Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms
    #2964430 - 08/04/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone know any interesting quotes or stories from famous or interesting people about LSD? Shrooms? I'm looking for some good stuff here. I saw on Howard Stern last night that Nicole Richie was talking about doing LSD. She and Howard talked about it for a couple seconds. All Howard said was that it last 12 hours and it was too strange, something to that effect. Howard sounded like he didn't like it too much. He must have done it in the wrong context or something. Nicole Richie however was the one who brought it up, and she seemed excited about it. There are far more interesting people, celebrities out there, have any of them spoken up about their delves into the unknown?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: sox24]
    #2964461 - 08/04/04 01:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I just can't get that excited about Nicole Richie being a spokesperson for LSD.

I do wonder what other celebrities have said about it, though. Johnny Depp for sure has dabbled in psychedelics. I think he said something about it once in an interview.

Offlinesox24
 User Gallery
    #2964492 - 08/04/04 01:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Don't worry, she was far more into telling about how she would do E and listen to music. She's hot. She seemed a lot cooler than I thought she was going to be. I have never actually watched her tv show, but from the commericals it looks like she could be annoying with her friend, the Paris Hilton.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #2966093 - 08/04/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I recall Johnny Depp saying that the war in Afghanistan could have been easily won if they would have poured LSD crystal into the clouds above the whole country, and then send in the Teletubbies to pick up Osama and whoever else they wanted... it was printed in some Rolling Stone interview.

--------------------

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #2966104 - 08/04/04 09:30 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't believe that cunt has taken any real dose of acid. I don't think it's a capsule of enlightenment but I can't see her type handling that shit at all.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
    #2966113 - 08/04/04 09:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Cary Grant, who took LSD more than sixty times under the therapeutic auspices of Dr. Mortimer Hartmann and then Dr. Oscar Janiger, had this to say about his treatment in 1959:

"All my life, I've been searching for peace of mind. I'd explored yoga and hypnotism and made several attempts at mysticism. Nothing really seemed to give me what I wanted until this treatment."

"I have been born again. I have been through a psychiatric experience which has completely changed me. I was horrendous. I had to face things about myself which I never admitted, which I didn't know were there. Now I know that I hurt every woman I ever loved. I was an utter fake, a self-opinionated bore, a know-all who knew very little. I found I was hiding behind all kinds of defenses, hypocrisies and vanities. I had to get rid of them layer by layer. The moment when your conscious meets your subconscious is a hell of a wrench. With me there came a day when I saw the light."

From http://www.psymon.com/psychedelia/images/carygrant.html

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Invisiblefunkymonk
Get's down, withthe get-down.
 User Gallery

Loc: saskatchewan
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2966129 - 08/04/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

:inlove:
that's a beautiful quote

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: funkymonk]
    #2966139 - 08/04/04 09:40 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah Grant was an a great actor and a great person. If you don't believe me then see North by Northwest.

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
    #2966354 - 08/04/04 11:20 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"Walking on water wasn't built in a day."

Jack Kerouac on the occasion of having tried "magic mushrooms" for the first time, as recounted by his friend, Allen Ginsberg.

Personally, I think this sums it up quite nicely. Especially the pitfalls of the short-cut aspect of it, but countless greats in the biz have commented on this aspect of it: Kesey, with his openiong and closing of doors, etc...

Nichole Richie??? WTF??? Those types of chicka-doodles aren't even worth going to bed with... She supposedly had a smack problem, and that doesn't even turn me on to her... Just Hollywood trash like most of them... But god bless them, they do nicely fill up the boxes in Hollywood Squares... But no-one will ever replace Paul Lynd, Lorne Green, or Dr. Joyce Brothers, on that show... :smirk:

Just pale imitations; somewhat novel arrangements of carbon, going through the motions...

Sorry, I can't respond more coherently, but I'm experiencing my own psychedelic multicast at the moment, so spelling errors be damned, and the people who know will get the idea... :wink:

Yes, Grant did take LSD under therapy. It was quite popular in the Hollywood-circuit for a while. Check Groucho Mark as well. By the way, "Grant" wasn't his real name. The rabbit hole runs deep and has many twists; shadow governments and hired marketing goons; follow the money...

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: Papaver]
    #2966400 - 08/04/04 11:31 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

long live the pap :grin:

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: notapillow]
    #2966427 - 08/04/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Rumors of my death have always been premature...

Ever noticed that cigarettes, are actually a pretty good measure of time -- almost clockwork in their accuracy (but without the spring*) -- except for when you're really gone, but then stuff starts moving backwards anyways, so it's time to let go...

*Metal springs where necessary to keep accurate time for pre-digital clocks. Hey, they even solved that old longitude problem in their day. But maybe time and space are metrics of the past...[

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: Papaver]
    #2966452 - 08/04/04 11:49 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

metal springs you say :smile:

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: notapillow]
    #2966474 - 08/04/04 11:55 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, bright shiney metal springs, in fact, but the metal sping has srpung, and been released from this mortal coil...

--------------------

Offlineiluan
Keep your stickon the ice.
Male User Gallery

Loc: lookin at crazy in the re...
    #2966506 - 08/05/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Walt Disney wrote fantasia while on lsd!

--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!

I do what i can with what i don't have!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: iluan]
    #2966890 - 08/05/04 04:51 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

How do you know that?

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: MOTH]
    #2967029 - 08/05/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know if Walt really did do that but I do know that the animators at Disney most definitely were into Psychedelics...

Take a look at Fantasia 2000. While I think tripping opens gateways to places that certain artists can see without taking drugs, I think it's undeniable in the case of Fantasia 2000. Trippy to the max.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Anonymous

#2967345 - 08/05/04 09:52 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

sox24 said:
Does anyone know any interesting quotes or stories from famous or interesting people about LSD?  Shrooms?  I'm looking for some good stuff here.  I saw on Howard Stern last night that Nicole Richie was talking about doing LSD.  She and Howard talked about it for a couple seconds.  All Howard said was that it last 12 hours and it was too strange, something to that effect.  Howard sounded like he didn't like it too much.  He must have done it in the wrong context or something.  Nicole Richie however was the one who brought it up, and she seemed excited about it.  There are far more interesting people, celebrities out there, have any of them spoken up about their delves into the unknown?

PLAYBOY: Ever take LSD?

GATES: My errant youth ended a long time ago.

PLAYBOY: What does that mean?

GATES: That means there were things I did under the age of 25 that I ended up not doing subsequently.

PLAYBOY: One LSD story involved you staring at a table and thinking the corner was going to plunge into your eye.

GATES: [Smiles]

PLAYBOY: Ah, a glimmer of recognition.

GATES: That was on the other side of that boundary. The young mind can deal with certain kinds of gooping around that I don't think at this age I could. I don't think you're as capable of handling lack of sleep or whatever challenges you throw at your body as you get older. However, I never missed a day of work.

PLAYBOY: Here's the wildest rumor: You once trolled Seattle in a limo looking for hookers.

GATES: No, no, that is not true. A Korean friend of mine in high school rented a limousine one night, and we went to Burger Master. He liked one of the girls there, so he thought it would be fun to pull up in a limousine and leave a big tip at this drive-in place. But that is quite a metamorphosis from this nice hamburger girl to something more lurid. This isn't the rock-and-roll industry. The computer industry doesn't have groupies like rock does.

errant youth... big tip. lol

steve jobs said once about mr. gates that gates' problem was that he (gates) hadn't taken enough acid in college.  :crazy2:

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: ]
    #2967719 - 08/05/04 11:57 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The computer industry is full of user's and ex users.
Bob Wallace(RIP) is a prime example.
I knew Jobs had done acid.
I had heard repeatedly that Bill Gates had done it ,but never saw any confirmation.
Thanks for posting that. :thumbup:

One more celeberty is Jack Nicholson. He took it under Janiger back when it was legal. There are alot of people that have been influenced by psychedelic's.
As John Barlow say's , it's time to stand and be counted.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: iluan]
    #2967734 - 08/05/04 12:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

iluan said:
Walt Disney wrote fantasia while on lsd!

Highly doubtful. First of all, LSD wasn't all that popular in those days. Second, Walt Disney was a bigtime social conservative, who would not be the type likely to have dabbled in mind expansion.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms [Re: chinacat72]
    #2968042 - 08/05/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I grew up in Silicone Valley in the 70's, and cut my teeth on those old S-100 Bus, pre-Apple II, computers, and the computer culture at that time was vastly different then this post-IBM/Windows world we live in now.

Computers were fun then, sort of like the internet used to be fun. There was a sense of the Wild West about it, and limitless possibility; of the dungarees vs. the suits.

Most of the computer geeks at that time were old hippie-types who hung out at meetings like the Home Brew Computer Club and stuff. Former Merry Prankster, Stewart Brand was really into the computer culture, and rumor was, that Nolan Bushnell's early Atari (where Jobs and Wozniak both worked for a while) was an environment saturated in pot smoke...

I watched the whole scene slowly morph into a big corporate game, so that by 1984, I had left the whole scene altogether. I've been watching the same thing happening with the internet, and aside from the Shroomery, and as a research tool, it doesn't really move me anymore either...

I wonder what the next little, short-lived, techie-bohemia will be. I do hope there's another one. Those things are really fun, when they're young -- before they get co-opted by the larger forces of the marketplace...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag