Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
kerry supports war on drugs
    #2959894 - 08/03/04 10:47 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"He called for cutting $500 million from the "Star Wars" missile defense system and directing the funds to the war on drugs. He also proposed using military bases slated for closing as detention centers for first-time drug offenders.

USA Today: Kerry profile
Yeah, that's right......He voted to take $500 million dollars from the DoD and ADD it to the War on Drugs.

Then he suggested using those closed military bases for DETENTION CENTERS for FIRST TIME drug offenders.

NORML gives Kerry a thumbs up for medical mj, and a middle ground for the other 3 catergories. You'd think he'd do better for a guy who "ALWAYS votes agains the drug war".

And here is what Kerry's Official website says:

"In the United States Senate, he was an early advocate of laws that cracked down on international drug dealers and money laundering"

"John Kerry proposals to protect police and protect communities includes.... addressing prescription drug abuse" (You remember the issue of presciption drug abuse programs don't you First-timer. You think they are totally wrong, nut your boy Kerry wants to make them a PRIORITY)

And listed under Kerry's PRIORITIES section:

To help tackle the problem of diverting prescription drugs, John Kerry will work to support an electronic prescription monitoring program that will provide medical licensing boards and law enforcement agencies the tools they need to address prescription drug abuse. Kerry will also work to identify individuals who are ?doctor shopping? and reduce the amount of prescription drugs obtained through those practices. Kerry will also provide funding for coordinated regional efforts aimed at cracking down on drug trafficking.

Kerry?s neighborhood prosecutor program will assign prosecutors to specific communities where they work closely with residents to combat crimes that have a detrimental effect on quality of life, like drug activity, noise violations, vandalism, and loitering.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: kaiowas]
    #2959935 - 08/03/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kerry?s neighborhood prosecutor program will assign prosecutors to specific communities where they work closely with residents to combat crimes that have a detrimental effect on quality of life, like drug activity, noise violations, vandalism, and loitering.

whoever ends up being my 'neighborhood prosecutor' better have his fucking hand out. Otherwise, he might end up at the bottom of a lake somewhere...

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2959957 - 08/03/04 11:14 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

We are at war, and he wants to divert money from the military and use that money to attack the freedoms of US Citizens. That is priceless. He really has his priorities in order.

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2959961 - 08/03/04 11:16 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

And its funny that most people here of all places rave about voting for him this fall. :crazy:

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2959963 - 08/03/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

The major candidates support the drug war?! :eek:

News Flash:

Quote:

A 1998 poll of voters conducted by the Family Research Council found that eight of ten respondents rejected the legalization of drugs like cocaine and heroin, with seven out of ten in strong opposition.  Moreover, when asked if they supported making these drugs legal in the same way that alcohol is, 82 percent said they opposed legalization.  Similarly, a 1999 Gallup poll found that 69 percent of Americans oppose the legalization of marijuana.[19] A recent study by the Chicago Council on Foreign Affairs found that the American public consider drug abuse the third biggest problem facing our country today.[20]

http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v99/n636/a02.html

if most of america supports the WOD, of COURSE the major candidates will as well.  That's kind of the idea behind a representative democracy. Don't be ridiculous.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #2959971 - 08/03/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

christ... aparently everyones gotta read it in the papers... I've said it plenty of times that he's all for the WOD...

Quote:

its about time that someone did something about the soaring crime rates
how can a person live in society with these peoblems :tounge

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2959973 - 08/03/04 11:22 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

"whoever ends up being my 'neighborhood prosecutor' better have his fucking hand out. Otherwise, he might end up at the bottom of a lake somewhere... "

I don't think THAT would go over too well in cali. especially in the area I used to live with all the gang violence. people don't even talk to their neighbors over there, too many bars on their windows because of people running into each other's houses and gunning people down, not to mention theives.

from all the drive by shootings, to domestic vioence, drugs is usually at the bottom of police's agenda. Like I could walk down the street and smoke a blunt in front of a cop in Pittsburg (yes pittsburg, cali) wave at them, and they'll normally smile and wave back. now that's progress

back ontopic, it's just intersting to note that kerry is like bush, he just has a different mask on.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleStein
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: Tao]
    #2959983 - 08/03/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Eight of ten respondants, boy you sure got America all summed up.  Great job! and end of thread everyone :thumbup:

Edited by Stein (08/03/04 11:38 AM)

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: Stein]
    #2960043 - 08/03/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry, do you want me to find more data for this obvious fact (yes, that was just the first one i came across)? Do you believe that the majority of americans support the legalization of cocaine, heroin or even fucking marijuana?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#2960088 - 08/03/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

I really wouldn't trust polls that is given by the media because most of the time, the amount of people isn't enough.  it's like they judge the entire coutnry based on 1000 people which is not enough.  My political science teacher last year told all of us not to trust polls because he used to work in them and most of the time, they are rigged to say a certain thing that their contributors want them to say.

how wouldn't the majority of people think marijuana shouldn't be lagalized.

half of this country doesn't vote :lol:

--------------------

OfflineJesusChrist
Son Of God
    #2960090 - 08/03/04 12:25 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Saying that most Americans don't support legalization of drugs is not tantamount to saying that most Americans would support diverting military funds in a time of war to go after drug users, especially perscription drug abuse.

I don't know much about perscription drug abuse. I took my wife's left over painkillers when I had the flu. I floated off to sleep in what could have been a restless night. Color me hard core criminal! You can't stop me!

--------------------
Tastes just like chicken

OfflineTao
Village Genius

#2960134 - 08/03/04 12:42 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Then show me a poll that's been 'rigged' to show otherwise.

My point is that i grow tired of the "Kerry supports the WOD" threads/posts

a) So does the other choice MR. W

b) Of course he does when that's what the vast majority of citizens believe.

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2960143 - 08/03/04 12:45 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Dude, my fucking whole generation if on drugs, once these old dinosaurs die out. It is us, the party animals, ravers, potheads and tripped out motherfuckers who will take over.

The fucked up thing is that our recent presidants used drugs in the past and then crack down on them. You know the expression, once a (imput drug here)-head allways a (drug)-head? Well, I'm sure they cut down but don't quit before they come into office. WE KNOW CLINTON INHALED!

Anyways, the war on drugs is superficial, like shaving your balls. It risks making blood and there really is no point to it. The war on drus is national vanity.

It is the old geezer and religious idiots making life hard for all of us. Then there are the drug dealers and officials who together WANT THE DRUGS ILLEAGAL! Why? because it's easy money as long as it's illegal.

Prohibitions on drugs cause an underground market.
This underground market increases other crimes ie:

Drug grower gets a pound of blueberry robbed from his house during a B and E amongst other valuables (tv, computer, games, etc.).
This dealer can't call the cops, the only way he can protect himself from future robbery is to go out and gun down the fucks who stole his shit and try to take it back. Either that or do nothing.

If drugs were legal, this dude could call the police and tell him the deal. Then the Po would help to protect him (somewhat) and possibly get his shit back.

OfflinePuZuZu
Board Bum
 User Gallery

Loc: Idaho (USA)
    #2960153 - 08/03/04 12:48 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

well he's a fucktard for it. we need change in this craphole.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2960164 - 08/03/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Badnarik

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #2960168 - 08/03/04 12:53 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TaoTeChing said:

Oh, so we're holding ourselves to the standards of that fucktard? :rolleyes:

Quote:

You know, politicians are allowed to have balls, even if most don't.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineMAGnum
veteran

#2960201 - 08/03/04 01:02 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Why do Americans fall for this "two party system" BULLSHIT! Damn, political parties are a form of corruption and the truth is they both the major parties suck!

There are really MANY choices in candidates, but the two major parties have somehow undermined the other parties. Poeple feel as if thier vote is wasted on "third party" votes. They also feel as if anything but Dem or Republican is illegitamate! WHAT A COCK OF SHIT!!

There should be no parties.

As soon as America wakes up and realizes that ANYONE can be president, not just some rich bitch who doesn't care about you, then we have something going.

People won't realize this till all of our rights are systematically taken away.

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: MAGnum]
    #2960239 - 08/03/04 01:15 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Dude, my fucking whole generation if on drugs,

Even if that is true, my entire point is that that is NOT the majority of the electorate.

Quote:

It is us, the party animals, ravers, potheads and tripped out motherfuckers who will take over.

That's what the hippies thought, but by all means, keep up the activism.

As for the rest of your post, seriously, youre preaching to the fucking choir. I'm more outspoken for ending drug prohibition than about anyone I really know. and yes, i mean in RL

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: silversoul7]
    #2960255 - 08/03/04 01:21 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

silversoul7 said:
Quote:

TaoTeChing said:

Oh, so we're holding ourselves to the standards of that fucktard? :rolleyes:

my point is that its not like there is a viable alternative at this point in the race .

Quote:

Quote:

You know, politicians are allowed to have balls, even if most don't.

It's not about having balls, its about the fact that in order to be in that position of being one of the two major candidates, one by definition is not going to have extremist ideologies.  in other words, in response to this thread "no duh"

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Re: kerry supports war on drugs [Re: MAGnum]
    #2960265 - 08/03/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MAGnum said:
Why do Americans fall for this "two party system" BULLSHIT!

In order to avoid having a party with minority support win the election because others with closer ideologies split their votes.

Quote:

There are really MANY choices in candidates,

Including in the democratic primaries where Kucinich opposed the Drug War.

Quote:

Poeple feel as if thier vote is wasted on "third party" votes.

That's because it is true if you see much of a difference between the two parties and the votes for the third party candidate took away necessary votes for your second-choice candidate resulting in the election of your third (or even farther down) choice candidate.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order