Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in
should i?
    #2957915 - 08/02/04 10:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i've never used any psychodelic drug (infact the only drug i've taken so far is weed) but i'm gonna start a grow soon (for a friend and for me) i always wanted to hellucinate but i'm afraid i'll get too intospective and freak cuz i havn't been well balanced lately...
been thinking alot and i can't say i'm satesfied with the way i am right now (having no job and nothing to do and i dont seem to WANT to do anything...)

so... would it be a good idea to refrain my self from shrooms till i "sort" my self out or would i enjoy it anyway?

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: should i? [Re: Simisu]
    #2957931 - 08/02/04 10:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

its up to you. it could make things worse, or it could make them better!!! its all in your mind. good luck with whatever you choose

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2958171 - 08/02/04 11:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I find that even if I haven't been having the best week, if I spend a few days before the trip meditating and contemplating, focusing on only positive things, the trip goes wonderfully and I work through alot of issues. 

I guess the classic answer is:  Know your mind. 

Just remember to try and have a good, compassionate trip sitter your first time, if you are worried.  :sun:

Offlinesongi_tester
songi tester

#2958333 - 08/03/04 12:38 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well psychadelics are cool. I don't see why you should be afraid to take them if you have researched about it. The first time I had taken shrooms I was skeptical. I had never done any other drug besides weed.
I recommend clearing your mind of any negative occurences before tripping on psychadelics. This is because of the "Bad Trips" that may occur. If you do have a bad trip, just tell yourself its just the drug and it should ware down in a few minutes. Give it a try and if you don't like it, don't do it anymore.

OfflinePhishgrrl
Walking in thetall trees...
 User Gallery

#2958750 - 08/03/04 02:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I think if you're afraid, like others have said, you need to work on it a bit beforehand.  Read a really nice spiritual book, something by Thich Nhat Hanh, for instance, or Conversations with God to prime yourself for a great trip.  Have fun and good luck with your grow. :smile:

--------------------
Once in awhile you can get shown the light

In the strangest of places if you look at it right...

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: should i? [Re: Phishgrrl]
    #2959170 - 08/03/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

thanks everyone...

I'm not afraid of having a "bad trip" I'm more afraid of thinking stuff that i don't want to think... it's hard to explain without getting too personal... i guess you know what i mean though...

i imagine it like starting to trip and having a good time but then a thought creeps into mind and i  can't let it go and i get confused and maybe afraid (i really fear death for example and i wouldn't want to start thinking about THAT when I'm on shrooms)

meditation has been helping me with alot lately so that might be a good idea :smile:

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2959171 - 08/03/04 08:42 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

most definately dont' do shrooms right now, just my adivce.  do some inner work at first.  the shrooms will force you to look at yourself (if you're introspective) and if things aren't going the way your ego wants them to go, then you could have a negative trip.  be happy and in balance wheny ou take them, and the shrooms will amplify that to you.

you want the mirror to be clean before you take a look at it, ya know what I mean?

:laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: should i? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2959193 - 08/03/04 08:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

yeah i know...
but the problame is i think i know everything there is to know about my self by now (i've had about 8 months to think about it... i put down my gaurd and tried to see what i'm all about)
and yet... i can't find the things that'll make ME "happy" and i still dont know what it is that I want!

in other words the mirror is clean but i dont know how to fix my hair :smile:

--------------------

Offlinefatalerror
ass asscott
Female User Gallery

#2960122 - 08/03/04 02:40 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

First off: No job, dont want to do anything, sounds like you are smoking a lot of weed :laugh:
I found myself to be the same way around the time I did shrooms... My first time doin em, I did 4g's of good cubes. Wow. After the trip, I had realized what was wrong with my life, what I wanted in my life, and how to get their. I can't be happier now. As weed is quite an unmotivational (is that a word?) drug, I find shrooms to be quite the opposite. just remember, on shrooms, there is nothing to worry about! Nothing is gonnna happen to you, especially if you have a sober sitter. It could be a very valuable experience, just dont be afraid of it.
just my .02
Dan

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: should i? [Re: fatalerror]
    #2961450 - 08/03/04 08:43 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I understand exactly what you're talking about. I can say that I have had visions which deal with my own insecurities. You have to go into it with ideas that are counter to your insecurities. For instance, I have a problem with my weight. Everyone around me thinks that's not really a issue for me. So.. going into the journey make sure you go about making rational stabs at destroying your ghosts. But beware, you'll be treading on the thin line between a good and bad trip. Self-discipline will be of utmost importance and you must be 100% ready for the experience. Meditate on the issue until you come to a positive resolution that you have faith in and can push into your worldview later. Don't contradict yourself or reality and focus on the positive. Surround the issue with other sure thing positives. If you are looking for things to make you happy, then maybe you should evaluate your sense of happyness. What limits your happiness, and are those things important enough to get hung up on. I have overcome deep depression by putting things into perspective. If you're ready for the changes I think you can do it, but you are the only one who can know when you are ready for certain.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2963903 - 08/04/04 01:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

i understand what you mean, but the thing here is that, maybe you are depending on reality to make yourself happy. if you do that, you're gonna feel pretty disappointed most of the time because reality rrely goes the way our ego wants it to. sure you can find flashes of pleasure in manipulating reality to fit your desires, but not one person has found true happiness.

many of us are unhappy because we are trying to find enough security, sex, pleasant sensations, ego rushes, prestige, money, power and status. this struggle yields lives of constant resentment, worry, suspicion, anger, jealousy, shyness, and fear. most people tell themselves tjeu must do to be happy ends up yielding more frustration than joy. the more sucessful a person is in making money, collective skills and possessions, aquring knowledge and degrees, and achieving positions of status, power, and prestige, the less loving peaceful, and contented they may find themselves.

And yet it is not these things in and of themselves that create an unhappy life, it is the internal mental feeling about the desires for them that minute by minute keeps one from enjoying life 99% of the time. Addictions (or emotional backed demands) bring fear of non-fullfillment; jealousy that someone may steal our source of fullfillment, anger when someone twarts us; cynicism if constantly undersupplied; paranoia if constantly threatened; boredom if we're making no progress towards statisfying our addictions (emotional backed demands); worry if we can't see the steady supply; anxiety if we;re worried about being worried; and unhappiness when the outside world does not supply is with whatever we are addicted to. since commons snese tells us that the way things go in life is that you win some and you lose some, an addicted person has no chance of living a happy life over 90% of the time( ie being loving, peaceful, wise and effective.) And the addictive programming is not necessary to find and enjoy that which we prefer in life.

we will be ready for this type of growth into a constant supply of happiness when you realize the utter futility of trying to live a beautiful life by your efforts to rearrange or change the world of people and things outside of you to fit your emotional backed demands. we will find time and again, that you have to rearrange your own personal responses to life situations...things that we learned in our childhood that was nessary so we survive in our younger years.

as we start growing, we will find that we have always had enough to be happy. it is the patters in our heads that make us unhappy, although we tend to blame the pole and conditions outside of us for our unhappiness.

this does not require you to detach yourself from your present life. serenity can be used most efficiently if we stay with our current business and personal life. once we understand this system thoroughly, you won't need a teacher. our lives will be the best teacher for we will discover that we are always putting ourselves in learning situtions that are ideal for growth. the programming that we must changew has an unerring way of putting us into life situations that can make us aware of the exact inner work we need to do. this will add to the enjoyment of life all around.

think of all the energy we put now into the up and down hour by hour coping with our feelings will contiually trying to rearrange the people and situations in our lives so that we can be loving, effective, and happy. and yet year by year our quest may be as elusive as ever. since almost everyone around us has trouble in boming happy 95% of the time, we may have lowered our standards and decided that continuous happiness is probably not realistic. let's get rid of this notion and up our standards, after all, we are worth it!

Most of us assume that our desires (backed up by emotional feelings) are true guides to doing the things that will make us happy. but yet no one has yet to find happiness by using emotional backed demands as guides. flashes of pleasure...sure, happiness...no.

our wants and desires are so seductive...they are thought of as needs that must be satisfied so we can be happy at last. we tell ourselves "if I can jsut become president of this compnay, or if I jsut make this much money, I will be happy." It is fine to aquire these positions, and to aquire money, but it may be misleading to expect it to bring us peace, love and happiness. "if only..." so we search for these external situations, we trust in them, but we all know life doesn't go our way half of the time.

our negative emotions are a misleading result of an extensive pattern of scars we have experienced. again, uhhappines through repetition. we haven't had the chance yet to understand and love on a continuous basis..so we think it's not possible. it is how we have dealt with emotions that lead us to percieve differences that make us uptight, instead of similarities that enable us to understand and love. we percive other people and situations as threats when we rely on the external world and situations for our happiness. we respond with adrenaline, faster heartbeat, increase in blood sugar, and other jungle survival responses that prepare us for fight or flight.

think about some of the threatening situations you have felt in the last day or two. are you going to lose your job? is the person for whom you feel the most love paying attention to somone else than you? do you have unpaid bills that you cannot take care of? now these problems euther have solutions or they don't. either you can do something about them now, or you can't. if you can do something about it, then do it, even if it's jsut a first step. don't dwell on the situation, yes think about it, but not dwell, this doesn't lead to getting th problem fixed. if you are in the process of fixing it, but it'll take some time, stop dwelling while you're doing it. if you are doing what you can, then feeling negative about it doesn't help, it just hurts your mind, the body, and possibly the situation. you energy will be drained when you are worried or axious about a problem. do what you can do, but don't be addicted to the results or else you will creat more worry. if you can't do anything about it right now, then why make yourself uncomfartable about it, save that energy for when you CAN do something about it. these negative emotions in non life threatening situations jsut lowers insight and effectiveness of our actions.

if you do not hassel yourself emotionally when the outside world doesn't fit your demads (as it often does) you will be much more joyous, and really appreciate each moment of you life. we need to learn to flow with the people and things around us, because after all, we are all different, and no one is going to conform jsut for you. since we are conscious beings, the only thing we need to find happiness in life is to perceive clealy who we are, and what exactly are the real conditions. in order to do this, we need to do some inner work, and this can only be truley done through repetition.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

InvisibleChronic7
 User Gallery

#2964058 - 08/04/04 02:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You may get a few insights on your trip or on the come down and feel like your life is worthless, just remember your always learning about yourself trying to find yourself and everythings an experience.

Personally even when im depressed i have good trips, as long as you know your always in control.

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#2964469 - 08/04/04 03:27 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

wow... kaiowas...
you almost sound like a preacher :smile:

i fully understand what you mean... that's kinda what i meant when i said i think i know everything there is to know about my self already... meaning that YES i used to depend on everyone alse but my self!
i never had to makeup my mind about anything... except food i guess :smile:
i never had a choice... i was used to let circomstance guide me insted of ME

there is no point to living i think and all we can do is make the best of it...
my problame i guess is fear/lazziness/unimaginativness (is that a word LOL) and it's harder to let all the fear go grit my teeth and put an effort in something rather then not.. it's a struggle to change like that but a good one!
otherwise i wont ever be content with anything!

i find independance very hard to cope with (which is fucking weird becouse thats all i ever wanted... or thought i did anyway!)
but i guess being productive comes with expiriance... i just dont know where to start..

from what i know about tripping it's real important to have the feeling that everything will be ok and "accept" everything
and if i approach it as one seeking insight it probably won't mess me up too much if i encounter something i didn't want to!
i think i'll do it when the time comes!
still got a while though...

thanks for all the replays!
anymore comments are always welcome :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #2964698 - 08/04/04 04:08 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

If you are on anti-depressents.....you definetly shouldn't trip....from what i've heard...someone may be able to prove me wrong....but from what i gather its a really bad idea to have any "trip" if you are on anti-depressent medication

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: should i? [Re: Boom]
    #2964973 - 08/04/04 05:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

did ANYONE mention anti-depressent drugs?

--------------------

InvisibleBoom
Supervisor
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #2965593 - 08/04/04 09:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

no...im just sayin if...IF....thatd be bad.....jeez sorry

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: should i? [Re: Boom]
    #2965721 - 08/04/04 09:50 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

humm.... didn't really wanted to sound aggressive... sorry it came out that way!
i just hate when people derail threads with stuff that has nothing to do with the post!

--------------------

OfflineSamhainJ
I wanna rock out, in my dreams
Loc: USA
    #2970829 - 08/06/04 03:50 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

when you eat mushrooms you never really know what is going to happen, and what your mind is going to throw at you. when i was a young teen i did alot of shit that i am not proud of, and recently( about 3 months ago) i ate some really strong shrooms and in the middle of my trip my brain unlocked a memory that i hadnt thought about in a long time and it fucked me up really bad. i remembered somethign i did that i forgot about and i had a panic attack while tripping balls. since then i have thought about it alot and relize i cannot change the past and what is done, is done. once you become comfortable with yourself then you know you are ready for the sacred mushroom.

--------------------

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
    #2972823 - 08/06/04 06:56 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Perhaps the sacred mushroom will show you what you feel you are lacking right now.  Since you are unsure of what the mirror of your mind will reveal, perhaps a low dose (1.5g or so each) will be just the ticket.  You'll see a glimpse of the landscape inside your head, and if that view is a pleasant one then you'll be more at ease for the next time.  If not, then take comfort in knowing it will be over relatively soon.

Set and setting, set and setting.  If it's not a good day, don't go for the ride.

Please let us know how it goes! :peace:

S2b

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: should i? [Re: shaman2b]
    #2973117 - 08/06/04 08:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

oh trust me i'll let everyone know :smile:
thank's for the advice...
i guess all this was a little premature since i still got some time untill i'll have the chance...
i hope that when the time comes all these fears will be forgotten anyway and i'll be ready for my trip :smile:
and if not... well i'll probably do it anyway i guess... and hopfully it'll do good insted of freak me out...
either way i'll be posting my expiriance a day or two after i'll have it for sure... i also plan to post my grow!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience