Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKarizma
Stranger

Warning to aucklanders
    #2958123 - 08/02/04 11:32 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Usually, I would be minding my own business, on my hands and knees searching for subs around parks and reserves without a care in the world about other people... if they ask what im doing I reply and sometimes end up having a conversation with random adults and the such about what im doing..
But today was different, I went out for a early morning walk to my favorite patch, picked about 100 decent looking subs and was about to be on my way..the next thing i know im being stopped by officers 100m down the road asking if i have any illegal material on me... i cooperated and took my oversized paper bag full of subs out of my bag, handed it over and proceeded to be arrested for possesion of class A drugs** which suprised me to hear.. that the naturally growing mushroom is now A class (is it?! or have i been tricked)
Im sure A class is purley manufactured drugs such as LSD synthesis and Oil from marijuana.
anyways... I was cooped up at the hendy popo' station all day awaiting my conviction.. and ended up getting bailed and charged a hefty fine.
I guess today wasn't my day.. huh.. hehe, oh well.. this is just a warning to any aucklanders out there who are still hunting about..be on the look out for anyone suspiciously talking on the phone while watching you pick..this is the first time all season and hopefully the last..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Warning to aucklanders [Re: Karizma]
    #2958139 - 08/02/04 11:37 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Wow, sorry to hear that news....

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2958151 - 08/02/04 11:42 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

At this link there is no information regarding the legality of mushrooms in your country:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_law.shtml

I will look some more...

Invisibleshroomydan
exshroomerite
 User Gallery

Loc: In the woods
    #2958184 - 08/02/04 11:54 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Sorry to here about your situation man. Its always best to hunt as inconspicuosely as possible. The law is the law no matter how unjust it is, and the cops will arrest you if someone calls them.

I hope things work out for you.

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2958185 - 08/02/04 11:54 PM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Here is a link with information about the mushroom laws in Australia:

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/magic_mushrooms_aunz/magic_mushrooms_aunz4.shtml#17

It says: While each Australian state has enacted legislation controlling these psychoactive substances and their analogues, only one state, Queensland, has declared a specific mushroom, Psilocybe cubensis (Earle) Singer, as being a prohibited "plant" under the Queensland Health Act of l937-l971. Intoxications from the consumption of Psilocybe cubensis were reported as early as l958. Dr. Malcolm C. Hall, formerly of the Canberra Commonwealth Police Force, noted that psilocybine and psilocine were also listed as Schedule 3 drugs in the Tasmanian Dangerous Drugs Order of l965. He pointed out that both of these chemicals were later designated as Schedule l drugs by the International Convention on Psychotropic Substances of l971.

OfflineOOISI
Nothingness
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.Australia
    #2959110 - 08/03/04 07:17 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

man, i feel so sorry for you :frown: :frown: :frown:.

and as for the nosey fucker who called the P.O's on you, i hope they get rammed by a big flaming faggot (if there male), im sorry, but i just HATE people like that.

how bigs the fine?

Edited by OOISI (08/03/04 09:04 AM)

InvisibleReverend_Jim_Jones
Stranger
Re: Warning to aucklanders *DELETED* [Re: Karizma]
    #2959221 - 08/03/04 09:17 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

Post deleted by Reverend_Jim_Jones

Reason for deletion: Suspect / stupid folks like Hughbie Doobie - "Anywho, I reckon it'd be fun to have a big Shroomery hunting entourage some time actually during the season. Anybody else who's game post here, then when we know what's happening, we can do the whole exchange of phone numbers, and finally a time and place for a meeting. "

Edited by Reverend_Jim_Jones (08/03/04 11:06 AM)

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Warning to aucklanders [Re: Reverend_Jim_Jones]
    #2959229 - 08/03/04 09:22 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

that's almost as bad as all the reports of american cultivation busts where they incororated substrate weights into the weight of the mushrooms taken in [and figured wet weights for the 1/8oz. *doses*] and reporters claimed that people growing mushrooms for consumption where growing for large scale distribution. this may help explain why every mushroom bust i've heard about in the us in the last year was claimed to be the "biggest on record" or some similar.

i guess most of that is just bad press reporting though.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Anonymous

#2959251 - 08/03/04 09:35 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

It really is a shame. People drinking and smoking themselves to death, and it's perfectly legal. But pick or grow a few mushrooms for consumption and your up shit creek. I for the life of me, will never understand why government can tell us what we can and what we can not put in our bodies. But that's a discussion for Politics, Activism and Law.

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
    #2959709 - 08/03/04 11:52 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

shit bro, sorry to hear you got burned! im surprised you didn't know that shrooms were class A here man...i know it doesn't make sense but neither do most drug laws...
anyway i guess its too late for you now but advice for you in the future and any other nz shroom pickers reading this - be careful!!! especially when picking in town or at well-known patches, the cops do keep a look out on them from time to time.
i've heard first-hand reports of cops using horses and motorcycles to catch shroom pickers red-handed in some larger patches, and here in dunedin several of the around-town popular patches the cops left leaflets in all of the surrounding residents homes saying if they see anyone picking shrooms to call the cops immediatley.
so pretty much be as discreet as possible and keep an eye out for people watching. try to have an alaby for wandering around - theres plenty of things you can think of if you try.
and Karizma - my sympathy goes out to you man...this sort of shit is just the modern equivalent of witch burning...totally inhumane bullshit! fuck the law!

Invisiblezee_werp
a fractalcreature
 User Gallery

Loc: Aotearoa
Re: Warning to aucklanders [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2959729 - 08/03/04 11:58 AM (13 years, 23 days ago)

oh and by the way GG, australian law means nothing here in NZ...while we have some of the same laws, they are in no way joined or the same. i've seen a few cases of people getting convicted here in NZ for things that they thought were legal because they were legal in aussie, but no mr.judge doesn't take that as an excuse so i just thought i'd clear that up.

www.legislation.govt.nz has our laws. anyone interested can click on statutes then go down to misuse of drugs act.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification