize yourself with mushrooms, you will see the differences.

My advice to you is to first start looking for Psilocybe cubensis in cow pastures. They grow directly out of the dung, and are robust, and have that certain smell to them. They are the same that you ate in the salad in your first picture.

Of course, always,always,always get a POSITIVE ID before consuming ANYTHING. Best would be getting pictures and posting them here for us to ID for you. You dont want to trust someone who doesn't know what they are talking about.

Offlinehonguito
Stranger
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: angryshroom]
    #2966684 - 08/05/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for your help, yes actually people say the magic shrooms grow in manure at la primavera forest, I saw a picture and they look very similar to the first picture, the diferrence is that they have umbrella heads while the ones I bought had circular head, was that maybe because they were cut already?.

Is it safe to just eat them from the manure or there is a procedure like washing and stuff be4 eating them?

Offlinethearmedforces
Disco Shroomerat 4:20

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #2969405 - 08/05/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Brush them off with a toothbrush. Psilocybin (one of the actvive chemicals) is water soluble so dont wash it with water.

--------------------

"It is only those who do nothing who make no mistakes."
-Peter Kropotkin

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2971221 - 08/06/04 08:11 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

the mushrooms in the saladd (beautiful salad btw!) hadn't fully matured yet, that is why they didn't have the umbrella heads.  The mature psilocybe cubensis will have a bigger, open cap with gills on it.  If you pick them before maturity, the psilocin and psilocybin content will be more concentrated.  Do you have a camera?  It would be great if you could show us some pictures.  I am really interested in what the mexican mushrooms you find look like. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlinehonguito
Stranger
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2977323 - 08/08/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I think I made a terrible mistake by not taking pictures and not bringing any back, cuz I went to the forest thinking it would be hard to find them but we actually did, what I found was similar to this picture i found on the internet:

the similarities were: the shape, the black ring-like thing on the shaft, they had purple like gills, that is good isnt it?, and the smelled just like the ones I ate in amsterdam, is that supposed to be characteristic of this species or all mushies smell the same?.

the difference was: the color of the head was light brown or copper-like, and from what i;ve seen in the pictures, these mushrooms are more whitish, the ones that i found didnt have much white on the head, that's why I didnt pick them up.

Were they a close match, cuz I think they were.

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #2979445 - 08/08/04 09:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hey CONGRATULATIONS you found some San Isidro mushrooms...

Asi que vives en guadalajara? yo estudio aya y he ido a comer champis por atras del concentro por ahi tambien salen un putero.

Deja te pongo unas fotos del psilocibe mexicana, aya les dicen pajaritos y no no salen en todas partes solo salen en el campo donde puedas encontrar de los otros pero hay muchos parecidos que pueden ser venenosos es m?s dificil reconocerlos pero una vez que te la sabes es f?cil porque su olor es muy particular y su sabor mas...
[image]http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/072802-33/24379-thumb_mexicana2.jpg[/image]

Offlinehonguito
Stranger
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: AIRDOG]
    #2979971 - 08/09/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Que onda cabron, Hey like I was saying, they were almost the same, the psilocibe mexicana I decided not to look for those because they seem harder to distinguish, the Sain Isidro I found them in la primavera, my friend is got a piece of land there and there is some cow manture there.

Do you know spots where I could find more cubensis and pajaritos?, where is concentro?

Offlinehonguito
Stranger
    #2980019 - 08/09/04 12:32 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

another thing, how many pajaritos do i need to eat to get light, normal or high effects?

Offlineamaranthine
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: AIRDOG]
    #26092328 - 07/05/19 09:43 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

Concentro is by Av Vallarta & Periferico.

oye, Airdog que onda cabron. soy nuevo a este sitio. tmb vivo en GDL. todavia andas por aqui o que pex?:cool:

InvisibleShenmue
Dark Lord of the Sith 
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: amaranthine]
    #26092333 - 07/05/19 09:53 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

The Mexican shamans believe mushrooms that grow out of manure are basically trash lol. That's why I dont believe in shamanism 🤷‍♂️. Cubes took some money out of their pockets so it's the poopy mushrooms that suck lol. They prefer the species that was used for human sacrifice 🤣.

Edited by Shenmue (07/05/19 09:54 PM)

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
Re: Confused about Mexican shrooms [Re: Shenmue]
    #26092497 - 07/06/19 02:06 AM (4 years, 8 months ago)

amaranthine, ya no vivo en guadalajara, antes el "clavo era ahí en concentro... habia, pero estamos hablando de hace 14 años... que ni estaba el estadio omnilife... la verdad ya no creo que haya nada ahí pero... por ahí pueden meterse y buscar prados con vacas y tendrán suerte...

pero si no hay prados de vaspues olvidense.... la urbanización ha acabado con muchísimos lugares para la caceria, tanto en guadalajara como en todos lados...tengo como 20 años cazando hongos y se me he aguitado de donde antes era un prado buenisimo ahora son fraccionamientos. y hay puras casas donde antes habia champis

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale