Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinexenophile
Stranger
a story involving mushrooms and hyperspace
    #2958385 - 08/03/04 12:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If anyone cares, I have an idea for a story that I would love to get feedback on....
The Main character (we?ll call him J for lack of a name for the time being) is an entheogenisist ( one who studies the use of psychedelic plant ?based substances and their effects on the brain and consciousness) who becomes mixed up with modern day high tech pirates.
These pirates, like those in the days of old, are actual sea-farers but with state-of-the-art boats; mini-yachts, speed-boats, etc. all with GPS jammers, high-tech cloaking devices & other strategies to avoid detection by the authorities of international waters.
These pirates are anarchists who inhabit a network of small islands in the high seas. These islands are home to a very eclectic mix of refugees, renegades, displaced tribal people, hackers on the run, utopian hippy types, Dischordians, ?ecoterrorists? (environmental activists) laying low, escaped political prisoners, etc. Rather than robbing ships of gold, they are involved in data piracy (pun intended) and other e-commerce crimes, but always from the filthy rich only. They also play creative hacking-pranks (ones that only victimize evil big corporations and other destructive institutions, never individual citizens) and organize protests and such.
Anyway, one day the main character J is in one of the mini-yacht type boats way out in the ocean and he sets the cruise control (there would be no need to steer for about 9 hours anyway). He takes mushrooms and sits on deck to meditate. He enters a particular mind frame with a particular type of closed-eye visuals when a life-changing event occurs. He sails within radar range of the coast guard or some other military group. As a result he is captured and goes to jail for piracy.
When in jail he has plenty of time to think. It is from his cell that he narrates the whole story up to that point. He also has plenty of time to read and he reads up on cutting edge physics, that is Hyperspace theory and the so-called ?many worlds? interpretaton of quantum physics. What this means is that for every possible outcome of every action there is a universe in which each event does actually happen. So if you flip a coin there is one universe in which it lands heads-up and another universe in which it lands tails-up. As human beings with limited consciousness, we are only aware of one or the other universe.
As comic-book-sci-fi as it may sound, this multi-worlds hypothesis has a respectable and well-developed basis in which J explains in his narration. J gets an idea; what if somehow he can displace his awareness from the universe in which he ends up in jail to the universe next door where he didn?t end up in jail? He has mushrooms smuggled into jail and there he takes the mushrooms and while sitting in meditation he enters the same particular mind-frame that he was in right before he was captured. He so closely associates himself with that mind-frame and so vividly imagines the feel of the ocean air and the bobbing of the waves and the deck of the boat that when he opens his eyes he finds himself on the boat. He immediately turns off the cruise control and turns the boat around. Thus he never enters within radar range of the authorities and therefore never goes to jail!
Pervading the whole story is an ambient theme? one that is never clear until the very end. This theme involves the blackness of deep space, the dark-purple to black spores of the mushrooms, ultra-violet light, spores, deep violet visuals, spores traveling from one solar system to another to seed the galaxy, florescent spores glowing under black light, etc.
In the end it becomes apparent that magic mushroom spores came from space. The spores reflect ultra-violet rays (that?s why they can survive inter-stellar travel) and germinate the galaxy by growing on inhabitable planets and releasing spores into the sky which then float up to space and spread through space to other planets. The spores also glow florescent under a black light and, when one is altered by mushrooms, one can see the UV light the spores give off.
Anyway, that?s the story. I made it up years ago but now it seems there are a few films in which a character experiences weird time loops or can jump from one possible universe to an alternate one, so it may seem a bit trendy to write this story. What do you think?
~ Justin Case

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: a story involving mushrooms and hyperspace [Re: xenophile]
    #2958593 - 08/03/04 01:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Go for it! You can't lose anything by trying. Just do your research. I'm currently writing a novel right now that involves influences from my psychedelic experiences with mushrooms.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: a story involving mushrooms and hyperspace [Re: xenophile]
    #2962593 - 08/04/04 01:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Boo :thumbdown:

I liked the first half, but the climax is gay (no offense to gay people). It also reminds me too much of Butterfly effect.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: a story involving mushrooms and hyperspace [Re: Murex]
    #2963078 - 08/04/04 05:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The best part about writing a book is that it can take a direction you never anticipated.  :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media