Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemojuice
bored

Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be fine
    #2964115 - 08/04/04 02:16 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, my dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms remain healthy and growing you guys think? I have a pmp in a closet and i think I should have turned off the airpumps but it was early and i forgot. the place is closed from 12-5 and im using a school comp now.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be fine [Re: mojuice]
    #2964193 - 08/04/04 02:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'd take them out, it could kill them and if it doesn't it could leave a residue on them that's poison. If you seal them up in an airtight container I wouldn't worry though. Maybe that's too much precaution, ask someone what would happen if you ate fruit left out during the spraying.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Offlinemojuice
bored

Re: Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be [Re: HerbanShaman]
    #2964249 - 08/04/04 02:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm not sure if they're actually fogging the building or just spraying around. But the pmp is in a closed, locke clost with a sign on it that says "DO NOT SPRAY IN CLOSET OR DRAWERS." They passed out a note asking to remove loose items and such from the floor to make things easier and tha tleads me to believe theyre just spraying around the perimeter of the rooms.

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be [Re: mojuice]
    #2964294 - 08/04/04 02:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Ahhh.. you should be fine. The note is a great idea that should solve your problems. I was under the impression they were fogging the place. The spray shouldn't be a problem, it tends to stay put where its sprayed.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
Re: Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be [Re: mojuice]
    #2964645 - 08/04/04 03:57 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

dont worry... a little poisen never killed anyone!
(ummmm.... well it might have but in this case it wont!)
i've done my service in the IDF as an exterminator... there was a piriod of a couple of months that i used to spray without a gas mask... (foolish i know) but anyway... i've survived! (maybe i'll develope some cancer later but oh well...)

and as far as your grow goes... i'm sure it's fine! even if you left the vent on and there is some poisen on the shroomes... just wash them with water if you feel bad about it but either way it wont harm you!

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Dorms are getting fogged for pests. Will my shrooms be fine [Re: mojuice]
    #2964795 - 08/04/04 04:29 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

a sign like the one you made just creates suspiscion about what's in the closet imo. just seal up the PMP and you should be fine (as long as it is in a rubbermaid or something that's airtight). and simisu, you aren't supposed to wash shrooms cause it is said to decrease potency.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation