Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Will we ever change?
    #2961184 - 08/03/04 05:16 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Please read the following paragraph in order to understand my main question....

The moment we say "right", we've alreadfy implied that there is a "wrong." We've implied dualism.

For those unfamiliar with the term as its being used here, dualism simply refers to the world of left and right, dark and light, good and bad, pure and impure. Its the psycological backdrop for our everyday world of chasing after some things and running away from others, the world in which if you differ from me, then there is something wrong with you ...

And so we continue to choose dualism. And no matter how many shocks we get from touching the big red button of dualism, we continue to do it.

I find it very hard to think that we will ever change. And if we do, that it will be very far down the road.

Is it only when we have lost everything, will we learn anything?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Will we ever change? [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2961193 - 08/03/04 05:18 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Alas.... there is right and wrong.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: Will we ever change? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2961199 - 08/03/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

LOL at the concept of a society based on what is 'right' :lol:

find a definition of the word 'right' that every single person can agree with and you might have a working society...  Good Luck :lol:

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

#2961203 - 08/03/04 05:23 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The beleif of Right and wrong contributes to dualism. Do you think we will ever come to live without dualism?

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Re: Will we ever change? [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2961208 - 08/03/04 05:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The question is "Will we ever change?!"
Cant I get a decent perspective on the thread you decided to look at?
What is this? OTD?

Anyways, Will we change?

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2961209 - 08/03/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I believe so.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #2961210 - 08/03/04 05:27 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Did you mean to post this here? Sounds like a Spirituality and Philosophy forum type of post to me.

Do you want it moved to S&P?

pinky

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2961224 - 08/03/04 05:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Northernsoul said:
The beleif of Right and wrong contributes to dualism. Do you think we will ever come to live without dualism?

No.

There is right. There is wrong.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Loc: i have an STD,its HPPD ...
    #2961270 - 08/03/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

i believe that our society has been condtioned buy our major influeneces, the authorities, the educational, the political, the religious authorities who have attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. You see, culture is part of the unperturbed human mind, we are all conditioned and influenced to be a part of culture. A psychedelic drug can dissolve simplicity of cultural assumption. It is perturbation of the mind and the perturbed mind is a mind in the act of rediscovering the nature that lies outside of culture. So this tension, you might call for lack of a better word, reality actually creates a mental tension and societal constriction, a sort of sub-conscious control. Hallucinogens dissolve cultural coping [with control] and hence have a political charge among them. A political mind, unperturbed, lacks a substitution for social discovery. WE as humans are so low in (mental)evolutionary growth we need "labels" (right and wrong), to be able to grasp the comprehension of the nature of NATURE (life).
we are so enclosed between the walls of narrow conditioning we can't diferrentuate between the nature of nature and the nature of culture.So now, you may be able to discover that culture actually is the thing thats creates the ideal right and wrong, simple estimations of moral conviction to the order of culture, not life. i have a theory, called "the circle theory" (copyright) it is similar to a magnetic grid, it consist of two interconnected sides, a negative and a positive, both sides interact with eachother equally,of course because they are energy feilds,negative energy falls under things (thoughts,actions,etc,) that are not in repour with prospering the order to life,positive energy are things are perfectly in tuned with the order to life (as in nature)..Negativity consumes positvity as positvity,vice versa, for example, If we do not take care of our bodies with cleanliness and health it is prone to desease, infection sickness and ultimately death, if we care for our modules, we grow prosper and have an effect on the negative aspect by not feeding this sort of bacteria that is a part of the whole circle just soley because of the gift of choice, a test? i'll let you decide this, since we as humans have trouble with coping with ideas that are similar to what has been declared.we as humans have the gift of indvidual choice, to ascertain the meaning of life in our short novice lives, or suck it dry and rape it for selfishness/laziness, the lack of meaning in our minds is prone to negativity, the choice to either flow with the water or stand against the current is right here RIGHT NOW...in the end it is your choice.

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: northern soul [Re: Northernsoul]
    #2961279 - 08/03/04 05:58 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

anybody agree with me??????

--------------------
In the dawn my toes are cold They spread their little trinkets on the ground In the hall By the closet door They creep into my bed without sound On a cube In a plastic egg A hundred fabric figures in a pile See them march Toward me And dance across the floor trippily Little faces keep no track of time Little faces speaking out in rhyme Little faces smiling in my mind Tiny doors For walking through sticky fingers clutch forbidden things the phone For talking through Sinking ships On a foamy sea That tumbles from the motion of filthy Little hands In the dark When eyes are wide listen to secrets that I tell In a ball On tiny beds Or beneath them where the shadow people dwell moon Beams split the night Leave bars of yellow pasted on their faces As they drift into a dream

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2961298 - 08/03/04 06:03 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

right and wrong are subjective.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: nra sucks [Re: sillysimon]
    #2961306 - 08/03/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

FUCK CHARLES HESTON! FUCKING MOSES PLAYING FUCK! EAT MY ASS NRA! I will SHOOT you down WITH MY SOUL and karma.... "its easy to kill me, cuz im like the water, sunshine is mine, and YOUR TIME IS OVER!"

--------------------

Offlinesillysimon
PermanentPalinopsia

Re: subjective [Re: sillysimon]
    #2961323 - 08/03/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

harmfully subjective to your mindz

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: subjective [Re: sillysimon]
    #2961398 - 08/03/04 06:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

ok, now you are just rambling.

start making sense.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

InvisibleKingOftheThing
the cool fool
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #2961414 - 08/03/04 06:29 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Quote:

Northernsoul said:

No.

There is right. There is wrong.

you would know best, being that you are wrong 99.9% of the time  :wink: :thumbup:

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Will we ever change? [Re: afoaf]
    #2961431 - 08/03/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Will we ever change? [Re: KingOftheThing]
    #2961433 - 08/03/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The only time I'm wrong is when I think you may make a sensible post.

:grin:

But I don't think that very often.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#2961437 - 08/03/04 06:36 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:

So I've heard.

Of course it's bullshit, but I can see why some might wish it to be so.

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #2961463 - 08/03/04 06:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

afoaf said:

Just because people don't all agree on what is right and what is wrong does not make it subjective.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
Re: Will we ever change? [Re: z@z.com]
    #2961497 - 08/03/04 07:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

But seeing as how noone can use objective truths/facts to prove what is right and what is wrong, it certainly leads to the belief that there is no objective right and wrong.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds