Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Lack Of Control In Life
    #2957564 - 08/02/04 08:16 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like my life is fairly good at this point in time. Still a lot of stuff I have to do like finish college, take care of money etc...

But at the sametime, I look at how many people in this world have no oppertunity, are in hostile enviroments, and are suffering. The worst part is, a lot of people are simply born into these situations and have no control over what happens to them.

I really don't know exactly what happens when we die, and it often makes me wonder what guarentee do we have that we won't be born into a situation like that? Religions often have answers to that, like karma, heaven & hell, etc... but they all seem like answers simply designed to quiet that type of fear.

Now I have my own mind-blowing experinces which make me feel like the positive DOES outweigh the negative in the long run, but I still often wonder what determines the origin of what situation we're born into. I somewhat believe in reincarnation, except on a larger scale past just life in this universe, whatever that may extend to.

So anyone have these kinds of fears or concerns? I almost feel weird posting this because I've developed my own personal sense of spirtuality and outlook on life, but it's still something that's on my mind when I see so many people suffer.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: Lack Of Control In Life [Re: Twirling]
    #2957572 - 08/02/04 08:19 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

no one knows. thus, it is irresponsible to reproduce.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Lack Of Control In Life [Re: BleaK]
    #2957609 - 08/02/04 08:33 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

lol, I'll take my chances over being celibate.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineBleaK
paradox
    #2957636 - 08/02/04 08:44 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

you have more than 2 options.

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

OfflineMad_Buhdda_Abuser
Re: Lack Of Control In Life [Re: BleaK]
    #2957771 - 08/02/04 09:29 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Listen, to you the sitiuation that the person is in being highly negative or highly positive is in comparison to your life. Ex/ you feel bad for the people in africa because they, for one, dont have clean water and food, but u take into account the things u have in your life too, such ass tv or comp. You see what they are missing and what u are not and u feel sorry for them because you think a normal person (you) would be unfullfilled without TV or Comp. But since they are born into that environment and lived it for most of their lives it becomes normal to them.
Karma in this situation doesnt work because logically no one has it better off than n e one else, in a sense of them being used to what they have and dont long for. And because Karma deals with the life as a whole, any human being born into any circumstance does not have it better (in theory) than anyone else.

Just my to bits
PEACE

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Lack Of Control In Life [Re: Mad_Buhdda_Abuser]
    #2957847 - 08/02/04 09:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think there is truth to what you're saying. A lot of cultures might seem to have it pretty bad, but they often have different advantages that my culture doesn't have. But mainly I'm talking about people born into situations which are just so awful that there isn't any redeeming factors. Consider someone who's abused from the day they're born, or maybe someone born during the start of a major war or genocide.

--------------------

OfflineSamuel
u-knit-e
Female User Gallery

Loc: In the hearts of the A-Te...
    #2959189 - 08/03/04 08:48 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I think everyone is where they are for a reason.

I believe in reincarnation and that every soul is born again and again until they reach a certain point of enlightenment. It could be that the souls of the people who are not well off are there because they need to learn what it is like to be there.

--------------------
:heart: :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology