Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Just got back from the Montage show!
    #2966709 - 08/05/04 03:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah it was a great night. I was like 11th row under the pavillion. At first I wanted to be out in general admission with the majority of my family and friends who we were all, doing good :mushroom2: :stoned: :thumbup:So I say bye to everyone and told my moms I'd stop by her car after the show when we go our ways. Damn I was glad I ended up in the pavillion though, I stayed nice and dry. And luck should have it I landed my seat rite next to some good, very kind folk who were also all mushed. Good peoples. During the second set we folded up our chairs for dancing space :grin:It was a blast! Security there though was bitchy, no smoking under the pavillion so if you smoked you def had to get in there. The first hit I go to take I get a flashlight shined in my face, I thought I was done for, but I guess not cause, well, it was good.

I dont know the setlist exactly. They played Desperado which was waaay slow for how everyone wanted them to jam and was like a total standstill from how we all were the rest of the show. Awesome sunshine daydream. They opened with sugar magnolias. Coming out of a REALLY trippy drums/space session they teased us with the first couple notes of St Stephen, and didnt go through with it!! Thats one of my favorite songs and this guy sitting next to me, we were both like awww man lame. ummmmmm. The music kicked ass.

It was such a beautiful experience being so close and inside kinda when it was raining out. I usually have general admission to most shows, and this was quite a treat for me :grin:? I mean I could REALLY see the guys, close enough for phil to take a good lookin at all of us in the cleared out dancing area we made. :cool:

Lots of cool people throughout the way. Hung out with a young couple and their 3 year old son for a while, they had a canopy :wink:When I first pull up this kid comes up and shows me some freshies and asks if I want to buy any. I must admit they looked good, all the same size and shape, short fatties, premature caps, and all that. They were very nice, but I told him why I dont need any and we have this whole long conversation... and heres the cool part, he gave me a spore syringe of PRs!! :sun: Lots of tour heads, lots of drunk people, one guy begging me for a dollar cause he got "$10,000 worth of product stolen tonight". Now even if thats true what kind of bullshit is that? I'm sorry but no matter how you look at it you dont lose money like that unless you make a mistake. I did give him a dollar before but then he told me that shit and wanted another one and I totally regretted giving him anything :crazy:Let me see, lots of other cool people. The other person that really sticks out in my head is this girl alexis from maine. :grin:I was waitin by mom's van after the show to say bye before I hit the road. She had a bomb spot and could leave whenever but I was all sorts of blocked in. I ended up waiting a hour before I could really get out. So I went up there, and her and her SO wasnt there so I started hangin with these people from ummm, jersey, maine, and I forget where the other person was from. But for people who live nowhere near me, they sure as hell knew exactly where my little ass town was which surprised the shit out of me LOL :laugh:But anyways this girl let me chill on her truck and talk to her friends next to her for a while, and she gave me one of the best veggie burritos ever :grin:OOOOOOoooooOOOoOOO it was great. They were gonna vend them but it was raining, and she offered me one which was sweet cause she said just take one. But I snuck her a nug for the gesture anyways, I had to. She looked at me and knew I needed one. She was so cute and I liked her and wanted to sit there and talk to her, but how do you hook up with a girl hundreds of miles away from you? She seemed like a lonely girl like how I'm lonely. No room for a second person in the truck, just her and her cooler were on her seat, hehehe. I feel that :cool:

Ok, then ummmmm. It was a blast I cant wait till fuckin Camden this weekend!!!!! I have seats one night, general another night.  :wink:Camden is a nice venue. Oh, thats one thing about montage show tonight, the sound was kind of shitty. Like when they would talk on the mic without any music you couldnt really understand them well.

And I thought it was a bad omen when I got stung in the head by a bee when I first got there!!! :sun:

G'nite, work in 4 hours. Again cant wait till this weekend's shows!! (i have off monday, w00t)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Just got back from the Montage show! [Re: iloveraving]
    #2967577 - 08/05/04 01:07 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

ohh yeah, they played all ther songs fairly slowly at the show I went to, except shakedown. glad you had a good time.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2967861 - 08/05/04 02:45 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a great time.  I'm glad you got to stay dry and too bad you couldn't hook up with the girl.  Maybe you will see her this weekend though. :smile:  I wish I could see the boys this weekend! 

So they played the Eagle's desperado???? Who would've thought! :lol:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Re: Just got back from the Montage show! [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2968801 - 08/05/04 06:01 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

they also played a really intense aiko aiko, and they played touch of grey. Touch of grey had the crowd frenzied, we all through our hands in the air and sung along for the chorus.. we will get by!! and god, it was great.  :grin:

Oh, and I hope so phishgrrl! She'll be there, she's seeing all the shows in the area and staying with friends. Shes a vendor so i'm sure I'll come across her at some point before the end of the NE tour :sun:

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
    #2969386 - 08/05/04 08:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like you had a grate time, kinda sucks about the rain and girl!

Set 1: Sugar Magnolia > The Weight, Into The Mystic, You Remind Me > Keep On Growing > Duprees Diamond Blues > Alabama Getaway > Iko Iko

Set 2: Hell In A Bucket > Big Boss Man, Desperado, Tons Of Steel > William Tell Bridge > The Eleven > St Stephen (jam) > Drum > Space > Banyan Tree > Mason's Children > Sunshine Daydream > Touch Of Grey, W: Attics Of My Life

and here's 5 for the very nice report!!

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub