Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Papaver Somniferum, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
my poor dad
    #2966629 - 08/05/04 02:45 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

im not spossed to tell any one this but what ever
if you know me personaly dont spred this around

my dad has been being a real bitch latly
kinda gettin pissed at everything
and my mom just tld me that one of his best and closest freinds just found out she has a terminal brain tumor
she has like half a year to live i think

this girl has been one of my dads oldenst and closest freind for over 40 years i think
i feel so horrible for him and for her
:sad:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

Re: my poor dad [Re: notapillow]
    #2966644 - 08/05/04 02:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Very sorry to hear that Pillow.

*Sends good vibes to Pillow/ his dad.*

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: my poor dad [Re: Crestfallen]
    #2966655 - 08/05/04 02:54 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i feel kinda bad cus iv acted like a bitch back to him these past few days
i feel horrible :frown:

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2966656 - 08/05/04 02:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

old age is tough, and will get us all...

I think the grim reaper has already come and snatched off a couple of my parts -- tokens to remember our ultimate embrace to come...

That's too bad...

I mean, it's tough shit... :frown:

But, the truth is in how you chose to unscramble the codes, while the old brain can still process some of basic stimula crossing those old sensory thresholds...

Life will kill ya, so cheer the fuck up! :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

Re: my poor dad [Re: Papaver]
    #2966667 - 08/05/04 03:03 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm banking on mail order self installing pregrown organs in a box.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: my poor dad [Re: Barbi]
    #2966694 - 08/05/04 03:27 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Surf's up in Hong Kong!? :laugh:

No, but seriously, do surrender your own self-proud-carbons to the ultimate wave of conclusion, when it's finally time to do so...

Those atoms are only on loan, you know... :wink:

A good struggle, does make for a damn good story -- very Hemingway-esque -- but in the end, "The End" is still copyrighted material: It's the sole intellectual-property  of the pre-ordained conclusion; based on some Wolframian-Teleo-Result-Algorithm run amok in the slipstream of the ether, while God was busy; trying to re-calibrate the mechanisms in the old lighthouse, so as to keep the other craft from sinking, or at least disappearing beyond the event horizon, of some unknown eternity, which is, when you think about it, a damn long time... :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#2966700 - 08/05/04 03:35 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

these atoms are mine until they are taken away from me.

No where in this contract did it say I couldnt fight as long as possible to keep em :wink:

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: my poor dad [Re: Barbi]
    #2966729 - 08/05/04 04:07 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:grin:

Such is the stuff, from which, legends are born... :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2966901 - 08/05/04 06:56 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry to hear that.  :frown: 

My mom's best friend is dying too, from cancer in her ovaries.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #2967027 - 08/05/04 08:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver said:

Life will kill ya, so cheer the fuck up! :laugh:

:smile:

SOrry to hear about your dad's friend, pillow...hope he cheers up and you're the one that gets to do the cheering.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Invisiblelukeboots
fresh futuristic
Male User Gallery
Loc: Grand Ole Operating Syste...
    #2967099 - 08/05/04 09:41 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Tough break for your dad Pillow.. just try to be really understanding towards him I guess, he'll appreciate it :smile: My aunt died from breast cancer a little over 10 years ago.. it's still tough for everyone to completely feel normal about it. Death's tough for the living!

--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Anonymous

#2967270 - 08/05/04 11:12 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

notapillow said:
im not spossed to tell any one this but what ever
if you know me personaly dont spred this around

my dad has been being a real bitch latly
kinda gettin pissed at everything
and my mom just tld me that one of his best and closest freinds just found out she has a terminal brain tumor
she has like half a year to live i think

this girl has been one of my dads oldenst and closest freind for over 40 years i think
i feel so horrible for him and for her
:sad:

With great anticipation I waited for the third evening when I would be with Alice for the last time. It was to be the final time she would teach me and as she promised, I would learn about "the openings."

That evening I only had to read the last three pages of the book. To my great surprise there were only three words on those pages, one word per page. These words were pain, suffering, and love. When I fell asleep, Alice came quickly and said, "I must now teach you about the three most mysterious things in life. These are pain, suffering, and love.

She began her lesson by singing me a song and holding out her hand. When I held her hand she moved me right through her in the same way I had flown through a mountain in the rainbow world. Then she said, "I can only teach you if you understand me. That's why I have brought you into my heart. I must make some music so you will forget all the things that distract your mind."

After the music she explained how no human being can avoid pain and suffering. "Everyone will feel the pain of sickness, injury, loss, grief, tragedy, disappointment, sorrow, fear,  shame, embarrassment, hate, envy, anger, sadness, frustration, boredom, and failure. You would not be a human being if you didn't feel these pains. Furthermore, we will find that some of the pains will never completely go away. The pains we must learn to live with are called our suffering. When you lose someone you love, you will always carry that  pain with you. That is one way we will each suffer."

Alice said that most people  don't understand why human beings were made to have pain and suffering. She said, "Everyone tries to run away from these experiences and no one is able to do so. The biggest mystery in the entire universe," she explained, " is understanding that pain and suffering are openings to the dream worlds. On your planet, the custodians of this sacred knowledge are gifted with the talent to play the blues. One of these former carriers of the truth, Pigpen, asked me to bring this wisdom to those you call Deadheads. That's why I have come to you.

"Rather than fight the pain or the suffering, allow it to break the edge of the sky. Allow it to carry you into the other side. Allow it to open your mind, heart, and soul to move you to create the sacred sounds. With out these openings, magic would be absent. It is pain and suffering that help open the doors to the other worlds. Death is the door to life. This is the great secret of all grateful dead."

Alice then said, "I'm going to let you feel my pain and my suffering. When you move through me, allow that pain and suffering to break your heart.. Think of that breaking as a breaking of the sky that holds you inside this world. Allow yourself to be broken so you may fly into the other world and understand my suffering. Then carry that feeling and that understanding to the world of sound and allow it to express itself in song. There you will find the most powerful lesson I have to teach. Do this and tell me what you find."

Alice allowed me to feel her pain and suffering. I trusted what she had told me. Rather than fighting the tears and emotions that came through me, I allowed them to open my heart and carry me into a new world of understanding. This, in turn, gave  me wings to voiced a great song and create a celestial choir and orchestra that gave praise  and joy  to the wonder of Alice's life.

As I wapt over the joy of the music that filled the room, I heard Alice say, "My dear friend, ask yourself what you now feel." I knew what I felt and with all the sincerity and emotion I could gather, I said, "Alice, I feel love."

"Yes," Alice replied, "love is the magic that changes pain and suffering into joy. Never forget what you have learned and know that I am with you always. We are now a part of one another through our understanding of  these great mysteries. Be grateful that you will die many times in order to gain entry into life."

from Bradford Keeney's 1996 Crazy Wisdom Tales

Bradford Keeney is someone folks should know about... maybe. Will let you know. :thumbup:

Good luck with your dad pill. :smile:

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2967343 - 08/05/04 11:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm sorry Pillow.  I hope she doesn't have to go through too much pain.  It is great she has a friend like your dad to be there for her. :heart:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: my poor dad [Re: lukeboots]
    #2968069 - 08/05/04 03:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

jonnywax said:
Death's tough for the living!

Excellent observation! Truer words have never been spoken...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead, Papaver Somniferum, The Doors

Community >> The Pub