Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Mamma's secret recipe for PT.
    #2956999 - 08/02/04 03:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I was hesitating to bring this up but decided I would go ahead and share Mamma's secret recipes for poppy tea (This applies to legal poppies only *I.E. california poppy, Absolutely not to be applied to papaver somniferum as making tea with this plant is illegal). I also will not tolerate any discussion of sources for pods.

Everyone knows PT tastes like shit. But if you partake several days a week you get use to the taste, and actually start to enjoy it. I suppose its sort of the same thing with coffee and beer. Mamma has been drinking tea for about 5 years now and has tried many methods. Many people come to mamma asking for her secrets and she was kind enough to reveal them to me and I will pass them on here. Mamma is famous for making invisible tea.. She can make it so you can't tell the difference between regular coffee and the tea.. In fact, she once played a cruel trick on an unrulely mother in law. She made a batch of Coffee Tea (this is what she calls it) and gave her a few cups. Grandmamma in law was feeling offly strange. She had no idea what happened.. This was cruel of mamma and I had a long talk with her about this. I don't condone such behavoir!

Many different factors play role in the taste of your tea. If the pods are moist or moldy at all then they will add a nasty taste to the final product. Feel the pods, are they soft? Most people will tell you to throw them out if they are moldy but I recommend you at least save them for WD or for decorative purposes.

Also, What size pod or what variety you use (in conjunction with preperation method) will affect the high too. Mamma finds that giganteum (yes of course there is a variety of california poppy called that) produces a more narcotic heavy high while the medium to large pods produce more euphoria. The giganteums tend to last longer , 12-20 hours, and the medium to large pods tend to come on quicker but not last as long. Small pods seem to produce the most euphoria but it takes more and isn't as cost effective as buying large.

The stems and the nodules will affect the taste too. Save these for later use (when you run out of the good stuff).. The stems still work and are said to be abotu 1/4 the potency of the pods .. The nodules have about the same alkaloid content as the pods and work very well.

Mamma simply break the pod off the stem with a quick snap. She holds the nodule with her right hand and breaks the pod off with her left. The pod is held upside down so not to spill the seeds. The seeds are stored in a ziplock bag for use on her famous bagels. A small amount of the pod will remain aroud the nodule. Save this in a special place as it will come in handy a month or so later.

You can grind in a blender or coffee bean grinder. mamma prefers the coffee grinder for the pods and the blender for the nodules and stems.. Mamma has gone through about 10 blenders and grinders in her 5 years of making tea. Those nodules are rock hard.. The best thing to do is to crush the pods up in your hand over the grinder then drop into the grinder. Give it a couple pumps and allow it to get ground up. mamma doesn't hold the button down as she believes that if the motor/blades get too hot it may affect the alkaloid content. I believe this is simply an old wives tell. Keep in mind the alkaloids are very hardy and can withstand high temperatures.

There are many ways you can brew the actual tea. A stove top capicino maker, Simmering/boiling in a pot of water/ or the coffee maker. Mamma finds the different methods to produce different tastes and even different affects. The stove top cappicino maker takes about 10-30 minutes to finish. It simply perculates water through the pods and into a chamber above the powder. This seems to come on a lot quicker and be more euphoric but not last as long.

Simmering works well too. Use about 2-3 cups of water and you will end up with a good strong cup. Mamma simmers for about 20-30 minutes then allows it to boil for about 30 seconds and then simmers again for about 10 more minutes. Filters and proceeds to the flavoring process.

The coffee maker method is absolutely her favorite. She calls this "Coffee Tea" (she says it as one word, pronounced "Cof ET" or "Cof eeeteee:) You can directly flavor now or you can flavor after its brewed. Simply place the ground in a coffee filter and use about half a coffee pot off water. You want to run this through , collect the water and run it through a second time. Absolutely no less, and no more. It does not seem to increase the affects when you run it through more than two times.. only alters the taste to the worst.. Two times seems to be perfect.. Pulling out the best amount of alkaloids.. Mamma broke a few coffee makers too, i believe it may be bad to pour very hot water back into the coffee maker so you may want to let it cool a tad bit first.

Now that you have your (legal, california poppy) tea brewed its time to flavor.. If you used the coffee maker method you could have added coffee at this time.. Its best to use the 1/2 and 1/2 ratio.. Use about the same amount of coffee as you do powder. Sometimes less is better, if you like the taste of your pods.. Folgers is nice but she prefers flavored coffee. Sumatra and chocolate fudge are excellent.

If you waited to flavor your brew the best thing to do is use various teas (only one though, dont mix and match). Rooibos tea is an excellent flavor to add. If you simmer on the stove you can do so with the tea bags but mamma finds that it masks the taste a bit too much. The best thing to do is to pour your brew into the cup and simply add the tea bag. press the tea bag against the side of the cup with a spoon if you are impatient. This will help release the flavor quicker. Orange Spice tea is very good too.

Sugar is a very important additive to the brew. If you have one coffee cup full use between two and three teaspoons full. Any more and it will alter the brew's taste to the worst. It will be too sweet and give you a tummy ache.

Oh yeah, DO NOT USE LEMON JUICE. It realy doesn't increase the potency at all. only makes it taste worst.. trust me just say no! Some people like to add a little honey to the brew.

You can play around with different tea's to find what you like the best but if you prepare it right it should taste really good. I find its very enjoyable to sit outside, in the early morning or around dusk, read a good book, smoke a cigar and slowly sip the tea. Its very important to drink the tea while it is still very hot. This sort of paralyses your taste buds and makes it much more palatable. Slowly take big sips. When you are drinking it, if you dont like the taste, dont think about it. Dont look at it.. Just read your book and take big gulps. Trust me, after about 20 minutes you wont be worried about the taste. If you like, Take a few sips then take a few swigs of your favorite soda. This helps you deal with the bitterness of the brew. Mamma finds that root beer compliments shit tea very well. If you finish your cup and you have more brew, pour another cup and flavor again, pour another cup for a friend.

Cold tea is very disgusting. Which brings up a very important point. Do not let your tea cool. Some of you may have stored your tea overnight only to find a vile disgusting putred fermented tea that you just cant drink. If you tea gets cold, you cant reheat it to make a palatable drink. Mamma says that it ferments quickly overnight but i'm not sure if this is true or not. If you want, you can turn off your coffee pot full of brew and let it sit for a few hours and then reheat usually with no problems.

If something comes up and you have to store your tea, there is still hope. The best thing to do is to put it in a water bottle and freeze it. Put it in the freezer when its still hot.. Freeze it overnight, then hold th ebottle under hot water and then reheat the tea. This will change the taste but it wont gain that gross fermented taste.

The benefit of waiting to flavor the tea is that you can save your grounds. You can save them even if you add coffee to them, but it tastes gross when reused. The best thing to do is to take a large coffee can and put a ziplock bag in it. When your done brewing your tea empty the grounds into this and store it in the freezer. The grounds will freeze and wont get all gross. After you collect a lot of grounds you can reuse them. and many get the desperate point that they need to reuse their grounds/stems/nodules. If you dont wish to save your grounds, Add them to your compost pile.

Some people hate the taste of tea so much that they boil it down into putty(puddy). Mamma discourages this greatly as she feels that the boiling process gets rid of the euphoric alkaloids and leaves the narcotic alkaloids. Albeit, you only have to swallow a little ball of tar, the high is greatly altered often being more heavy, narcotic and very angry (for mamma). However, If you wish to try to make putty (which is NOT smokable, this has been discussed many times in the past so do a search) you can use your stems and the grounds.. I would still save the nodules for tea. Simply grind in a blender and add a lot of water run it through a few times and slowly boil it down. Do not burn it. This will create a powder.. Strangly, mamma burned a batch once and for some reason found it to have more affect when smoked than regular putty. She believes she stumbled upon something but I just tell her she's a crazy ole' winch.

You can also take finely powdered pods and eat them. This is said to produce a stronger experience as you do not waste anything. its also a great source of fiber. If you use medimucil, this may be a good alternative. Simply powder very finely and eat teaspoon by teaspoon. Its important to have a strong drink nearby, mamma prefers soda pop. Put about 1/2 a teaspoon in your mouth and take a big drink. This will help wash it down. Mamma does not like this method.

The seed debate is a great debate. Some say it works some say it doesn't. The idea is that seeds may have trace amounts of latex on them (from the california poppy, not he somniferum, of course) and that when you brew them you can get off. If you do happen to find a good source of seed, usually a spice merchant, you will need to use several pounds.. Sometimes takign up to 5 pounds of seed. I see this as a complete waste, as you could grow 100,000 plants with that much seed!

I hope that this has helped some people. Maybe I should have saved this for the porg but I believe that my fellow ethnogarden friends deserve to know this information. Please understand that I am not refering to anything illegal here so do not apply it to the somniferum variety.

enjoy!

Edited by A'neglakya (08/02/04 04:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Aneglakya]
    #2957152 - 08/02/04 04:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I know this looks big, but you will surely benefit if you read the whole thing. I am going to unsticky this so more people will see it.. then sticky it later if you find it usefull.

seriously, its not that long, it will only take like 5 minutes to read.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#2958273 - 08/02/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Read it. Just got done making a batch with nods, tore the fuck out of my grinder. :lol:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2960691 - 08/03/04 03:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

If you have an expresso maker, use that. They are the nuts and the easiest way to make any type of tea. It takes about 5 minutes start to finish to get your cup a tea. The expresso maker passes steam and hot water over the material and will bring out stuff that isn't even soluable in water.

Stoney

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2968457 - 08/05/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Come on bitches.. I know more of you have read this....... Its NOT LONG!!! Read it now, or else.. :smile:

OfflineMystiq_Shaman
x.o.

Loc: North Calotte
    #2968733 - 08/05/04 03:50 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

very good info, thank you :smile: Tell your mom I said thanks

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #2968816 - 08/05/04 04:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

very good info

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineGrovesk8ter
honestyopenmindednesswillingness
 User Gallery

Loc: Langley, B.C
Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: gdman]
    #2969251 - 08/05/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so basicially the whole plant flowes with the alkaloids right?
i was under the impression that the pod was the only place where latex flowed.
Even the stems?

--------------------
"Much madness is divinest sense"
Dickinson, Emily

Offlinehybridphil
Student

Loc: Milky Way....they'll neve...
    #2969273 - 08/05/04 06:12 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Hmm definitely made me consider making some poppy tea. Of the legal kind of course..

--------------------
Psilocybin anonymous

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: hybridphil]
    #2969304 - 08/05/04 06:17 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Well right under the pods there is a little "knob". It contains just as much as the pod does itself. Thats what i use when im all out of pods. In fact my cup of tea last night was made from those knobs. :smile:

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #2969331 - 08/05/04 06:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

That is what mama was refering to as the Nodules.

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

#2969353 - 08/05/04 06:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

but what about the stems?

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

OfflineRemut
Green Thumb
    #2969388 - 08/05/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"Also, What size pod or what variety you use (in conjunction with preperation method) will affect the high too. Mamma finds that giganteum (yes of course there is a variety of california poppy called that) produces a more narcotic heavy high while the medium to large pods produce more euphoria. The giganteums tend to last longer , 12-20 hours, and the medium to large pods tend to come on quicker but not last as long. Small pods seem to produce the most euphoria but it takes more and isn't as cost effective as buying large"

Thats is very interesting. I never tryed PT that much to notice a differents. Like MJ different preperations like tincture, browniee, tea, oil, smoked have some different effects. Way to get to know the plants. If this was the overgrow K++

--------------------
DO what I Would

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #2969451 - 08/05/04 07:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

About how many spoonfulls do I use of this powder?

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2969697 - 08/05/04 08:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

but what about stems..!!!
i have quite a few stems lying around that i just happened to keep and i was wondering if they have any alkaloids in them

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

OfflineGrovesk8ter
 User Gallery

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #2969762 - 08/05/04 08:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

so.....?

--------------------
Dickinson, Emily

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Grovesk8ter]
    #2970350 - 08/05/04 11:00 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

stems are thought to be 1/4 the potency of pods. Tea is more bitter. Best used to make putty. You can still use them just use your normal amount X 4. Carefull not to overdo it cowboy.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2971951 - 08/06/04 12:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

2 tablespoons of ground up pods is said to be a decent dose.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: Mamma's secret recipe for PT. [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2972067 - 08/06/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Keep in mind the variations in potency too.. But some people say 10 grams of powder is an appropriate (with tolerance). Mamma actually prefers not to powder all of her pods at once.. She will go ahead and de-stem them, but leave the nodules and seeds in place.. She believes that powdering them all at once aids in the oxidation and break down of the desired alkaloids over the period of time that its stored, thus resulting in a weaker end product.. I think mamma is full of shit though.

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#2972681 - 08/06/04 04:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Mamma knows best.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies