Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question
    #2965043 - 08/04/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've been finding these shrooms that look very much like C. cyanescans (and they're not the whiter ones (P. antillarium I think?)that most people confuse with copes). The biggest difference is in the stem. Where cyanescans blues readily and is more white in color, these specimens have a reddish stem that seems a bit more "woody" (and watery) for lack of a better word. In other words the stem is not quite as fleshy. The caps on the species in question are gray, bell shaped, spores dark purple to black and sometimes a slight brownish tinge in the middle of the cap. However, these caps are more on the gray (kind of a dark gray) side than active copes. These species also do not bruise blue. Anyone have any idea what they are and, if so, whether they may be active. I know my copes and cubes and so stick with those as I find plenty anyway but I'm curious if I'm passing up tons of actives out there. These things always grow in cow shit right along w/ active copes and cubes. Basically, this species is macroscopically very similar to copelandia cyanescans except for the few differences noted above. Any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOuchITripped
|E|C|S|T|A|C|Y| ~ ~ ~My Anti-Drug~

Loc: Dallas, TX
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: shroomaster]
    #2965082 - 08/04/04 04:01 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Could be inky caps =P

you left out one important thing, where your from/where you hunt ;]

--------------------
If mushrooms grew in my house, and I could smoke in here, i'd have no reason to go outside?
-Brock D. 2004 (that's me)
---------------------------------------------------
if you feel like your gonna puke just go ahead and puke
you'll feel much better afterwards.
sometimes its fun, as long as it doesn't come out your nose, that sucks
-Sherm (from the shroomery)

Better smilies coming soon! By suffer
---------------------------------------------------

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: OuchITripped]
    #2965240 - 08/04/04 05:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

florida

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
    #2965244 - 08/04/04 05:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

oh yeah, what the hell are inky caps?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #2965290 - 08/04/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

inky caps... coprinus... they turn to a black mush after a while... you could have them possibly... infact thats most likely what you've found... but im no expert at these. wait for a trusted ID'er such as mjshroomer to identify this species... more info will be needed, referr to the post at the top of this forum.

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: CptnGarden]
    #2965316 - 08/04/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well, mjshroomer if you're out there I'd appreciate your ideas. I'll go collect some and post a pic soon but until then go on the info. given originally which may be sufficient. anybody picking florida should be familiar with this shroom if you're somewhat experienced. I would guess alot of people mistake these for copes and eat them. they look so much alike. So, got a species on that coprinus? i assume it is non-active? and what do you mean by black mush. all cubensis/copes, etc. if left to rot inevitably will result in black mush full of those lovely fucking maggots. what the fuck are these bugs anyway. I believe it's a small flying black beetle (2-3mm in length) that lays that eggs because I knocked tons out of my shrooms the other day before I picked them. 5 or 6 would often fall out.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #2965347 - 08/04/04 05:46 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

some people mistake panealeous antillarum as copes although i dont see how unless you knew what you were doing.

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #2965360 - 08/04/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

agreed, i for one have been guilty of this in my somewhat less experienced days. any thoughts on the question at hand though? does anyone out there know which shrooms I'm talking about. they're fairly common even more so than copes where i hunt here in florida.

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #2965524 - 08/04/04 06:54 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I've never hunted in your area, so I don't know if these are there, but it might be worth looking up Panaeolus spinctrinus, and P. papilionaceus.

Offlineshroomaster
journeyman
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: shroomydan]
    #2965566 - 08/04/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

thanks shroomydan...that's all I was looking for was a point in the right direction. I thought it may be a Panaeolus species as well. cheers

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: copelandia cyanescans look a likes...quick question [Re: shroomydan]
    #2966505 - 08/05/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

>Panaeolus spinctrinus, and P. papilionaceus.

I was thinking either that or P. campanulatus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale