Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

Telluride Mushroom Festival
    #2963744 - 08/04/04 10:24 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Don't know what forum to put this in, but is anyone going to the telluride mushroom festival? 

http://www.shroomfestival.com/

I think I am going to make it with my family! I am so excited.  Is anyone else going?  I'd love to chill with some of you. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: Telluride Mushroom Festival [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2963795 - 08/04/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It is under consideration at this moment.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2963796 - 08/04/04 10:44 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Unfortuntely we won't be making it this year, but we have attended in the past. It's an amazing time and a lot of fun! Telluride is absolutely beautiful. Hopefully there will be a good mushroom hunting year because the last time we went the forays were VERY unproductive.

Sporeworks is providing the spawn being used for John Corbin's Growing on Straw workshops! So even though we may not be making it formally at least a little bit of our fungi is making the trip!

If you plan to try and camp in the town campground try and get their early in the morning or a day early. They don't take reservations and fill it on a first come first serve basis. It's a BEAUTIFUL campground and you can literally walk out of it and you are right in the middle of town.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: Telluride Mushroom Festival [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #2963819 - 08/04/04 10:57 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Really? That would be awesome! :laugh:  Nice avatar...... :smile:

--------------------

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

Re: Telluride Mushroom Festival [Re: psilocyber]
    #2963829 - 08/04/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Cool- I will look for your spawn. :smile:  Thanks for the advice!

--------------------

#2964145 - 08/04/04 12:21 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I dont know its a long haul to go out there then from there to North Carolina, if I find some one to ride with me then Yeah I would do it. Looks like a three day ride out then 3 days to NC and I would be going to Colorado from Vt. SO its a lot to do.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2964201 - 08/04/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

It would be great if you did!  You would have to hang out with us- we would have a great time. :smile:

--------------------

#2964208 - 08/04/04 12:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Blastid I didnt think it would cost money. I kinda figured it to be like a big open to all kinda party. No go my friend no go.

By the way I figure by the time i am as old as the man in my avatar I will have a striking resembelence to him. I will even where the hat around town, Hawaii would love it.

#2964253 - 08/04/04 12:47 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well maybe I can make up like 200 plates and sell em for five bucks a plate at the festival. That would pay for the trip.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2967344 - 08/05/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

The man in your Avatar is Art Goodtimes, he's an absolute trip! I'm pretty sure that picture was taken during the mushroom parade (in which everyone grabs a costume, something to make noise with, and marches through the streets of Telluride). It's pretty neat to see city streets covered in colored chaulk drawings of giant Amanitas. It usually ends up with a pretty decent drum circle in the park which gets everyone dancing and partying for the rest of the eve.

The conference cost to attend, but there are many people that show up in Telluride just for the atmostphere and the party that ensues. Basically if you don't want to hear any of the lectures or lecture series and just want to hang out with other mushroom lovers in a beutiful town, do some mushroom pickin', and party your brains out then you can go to Telluride and not participate (ie pay) to attend the conferences or workshops, ect.

There are usually a few vendors in town selling cultures, mushroom nic-nacks, and other standard hippie festival fair.

You heading to Telluride from Coventry? Unfortuantely I have to cut our last time with the boys short of Coventry.. but we're making it to Hampton, both Great Woods shows and Camden!

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2967360 - 08/05/04 09:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah- I am not buying a pass but will definitley attend one or two lectures and check out the display in the park. The lectures cost $40 each and there are a great variety of them.

Sporeworks, do you know if we can still attend the forays if we don't buy a pass?

Sounds like there should be some good music around town too. I want to dress up as a mushroom! Hmmmmmm.......

--------------------

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2967374 - 08/05/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SHEIKofSHIITAKE said:
Well maybe I can make up like 200 plates and sell em for five bucks a plate at the festival.  That would pay for the trip.

There ya go!  You could sell stuff.  Can your girlfriend come with you?  I really want you to come!  It would be an awesome road trip.  :mushroom2:

--------------------

#2967405 - 08/05/04 10:17 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Pislocyber are you driving or flying from the East coast. Yeah my girl is up in Vt and she works so I dunno I dont think she would realy enjoy this kida trip/ its sad I know. Thats why if there are any cute dready/earth mamas out there that are available please pm me and maybe we can take a ride.

I could make up some plates if my boss would let me work them off.

Its only three days away right. Even if noone goes with me I can do it. If you cant enjoy the company of yourself how can you enjoy life. Plus I get to go to one of the states I have never been to.

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2967436 - 08/05/04 10:28 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

No doubt! If you are coming from that far you should try to make the whole festival. Telluride is awesome. You would fit right in!

What would you make up plates of?

I bet you could find someone from coventry that would love to go to Telluride!

--------------------

#2967504 - 08/05/04 10:45 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I would have pink oyster,shiitake,blue oyster, morchella, cordeceps, gandoderma lucidnem,and king oyster. Yeah I am not to worried. The other day I looked at the map and was like damn thats on the other side of the country. I will do my very best to get up there. This wekend is Montreal. Then Vt then to colorado then to North Carolina woooo. All these plans have popped up in the past week for me.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2968966 - 08/05/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'm not sure if you can still go on the forays and not pay the fees. I remember them giving you "creditials" that you usually wore when going in and out of the lectures so they could make sure only paying folks were allowed into the lectures.. but the forays usually happen (the best ones to go on) in the wee hours of the morn, so I don't remember many people paying too much attention to who had a pass and who didn't. Plus I'm sure that if you pay for one or two lectures they would care even less. These are all VERY laid back, easy going peopl :smile:.

Shiek... We're not going to be able to make it this year, unfortunately... only our Oyster Spawn is making it out by way of UPS to John Corbin :smile:. However when we did travel in the past found that flying into Colorado Springs or Denver is your best option, then you need to either rent a car or find a ride into Telluride. Direct flights into Telluride are very expensive.

Here are some pictures from the last Festival we attended:

OfflinePhishgrrl
 User Gallery

#2971178 - 08/06/04 07:56 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Nice pics. That looks like sooooooo much fun-  I am stoked.  Is that you at the bottom, Psilocyber? What  cute fat cubies! :smile: I would like to take John Corbin's workshop.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale