Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
Mirrors while tripping
    #2967212 - 08/05/04 10:35 AM (13 years, 14 days ago)

Someone once said when you trip to put all mirrors away or anything that reflects your image; he seemed to tremble just talking about it.
I asked him what it is about his reflection that scares him so much. This ex-heroin addict told me he saw a monster, a terrible being looking back at him in his reflection.

I've concluded that mirrors, while tripping cause you to see yourself outside of yourself. To see your physical body as someone else, then project everything you know about yourself onto that being.

This guy wasen't a good guy so I can see why it scares him, mother terresa on the other hand might enjoy looking into the mirror and seeing who she really is because noone knows who they really are what you see when you look and talk to someone isen't who they see or who they know.

This is just theory, I haven't looked into a mirror yet myself while tripping shrewms, but I am familiar with the experience on dissociatives. I plan to try the above soon. Any opinions or experiences?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePolecat
Tuga

Loc: Casa do Sino
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: I2ancid]
    #2967243 - 08/05/04 10:53 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

That's funny man

actually some years ago while triping seriously on a cubies big dose at home with some friends. By accident I looked at one mirror on the bathroom, and i was scared, scared because I looked like a maniac, a crazy scientist out of control, hewwew that's was awkward.

If i can suggest anything is that you should try it with no family at home downstairs, lol, and possibly outside. And I big dose wouldn't help you.

--------------------
www.cogumelosportugal.forum-livre.com

O Caos é uma Ordem por decifrar.
Chaos is Order yet to decipher.

Jose Saramago

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2967317 - 08/05/04 11:40 AM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Mirrors don't bother me at all while tripping.  I look in the mirror every time I have to go to the bathroom, and yes, I do look like a crazy scientist.  :grin:  But that doesn't scare me because I feel like I'm looking at someone familiar...my tripping self!  :smile:

OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
    #2967452 - 08/05/04 12:33 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

It actually, affects everyone differently, Like everything does

I wouldn't avoid mirrors, but I would avoid double mirrors IE. if you were in a room, with mirrors on 2 opposite walls, because it creates a multiplicity effect, and it makes an infinite amount of everything you see, which can be very scary, and even worse, can ruin your trip if you get "lost" in the double-mirror effect, which i've heard many reports of.. hope it helps :thumbup:

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #2967467 - 08/05/04 12:37 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

i have only had good experiences with mirrors while tripping... i think it has a lot to do with the view one has of oneself... if you know yourself pretty well and are comfortable with who you are and have a lot of self-respect and self-love the image you see will be your glowing self... a little bit different maybe, but it will have a positive effect on you... that is my experience...

--------------------

OfflineDexter_Sinister
Madvillain

Loc: Mannheim, Germany
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2967524 - 08/05/04 12:51 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Quote:

I wouldn't avoid mirrors, but I would avoid double mirrors IE. if you were in a room, with mirrors on 2 opposite walls, because it creates a multiplicity effect, and it makes an infinite amount of everything you see, which can be very scary, and even worse, can ruin your trip if you get "lost" in the double-mirror effect

sounds like a lot of fun actually...

OfflineOuchITripped

Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Dexter_Sinister]
    #2967624 - 08/05/04 01:28 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I have a fantastic view of myself (In(di)go), and I hate mirrors while tripping, the movement in them looks chopped and blurred, my personal experience is, it's bad, and with the double-mirrors thing, try it, don't say I didn't warn you

EVERY PERSON I KNOW, who has double-mirror'd has bad experiences, about 10-15 people

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2967677 - 08/05/04 01:45 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

I'm going to try the double-mirror thing this weekend while tripping and I'll make sure to report back.  :thumbup:

OfflineOuchITripped

#2967697 - 08/05/04 01:50 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

They have to be big mirrors, i'm not talking about holding like two mirrows up ... like two walls on the opposite sides of a room, both mirrors, a whole wall, that's a big mirror.. like they have in gym's sometime... HUGE ASS MIRRORS :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #2968478 - 08/05/04 04:55 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

What about one of those mirror mazes they have at the fair? That would be quite FUCKED up, if 2 mirrors fuck you up imagine 50.

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Dexter_Sinister]
    #2968595 - 08/05/04 05:18 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Multiplicity infinity effect sounds like fun I wann try that too  :smile:.

Maybe alot of the ppl who are scared of looking into mirrors get the idea to be scared in the first place from reading msg boards like these :smirk:. Not saying everyone but I can tell from my own experience.

The only reason I was worried of looking into the mirror was reading up on this board!, then I quesitoned the logic while tripping which helps, logic can pull you through alot of things. Anyways, I just looked at myself and saw things warp and change. I saw it simply as a reflection, I didnt try to impose some kind of ego over it, though I did think about it, I thought mostly of just the image/reflection of changing shapes not an alter ego of me or whatever else you can think of that shows what kind of person you are or can be ect..

IMHO, you could murder ppl everyday and have no problems at all looking in the mirror if you have confidence in yourself, dont care, or dont try and impose an ego.

InvisibleDragonaut
Fire Marshall

Loc: Burn Ward
Re: Mirrors while tripping *DELETED* [Re: I2ancid]
    #2968596 - 08/05/04 05:19 PM (13 years, 13 days ago)

Post deleted by Dragonaut

Reason for deletion: .

Offlineprettyboy
Stranger
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Dragonaut]
    #2993316 - 08/11/04 11:37 PM (13 years, 7 days ago)

haha, oh man...

i tripped at a house party once and was about two hours into it... just starting to peak hard. i walk into the washroom and

BAM

*every wall was a mirror*

the girl had some fugged up kinky parents or something, i dunno what they were thinking building a washroom that was 100% mirrors

but ....

i felt like i stepped into the nexus of the universe.

i didn't come out for 2 hours (i could even hear people very far away saying... "where'd he go??")

in retrospect, i began to call the room the "yoda room", after the cave that yoda makes Luke go into on the swamp world...

luke: "what's in there?"
yoda: "only what you take with you..."

that was some innnnnnnnnnnntrooooooospective time, let me tell you. damn. i was having full out conversation with multiple selves, all laughing and crying at the same time. damn.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: prettyboy]
    #2993556 - 08/12/04 12:32 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

If I look in a mirror when I'm bad tripping, I'll look pale and extremely sad and hopeless looking. But if I look in a mirror when I'm good tripping, I'll have the biggest grin in the world and my skin will be completely saturated in colour, almost golden looking.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2994330 - 08/12/04 03:24 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

mirrors rock.

I always check out the mirror when I hit the restroom on a trip. It is a good way to gauge how hard I'm tripping at the moment.

If my face looks pretty normal (just with giant pupils), then I'm not tripping that hard..

If my face turns into a fucking evil nasty disgusting deamon or a beautiful angelic image, then I'm tripping balls!

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Strumpling]
    #2994348 - 08/12/04 03:32 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

I like mirrors too, I onced watched myself age into an old man on a heavy acid trip, one of the coolest hallucinations I've had.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Adom]
    #2994394 - 08/12/04 03:55 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

Once I had a 20 minutes conversation with myself.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: MeThoD]
    #2994748 - 08/12/04 09:34 AM (13 years, 7 days ago)

It all depends on the mood of the moment and how you look. If youve been up all night triping and look like shit and feel mellow you might just crack a small smile. My friend was told us about how he was in the bathroom talking to himself all funny and shit, like wassup! I love triping on shroomies! Hees a crazy kid, his syes were 90% dialted and wide-wide open on ~12g.

Ive looked at myself and seen the many sides of me as most people should througouth the trip. SOmetimes i see a mad scientist who's o excited abotu the trip and how sick the visuals always are and sometimes i see a kid just trying to make it through life and look through that aspect analizing my life. Theres always at least two ways to look at your life, its not your good/bad its how you reflect apon it. I guess thats what a mirror does, reflect.

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery
    #2995418 - 08/12/04 01:39 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

When your coming down do you find you look really shit in the mirror?
I feel so great looking in the mirror until im coming down, no replys saying "well,dont look in the mirror then" please. im asking if other people get this too?

the worst thing that ever happened to me with a mirror was i shone the laser pen i got into it and it confused me so much, the laser was shooting everywhere and my room was so smoky so i could see it!

--------------------

OfflineHilltopNomad
Stranger
Loc: Roaming the South Downs
Re: Mirrors while tripping [Re: Chronic7]
    #2996813 - 08/12/04 07:37 PM (13 years, 6 days ago)

I had a slightly negative effect from the bathroom mirror when tripping (for some reason bathrooms are the most awkward places for me when tripping).
I'm not afraid to admit that I use to be quite spotty, and therefore I was never that comfortable with my self image, although to be honest I didn't let it bother me that much. However, during this one dodgy trip to the bathroom I had the misfortune to glance in the mirror and noticed my uneven complexion was making my skin swirl and change colour in a bizzare psychadelic fashion. This startled me slightly and upon returning I was really avoiding eye contact with my friends as I felt paranoid about them noticing the same thing! Luckily the paranoia didn't last too long.....

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience