Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRadcon
ConsistantlyConfused

colonizing question
    #2952040 - 08/01/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

SWIM Noticed his jars were colonizing well, except at the last like 1/4" of the jar top. It is light colored white, not contam just as if it were colonized sparingly at the top 1/4" if that makes sense. So should I go ahead and fruit or wait another week?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineVesicaP
Get ER Done

Loc: Here and Now
Re: colonizing question [Re: Radcon]
    #2952047 - 08/01/04 01:45 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I'd flip the jar and loosen the rings a little. Wait a day or two see if anything has improved. If not, birth.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
    #2952051 - 08/01/04 01:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

loosen the tops a little for airflow and see what happens. how long have the jars been colonizing?

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

Invisiblemycopsycho
Tit Inspector.
Male
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Going Nowhere Fast
Re: colonizing question [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2952068 - 08/01/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

why would he flip the jar? it's not colonizing on top not the bottom

--------------------
I Am The Sickness.

Diploid: I think adults have a right to make stupid decisions and it's nobody else's fucking business.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2952077 - 08/01/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Birth them babys and cut the funny part off.Then dunk and roll them!

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

OfflineRadcon
ConsistantlyConfused

Re: colonizing question [Re: mycopsycho]
    #2955954 - 08/02/04 11:11 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

They have been colonizing for 3 weeks today. Should SWIM dunk them? SWIM got the jars from mike o'logical if it makes a difference.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#2956137 - 08/02/04 12:16 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I always dunk birth cakes for atleast an hour sometimes more depends on how hard(dry) they are.

But that is my cookie and it works for me.

besides I always get great flushes with dunking

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: colonizing question [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #2956169 - 08/02/04 12:24 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
I always dunk birth cakes for atleast an hour sometimes more depends on how hard(dry) they are.

But that is my cookie and it works for me.

besides I always get great flushes with dunking

Don't know if you realize this but dunking for an hour has no benefit what so ever. :wink: BTW Did someone actually suggest that to you (1hr.)? Anyway lets all stay on the same page for the sake of the newbies :wink: said with all respects Fucknuckle :wink: I'm assuming that was a typo.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: colonizing question [Re: hyphae]
    #2956239 - 08/02/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Actually It does but yeah your right in one respect I would be better if we all try to stay close to the same page.

I do alot of experiments to find what works best for me and yes if you take a birthed caked and dunk it for an hour it will make a difference.

If you dunk a cake untill it is starting to get mushy then you are running the real chance of containments. Sometimes not until the second or third flush.
On one experiment I took 12 cakes  dunking each an hour different, first 1 hour and last 12 hour respectivly. Then allowing them to flush twice I cut them open. What I found was the cakes that were dunk for 10 or more hours showed signs of myc. die off inside. Also when I did the same expermiment at 12-24 hours dunks  almost all of the cakes showed signs of die off inside after the second flush. and 2 of them just plain out got contimated after the first flush.

Now I'm not saying all these years of advice are wrong DUNKING IS THE SHIT

My experiments have shown me that to much water is bad. Even if you cannot see it. I will say I have never had a cake that was dunk for 24 hours fruit like a pincushin. But cakes that are givin less time always fruit like mad  for me and for 6-8 flushes sometimes more.

anyway I kinda new here so mabey I sould keep some of my ideas to myself :crazy:
Later

--------------------

OfflineRadcon
ConsistantlyConfused

#2959720 - 08/03/04 09:54 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for sharing you knowledge with me. Another question for ya then too, should SWIM fan out the rubbermaid fruiting chamber once a day or more often?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #2959986 - 08/03/04 11:33 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fucknuckle said:
Actually It does but yeah your right in one respect I would be better if we all try to stay close to the same page.

I do alot of experiments to find what works best for me and yes if you take a birthed caked and dunk it for an hour it will make a difference.

If you dunk a cake untill it is starting to get mushy then you are running the real chance of containments. Sometimes not until the second or third flush.
On one experiment I took 12 cakes  dunking each an hour different, first 1 hour and last 12 hour respectivly. Then allowing them to flush twice I cut them open. What I found was the cakes that were dunk for 10 or more hours showed signs of myc. die off inside. Also when I did the same expermiment at 12-24 hours dunks  almost all of the cakes showed signs of die off inside after the second flush. and 2 of them just plain out got contimated after the first flush.

Now I'm not saying all these years of advice are wrong DUNKING IS THE SHIT

My experiments have shown me that to much water is bad. Even if you cannot see it. I will say I have never had a cake that was dunk for 24 hours fruit like a pincushin. But cakes that are givin less time always fruit like mad  for me and for 6-8 flushes sometimes more.

anyway I kinda new here so mabey I sould keep some of my ideas to myself :crazy:
Later

6-8 flushes on a cake? That is not possible unless flushes were extremely small or you use some kind of super time released nutes in that cake. You would be the first grower I've meet to get that many flushes from a cake and I know hundreds of growers. Now are you talking 1qt. cakes or the average 1/2pt.? What do you think the optimum dunk time is? I've  always dunked 24hrs. and cakes are always very firm still. We've done many tests at 2,4,8,12,24,36 and 48hrs. and theres been an increase in yield up to 24hrs. We're not going to take our results and second/third dunks and throw them away just yet! although I will see if the guys want to do side by sides but first i'll need to exactly replicate your situation as to how you get those results, if you want? Otherwise we've tested dunking quite a bit already and would hate to waste any time where it could be spent on other research, I myself would like to kick this around again if you are serious at all. :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom