Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineOpenminded
Dicotyledon

Loc: England.
Boletus erythropus, I think. Any good? (pics)
    #2960696 - 08/03/04 05:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I went to the golf course looking for libs (none yet, still a bit too hot here I think!), and found this. I'm fairly sure it's a boletus erythropus, I'd just like to get your opinions on that... and do you know if it's any good to eat? I know it's "edible," but is it actually nice? Thanks for any help you can give...
(it was found at the base of a little grassy mound about 1m high, at the base of a tree, but I don't know what type of tree! Golf course soil is kinda sandy... flesh lightly bluing when bruised. Immediate bluing when cut in half, slowly fading to a dirty blue/green. Gills bruise dark blue/black)

There were also some mushrooms that reminded me of psilocybes of some sort. Today was just a quick shufti, I'll go back tomorrow with a bag and collect some, and ask if I can't ID them myself...

:mushroom2:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Boletus erythropus, I think. Any good? (pics) [Re: Openminded]
    #2960790 - 08/03/04 05:26 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

it looks the part and your descripion fits so far, though i do not know if this species occurs in your area. B. erythropus is a definite possibility.

a few things i'd like to know:

what color is the spore print.

are the red colors on the stipe resultant from small granules present [or red hairs]?

is the stipe reticulate [netted pattern]? if so, do the reticulations extend any further than the imediate stipe apex?

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification