Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Canadian Customers: Sporeworks Shipping Update!
    #2960703 - 08/03/04 05:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Howdie to the Great White North!

This is a quick update to let our Canadian friends and customers know about some updates in our shipping methods and procedures for orders headed up North.

Over the years we've seen with increasing frequency, problems with getting material via standard Air-Mail services to our customers in Canada. We have never had reason to suspect that this is a result of the material or products being shipped, but rather with the general negligence that sometimes is prevalent with Postal Service mail options (both domestically and in Canada), and more recently the updated "Security" measures put in place. We were finding too many packages ended up "missing" with no trace, never reaching the customer. This was frustrating due to the lack of any true tracking data for standard Air-Mail shipments. With our calculations 1 in 10 packages was missing in action and even though this is only a 10% failure rate it is unacceptable for both customer and shipper.

Since these problems have become more frequent we began exploring options for alternative methods. We have been doing some testing with UPS Standard service and have been VERY happy with the results. UPS Standard costs a little bit more for packages of lighter weights, but as packages become heavy (over 4-5lbs) the cost savings in comparison to standard Air-Mail and standard Air-Mail Global Express services is pretty significant. In addition, UPS Canada handles their own customs brokering and clearing fees, which are already paid for (up to $50 in merchandise value) in the shipping fee. UPS Standard also offers the option of a true tracking number so both customer and shipper will know exactly where your package is and what is going on with it. Not to mention 24 hour customer service where you can call to get updates on your package progress!

The trade off will be slightly higher shipping fees for lighter packages, with savings found for those of heavier weight. In return we will be offering a MUCH more reliable shipping service for our Canadian customers with true customer support and tracking options!

As always we welcome your feedback and suggestions and will address any questions or concerns you may have.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Re: Canadian Customers: Sporeworks Shipping Update! [Re: psilocyber]
    #2960763 - 08/03/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Do you ever have problems with syringes getting to us Brits?
It's been three weeks since mine was posted, Mockingbird said it has taken up to six weeks, but this is the first time that I have had anything take more than about ten days to get here from America, and I have had a LOT of parcels from America...

Am I just too impatient?

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
    #2961521 - 08/03/04 09:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yay, finally a vendor that cares about Canada :laugh:

OfflineYahoKa
Just a guy.

Loc: Canadian
    #2961755 - 08/03/04 10:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Good stuff... Now if only the site didn't use Java ... =)

--------------------
Hang on tightly ... and let go lightly.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

Re: Canadian Customers: Sporeworks Shipping Update! [Re: Openminded]
    #2963376 - 08/04/04 09:40 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

We've never really had problems with getting material to you folks on the other side of the pond. In fact, shipments to the UK have been fairly reliable via standard Air-Mail. Private carrier options like UPS, DHL, and FedEx are MUCH more expensive in relationship to air mail.

But, we have seen the same customers order the same goods and receive one shipment in 10 days, but the next one takes over 3 weeks. Air mail services (especially package services) can vary in delivery length. If your sample doesn't come in the next week or so, shoot Mockingbird a note and I'm sure we'll get a fresh replacement shipment out to you ASAP.

YahoKa, We're dumping JAVA at the end of this month. Working on a proprietary ecommerce system and site update as we speak... it's going to be SLICK!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum